Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Sixteen

''Where in the hell did you go last night, Cleo? You didn't even come find me to let me know you were leaving!'' Lucy yelled down the phone to me as I walked to work.

''Lucy, calm down. I'm safe aren't I?'' I asked my rhetorical question knowing she'd reply anyway.

''Yes you are but I didn't know that until this morning, I worried all night.'' She continued to have a go at me.

''Lucy, I apologise now can we please just drop it? I don't need attitude from you and then get it from Eddy when I get to work.'' I half pleaded with her to stop yelling. I didn't respond well to being yelled at, at half eight in the morning.

''Sorry, but next time tell me.'' Her voice was calm now.

''I promise.'' I replied then hung up the phone. I'd reached work twenty minutes before I needed to be there but I shoved the door open and felt the warm air from the academy hit me in the face. There was already a lot of people gathered on the main floor talking loudly amongst each other. Usually I would see a sea of screaming kids, jumping and singing watching a band, it looked more like a business meeting.

''Ahh, and here she is now!'' I heard Eddy call and walk over to me. A few heads turned to face me. I didn't recognise anyone so I didn't have the foggiest as to what was going on.
''Cleo, there will be a magazine event happening today. We need this place cleaned and tidied and I need you to help these important people set up ready for the public coming in.'' Eddy shot at me.

''You could have let me know yesterday.'' I snapped. Lucy had already touched a nerve by yelling at me, Eddy was getting the backlash of it.

''Well we didn't know yesterday did we?'' Eddy whispered through gritted teeth so the magazine people wouldn't hear him.

''Urgh, fine. Let me get settled and I'll be back in a second.'' I huffed and walked off to the bar to get myself a glass of water.

''Hey.'' I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I saw Aiden walking towards me, his glasses still perched on his face, but a pair of tired eyes were hiding behind them. His hair was dishevelled and by the looks of his creased t-shirt and unironed ripped jeans, it looked like he'd gotten dressed in the dark.

''Hey Aiden. You look...rough.'' I commented at his appearance.

He chuckled a little ''Yeah, guess I stayed out too long...'' his sentence trailed off at the end. ''Where did you go?'' He asked, seeming slightly upset.

''I went home, my mum called, her and my dad are away so I wanted to speak to them. Sorry I just left like that.'' I didn't like to grovel for people to forgive me. I gave an apology and hoped they'd accept it...even if it wasn't always the truth.

''Not to worry, you didn't miss much. I think I left not long after you anyway.'' Aiden told me. I nodded to show I was listening.

''No time for chit chat, work beckons you!'' I heard Eddy shout as he glared over at me and Aiden.

We both sighed and walked in Eddy's direction, waiting on our daily instructions.

***

''I do believe we're done!'' I cheered as Aiden and I looked at the set up we'd just finished. Eddy had informed us that a small rock music magazine wanted to use his academy to invite people in to meet a few bands, meet the editors, get to know about their magazine and take photographs etc.

Of course they'd only decided that day so me, Aiden and a few others that worked in the academy had to rush about like mad men – and women – to get the place looking and smelling decent for the arrival of bands and general public.

''Good job!'' Aiden called and high-fived me.

''You too!'' I beamed. I smiled at the effort we'd both put in and at how much praise Eddy had given us. He was more than likely on his best behaviour because people were constantly around us, but I appreciated it none the less.

''Cleo,'' Aiden started. I turned my head to face him. ''I was just wondering, since we're done for the day if you'd like to do something?'' Aiden was growing more confident around me. He still had the light blush to his cheeks when he asked me direct questions, but he was at least talking to me.

I didn't like it so much...because I didn't want to like him.

''Erm, well-'' I was cut off by a few screams and a whole lot of commotion going on at the front of the academy.

Aiden and I shot concerned looks at each other and darted up to where the noise was coming from. We couldn't see much because of people gathering around but I grabbed Aiden's shoulder and pulled myself up further.

''Can I have a picture, please?'' I heard one girl ask.

''Me too!''Another almost screamed.

''Can you see who it is?'' I asked Aiden who was a lot taller than myself. Even though I was used to seeing bands almost everyday, I still got excited when one was in my presence, although I never harassed them for pictures. I felt rude.

''I think it's Get Scared.'' He told me, squinting his eyes.

''Ahh, I enjoy them.'' I smiled trying to hide my fan girl excitement. Just then, more screams erupted. ''Who now?'' I questioned.

''I do believe it's Framing Hanley.'' Aiden replied. I also liked that band too so I started to get a little jumpy.

''Ok, give them room.'' I heard Eddy call above the noise. ''Aiden, take them into the back rooms please.'' Eddy called, turning to see Aiden and I hovering about.

He nodded and the bands, along with their managers followed Aiden as he showed them where to go.

''Thank you for your hard work today, Cleo.'' Eddy said, being nice for once as he walked over to me.

''No problem, glad you noticed.'' I beamed.

''Maybe you can work this hard everyday.'' He chipped in, ruining how happy I was with him.

''Fuck you, Eddy.'' I snapped and stormed away from him, ignoring the looks I received from the rest of the people standing around us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so very sorry for the people who have been waiting for this. I've been swamped with work and NVQ stuff that I just have not had the time or motivation to do anything else.
I know I've lost a few subscribers...possibly for the long wait or because they just don't like the story, but for those who do enjoy this and have been waiting...I hope it was worth it, seriously =]