Status: On an indefinite break sorry about this....

Dear Romeo, Where Do You Think You're Going?

Prologue

“Lily, this is Sebastian” My mother says introducing me to the six year old boy in front of me, “Have fun!” she calls walking inside the house to join the adults, leaving me and Sebastian alone outside. Can you say awkward? I think standing there with him in silence.

“How old are you?” he asks trying to break the silence, He looks as uncomfortable as I feel, I think to myself, looking at him.

“Four,” I tell him, he looks surprised.

“You don’t act like your four” he says after a few minutes. I giggle.

“People always tell me that,” I explain, “I’m just really smart I’m already in grade 1”

“I’m in grade one too!” he exclaims, sitting down in his suit. That’s not a good idea, I think as he sits down in a patch of mud by accident. I laugh as he yelps and jumps up; he turns and glares at me. Then he slowly turns towards the mud and scoops some up.

“Don’t!” I warn him, “I’m not allowed to get dirty!” he just grins and throws it at me.

SPLAT!!!

It lands in the front of my white sundress. I cry out as it hits me, then I lunge at Sebastian, tackling him and we both land in the mud.

*************************************************************************************************

Lily’s parents look out the window, so do Sebastian’s as they hear screaming. They can see their children playing in the mud.

“Lily!” my mom screams, running out of the house with all the other adults. I stand up as I feel my cheeks go red.

“Sorry mommy!” I say to her as Sebastian stands up as well. His dad looks at him.

“Sebastian, I told you not to get dirty!” he yells at him, Sebastian looks at the ground.

“Sorry father” he says as the adults begin to head inside once more. We don’t say anything until they are gone, then we burst out laughing.

“Friends?” Sebastian asks, after he finishes laughing. He holds out his hand. I shake it.

“Best Friends” I say in agreement.