Status: Complete

Past Lives

23

Jamie was right. Either decision I went with, someone would get hurt.

I sighed and wiped away a tear. “I told Max.”

Jamie looked at me. “Told him everything?”

I shook my head. “Everything but the kiss. He was beyond pissed when I told him what Brooks said, I didn’t want to push it.”

Before she could say anything else, Max sleepily walked out of my room, rubbing his eyes.

“Do you guys always have these nightly pow-wows or is it just when I stay? Ya know, girl talk about how wonderful I am.” He said leaning against the doorway.

Jamie rolled her eyes. “You wish frenchie. We were just discussing about what happened tonight.”

Max just nodded and pulled me up off of the floor. “Well, if you don’t mind, I am gonna steal Ads back. I seem to not to be able to sleep without her anymore.”

I looked back at Jamie before I shut my door. “We will talk more tomorrow.”

Jamie just nodded and turned to walk back to her room.

--

I got up before Max or Jamie the next morning, so I decided to make breakfast. I went down to the kitchen and put my iPod on.

Twenty minutes later, while I was singing along to Angel Taylor, I felt two arms wrap around me and a kiss on my neck.

“Whatever you are making baby, smells divine.” Max said as he stole a piece of bacon.

I smacked his hand then gave him a kiss, laughing.

“You guys make me sick you know that?” Jamie said walking in as she was putting her hair up.

“Awww. Someone’s jealous.” Max teased. “Although, you and Scudsy seemed to be getting close last night.”

If a stare could kill, that is what Jamie was sending Max at the moment.

“You two, play nice.” I said as I brought a plate of pancakes to the table.

“Oh by the way Jamie. Nice job last night.” Max said grinning.

“Huh?” Jamie said looking confused.

Max stuffed a forkful of pancake in his mouth. “On Brooks. Eats took a picture and sent it to me this morning.”

I choked on my juice. “Is it really that bad?” Jamie asked grinning.

“It probably looks worse than it really is. You didn’t break his nose.”

“This time.” I mumbled.

“Well fuck. I was really hoping I broke it. Asshole deserved it.”

“Max, seriously, don’t let this affect the team. Totally the last thing I ever wanted was to come between you and him.” I said.

He grabbed my hand. “Don’t worry. I won’t do anything, unless he starts it.”

I rolled my eyes. “What does your bus leave?”

He looked at his watch. “In about… half hour.”

“Shouldn’t ya know, be getting your shit together or something?” Jamie asked.

He gulped down his juice as he took his dishes over to the sink. “See unlike you women, I plan ahead. I was packed and ready to go before last night’s game. All I have to do is swing by my house and pick it up.”

“And change.” Looking down at his dress pants he was wearing from the night before.

He smiled and gave me a kiss. “Nah. The guys won’t care. I’ll see you guys in Buffalo later? Scuds texting me something about going out?”

Jamie sighed. “Yeah, he wants all four of us to go out or what not.”

He nodded and I followed him to the front door.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. “Call you when we get there?”

“You better or there will be hell to pay.” He teased as he opened the door to leave.

“Max, I’m serious. Just let this shit go please?” I pleaded.

He gave me a kiss as he walked out. “I can’t promise you that love.”

--

“Are we there yet?”

“No.”

“Are we there yet?”

“Nope.”

“Are we there yet?”

I laughed. “Jamie seriously. No.”

She sighed. “I need out of this car. I’m going nuts.”

“Do you wanna drive again? We only have 20 some miles left.”

She shook her head. “Nope. Cause I like being in charge of the music.”

Half hour later, we pulled into the hotel parking lot, to see the guys walking off the bus.

I turned off the car and sunk down in my seat. “Is it possible to just sneak in without seeing them?”

Jamie laughed and jumped out of the car. “Free at last! Free at last! Come on Ads, let’s go check in so I can go jump in the pool.”

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my suitcase out of the back. “It is the dead of winter, and you want to go swimming?”

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea.” Max said as he walked up behind Jamie.

“See? Your French lover agrees!” Jamie exclaimed.

This trip could be quite an interesting one to say the least.