Perfect Weapon

Welcome To The Family

“Hey kid (hey kid)
Do I have your attention?
I know the way you've been living
Life so reckless, tragedy endless
Welcome to the family

Hey, there's something missing
Only time will alter your vision
Never in question, lethal injection
Welcome to the family

Not long ago you'd find the answers were so crystal clear
Within a day you find yourself living in constant fear
Can you look at yourself now?
Can you look at yourself?
You can't win this fight

And in a way it seems there's no one to call
When our thoughts are so numb and our feelings unsure
We all have emptiness inside
We all have answers to find
But you can't win this fight

Hey (hey kid)
I have to question
What's with the violent aggression?
Details blurry, lost him too early
Welcome to the family

Hey, why won't you listen?
Can't help the people you're missing
It's been done, a casualty re-run
Welcome to the family

I try and help you with the things that can't be justified
I need to warn you that there is no way to rationalize
So have you figured it out now?
So have you figured it out?
You can't win this fight

And in a way it seems there's no one to call
When our thoughts are so numb and our feelings unsure
We all have emptiness inside
We all have answers to find
But you can't win this fight

Gunning for you and all mankind
I've lost my mind
Psychotic rabid dementia
I won't be fine

I see you're a king who's been dethrone
Cast out in a world you've never known
Stand down, place your weapons by your side
It's our war, in the end we'll surely lose but that's alright

So have you figured it out now?
So have you figured it out?

And in a way it seems there's no one to call
When our thoughts are so numb and our feelings unsure
We all have emptiness inside
We all have answers to find
But you can't win this fight

Deep inside where nothing's fine
I've lost my mind
You're not invited, so step aside
I've lost my,
Deep inside where nothing's fine
I've lost my mind
You're not invited, so step aside
I've lost my...”
I sung with Matt while Brian and Zacky played their guitars along with the song; Matt and Jimmy had written this song called Welcome To The Family, and asked me to sing it with Matt which I of course said yes too.

Both bands had been in the studio for about a month so far because we had to wait for Zacky and Alli to finish their honeymoon; at first it was hard on everyone because Jayden wasn’t there but that made Sienna and I more focused on getting this album recorded.

Mike was more than amazing and I had taken to watching him when he put his drum tracks down; it was like watching Jayden again because they both had the same energy and passion.

“That was so amazing and perfect, we have to record the song just like that. It was brilliant, no it was better than brilliant” Jimmy rambled on in excitement as he bounced on the couch a little bit; Jimmy’s excitement than flowed into everyone else and they all started saying the same as Jimmy.

“That song is perfect now, I knew it was missing something and now we’ve found that something” Brian whispered into my ear as he put his guitar on the stand and sat beside me on the three seater couch; I looked up at him and raised my eyebrow at him.

“You do know how cheesy that just sounded, right? But it was also very cute, so thank you” I said smiling at him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gently pulled me closer to him; I leaned into him as we hadn’t really been able to be together for a while.

Everyone headed up to our Big Bear cabins so we could get away and focus on writing; which was good because Matt and I needed peace and quiet when we wrote. We were able to share ideas and hear the other bands songs; one night all Sienna and I did was cry because the guys preformed the songs that were going on the album.

All of the songs, if not most of the songs related to Jayden or had parts that related to Jayden; it was then that I realised the guys too were affected by Jay’s death, it wasn’t just Sienna and I who was feeling lost.

Then once we got home we all headed into the studio and started recording; the only time it’s just Brian and I is when we go home, now I know why the girls complain so much when the guys are recording an album. You don’t get to spend a lot of time with them because the studio takes up all their day and even some of the night; so I loved it when we went home and spent time with Brian.

I smiled as I closed my eyes when Brian leant down and pressed his soft lips onto mine; I rested my hand on his firm stomach as I kissed him back. We kept the kiss soft and sweet as Matt was still sitting beside me; everyone knew how over protective he was with me but at least he was okay with Brian and I.

“Dude we’re here to record an album, not make out with my baby sister” I smiled pulling back from his lips when I heard my big brother’s deep voice; Brian apologized while pulling me closer to him even more.

“Matt stop, it’s easy to see their so in love. Let them kiss every now and again, everyone else here does” Val said sticking up for us which shocked everyone, especially me; Val hadn’t really talked to me all that much since that day at the beach with Michelle.

“I’m sorry I’ve been such a bitch to you Ash, it’s just everything with Michelle. I was caught in the middle because she’s my twin and your one of my best friends, she expected me to be on her side” Val explained to me what I already knew; but I wasn’t going to tell her that Matt had already told me this.

“Don’t worry about it Val, I kind of figured this would happen and I don’t blame you for it. Your my friend and nothing will change that” I said softly as I stood up from the couch and walked over to her; I smiled at her which she returned as we hugged each other tightly.

“Is the girly problem over now? I’d like to actually get these albums out this year” Zacky said with a smiled as he was cuddled up with Alli who had the cutest baby bump ever; once I pulled back from Val I felt familiar arms wrap around my waist from behind.

“I agree, let’s get this shit on the road” Mike said happily as we all headed back into the studio; the girls stayed where they were and Brian turn me around and lifted me up to carried me. I hooked my legs over his hips and kissed his forehead gently; I rested against him and played with his hair as I was finally getting the closure that I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashton's Outfit
Song: Welcome To The Family by Avenged Sevenfold

Please Comment!