Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Three

It had already been a few months since the My Chemical Romance gig and I’d done nothing but think about Frank. I became obsessed and checked on what the band was doing constantly. I didn’t know what came over me. I’d never been like that before.

I was currently browsing their tour list when my cell phone let out a loud ring to let me know I had a text.

I slid my phone open to see one message from Lucy.

‘New Jersey baby! Let’s go! My Chem home gig, we can’t miss it xx’ I was also very glad Lucy was already a crazy obsessed fan, else I’d probably wait until they decided to show their faces in North Dakota again.

I replied straight away, asking her when we were leaving because I was packing already.

***

Three days later, on the Wednesday afternoon, Lucy and I were driving down the roads of North Dakota to New Jersey to make it to the gig in time for the Saturday.

‘‘I knew you’d say yes, it’s why I bought the tickets before I even asked you to come.’’ Lucy beamed cockily from the passenger seat of my car.

‘‘To be perfectly honest, I would’ve begged somebody for tickets if we didn’t have them.’’ I stated, truthfully.

Lucy chuckled from beside me and turned up the music on my radio, singing along loudly to some random song that played. I was going to be in for a rather long drive.

***

‘‘Eventually!’’ Lucy cheered as I parked in a car park near a hotel we were staying in the night before and after the gig. We both got out of my car and stretched our legs. Even after three breaks we were still both stiff and stretching since it felt like we’d been crammed into a small box.

‘‘You wanna get some shut eye before tomorrow?’’ I asked Lucy as I locked my car and walked towards the hotel, dragging my bag behind me.

She nodded sleepily in reply and followed behind me, throwing her bag over her shoulder.
We entered the hotel and stood looking around for a while, it was a little grubby to be perfectly honest. It was more of a motel really. The walls had areas of peeling paint, showing off a dirty brown underneath the cream coloured paint.
The lights either didn’t work or flickered and the carpet felt dirty to stand on.

‘‘I thought you picked us a nice hotel.’’ I muttered under my breath to Lucy so none of the few members of staff heard.

‘‘The pictures I looked at must have been when they first opened, it was a lot nicer than this.’’ She whispered back.

We both sighed and walked towards the front desk; we checked in, took our room key and dragged ourselves up the two flights of stairs. I didn’t trust the lift.

We reached our room and I pushed open the door revealing what we had to stay in for two nights. I flicked on the light which brightened up the whole room, showing everything there was to see of the one room place.

The carpet had went from a dark blue to almost light in places where it had been walked on so many times before, the one double bed didn’t look so double and had off pink sheets. It didn’t bare thinking about what lay underneath.

The lamp shade was covered in dust as well as the small bedside table. I walked over to the wardrobe which held no coat hangers or hooks. I slammed the door and sighed heavily.

‘‘I’m seriously considering sleeping in my car tonight.’’ I snapped in annoyance to Lucy. I didn’t mean to sound harsh, but I was tired and sore from driving for almost 3 days solid.

‘‘Come on Cleo, it isn’t that bad...’’ Lucy said, spinning around, staring at the room. I raised an eyebrow at her and she smirked and chuckled slightly. ‘‘I’m so sorry, Cleo. I really didn’t think it was gonna be this bad.’’ I smiled and sat on the edge of the bed with her.

‘‘It’s ok. I’m sure we won’t die...hopefully.’’ I smiled. ‘‘I refuse to sleep in that bed though, I’m not lying in any stains.’’ I objected causing Lucy to chuckle some more.

‘‘Just think, it’s all gonna be worth it when we see those sexy boys on stage tomorrow.’’ Lucy grinned.

Suddenly my thoughts went back to Frank. All night I lay there, my mind racing with questions. Would he remember me? Would he speak to me? Would he even look at me?

I sighed, trying to get some sleep and failing miserably, mentally blaming Frank for keeping me awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a long time, I know. I dont have many readers on this story either, but I hope the few that are reading enjoy it.
Sorry this is quite bad, it's a filler.
Hopefully more soon.