Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Two

I didn’t want stay to watch the gig. Of course I usually did since I didn’t have to pay for it and I got to watch from backstage which I always enjoyed, but Eddy had gotten to me and I just wanted to leave and go home to bed.

I left the building, leaving the queue of people behind me.

‘‘Where are you going?’’ I heard a calm, quiet voice from behind me. I turned to see that small guy smoking another cigarette, leaning against the side of the building.

‘‘Home, what’s it to you?’’ I asked, walking over to him. I stood in front of him and folded my arms, darting my eyes all over his face.

‘‘Just curious. No matter how much I hated a band, I’d never leave a free gig.’’ He explained, taking another drag on his cigarette.

‘‘I don’t hate your band, to be quite honest, I’ve never heard of you guys.’’ I told him.

‘‘Does that not make it a reason for you to stay? Make your mind up once you’ve heard us?’’ He asked, stepping forwards so his face was almost an inch from my own.

‘‘You’ve made a point. But I’d rather not stand with Eddy glaring at me all night. He’s been a pain all day, I cant handle much more.’’ I stated, getting uncomfortable with him being so close to me. I didn’t even know his name, had never even met him before, he was in my personal space.

‘‘Then just stand on the floor with the rest of them, he cant glare at you then. There’s too many kids to notice a plain Jane like yourself.’’ He said, taking in the last of his cigarette and blowing the smoke in my face.

‘‘You know, to gain fans, you don’t do yourself any favours with comments like that.’’ I snapped at him. Again, my temper bubbling over.

‘‘Touched a nerve?’’ He smiled, coming even closer, like it was even possible.

‘‘Go fuck yourself.’’ My tone wasn’t quite as harsh as I wanted it to be so all he did was chuckle.

‘‘You know that wouldn’t be much fun. But with the two of us…’’ He trailed off, his eyes roaming my whole body.

‘‘I’m no groupie. ’’ I informed him, pushing his shoulders so he wasn’t so close to my face.

‘‘I didn’t say you were, I was just suggesting.’’ He shrugged and made his way to the back door where the stage was. ‘‘I’ll see you inside.’’ He stated, then disappeared through the door.

I started to walk away from the building, not wanting to stay and give him the satisfaction of knowing he’d made me stay…but I couldn’t help myself. I walked back, passed the queue of people and walked straight in, not even getting a glance from the security at the door. I made my way to the floor, people filling it up already. I saw Eddy standing at the side of the stage, he was in deep conversation with one of the tech guys so I knew I’d be ok and he wouldn’t see me.

‘‘Cleo, I thought you’d be here!’’ I heard a high pitched voice squeal from behind me.

‘‘When do I pass up a free gig?’’ I sighed to my best friend Lucy.

‘‘Are you ok?’’ She asked me, embracing me in a quick hug.

‘‘Yeah, fine, just been a long and stressful day.’’ I stated bluntly.

‘‘Eddy?’’ She asked, knowing fine well he would be the reason I’d had a bad day. I nodded and diverted my eyes to the stage. ‘‘Well not to worry, you’re free from him now, just enjoy yourself.’’

We stood through two support bands, I occasionally sang a few words and tried my best to enjoy myself, but I felt too tense and annoyed and tired to even want to be there.

After they’d finished and the stage was cleared then ready for My Chemical Romance, the lights went out and the whole place filled with screams and cheers.

The band filled the stage, taking their places in front of us.

‘‘Isn’t he just gorgeous?’’ Lucy chirped above the loud music they’d started to play.

‘‘Which one?’’ I shouted so she could hear me. She pointed to the guitarist which I then recognised as the guy who’d been suggestive towards me.

‘‘Frank, silly. I mean yes, they are all delicious but he is just…mmm.’’ She swooned then started to sing along with the singer. I laughed at her words and stared at him through their whole set.

At the end the singer thanked us all for coming out and watching them and walked off stage. Before Frank left, I could’ve swore he looked at me, wink then smirk and leave the stage.
Stupid know it all.