Status: On Hold Until I Like It Again

A Tornado Meets A Volcano

Nine

I stood in total disbelief in front of Frank. I was totally gob-smacked and hurt.
''Why did you bother following me?'' I asked, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

He shrugged and stepped towards me. ''Just to ask you that one question really.'' He then said, his eyes seeming to dart all over my features.

''You're a real asshole, do you know that?'' I snapped and turned on my heel to walk away.
I heard footsteps following me but I refused to turn and look at him.

''You want to know something?'' He asked. I wanted to say no, but curiosity burned its way inside of me so I stopped and turned to face him.

''What have you possibly got to say to me that I would care to know?'' I asked, frowning at him.

''I meant what I said earlier.'' Was all he said. I racked my brain to remember what had gone on. ''I do like you, Cleo. There's just something about you that I cant stop thinking about.'' I didn't want to believe what he was saying but I couldn't help myself, I was being drawn into him.

''It wont work. You cant like me!'' I yelled out in frustration. That one moment would have been any girls dream, but I couldn't take it. Nothing would be right about the situation we would throw ourselves into.

''I know I shouldn't, I don't know you. But that day we met I couldn't stop thinking about you. It sounds stupid and everyone has told me it's a silly crush and that you wont make an impact on me but you have!'' Frank told me, his words dripping with truth.

''I have to go.'' I replied, contradicting my own words and actions. I stayed so I could meet Frank, now all I wanted to do was leave him.

''One thing before you do.'' Frank spoke, coming towards me. We stood just like we had at the back of the venue. His hand snaked it's way around my waist and he pulled me closer into him. I felt him fumbling with his hand but I ignored it. His breathing became heavy and his lips started to brush over my own. We didn't kiss, our lips didn't even touch for over three seconds, but I couldn't control my heart beat. It raced and I'm more than sure you could hear it.

''Now you can go.'' Frank said, letting his hand drop from my waist and he tore himself away from my face.

I couldn't look at his face as I walked away. I wanted to cry and scream and shout in anger. I was never this way with a boy. I was always in control, I always had them lingering for more...I then knew how it felt.

I found my way back to the hotel about fifteen minutes later. My feet were hurting, my stomach was twisted and I just wanted to go back home. I knew what anyone would be thinking, 'how can you fall in love with someone you don't know? It's just a fan-girl thing. You'll grow out of it.' But I knew it wasn't. I knew there could be something with us if I gave it the chance, but I couldn't let myself be hurt like that.

I reached the hotel, mentally thanking the manager for having night staff and not locking the front doors. I trudged up the stairs and found my room. Lucy had bravely left the bedroom door unlocked for me and I entered the room.

She was sleeping peacefully in the dirty bed the hotel had given us so I slid in beside her. My body refused to let me sleep, though. My head was constantly replaying the conversation I'd had with Frank and I couldn't shut it off. I sighed and rolled onto my side, closing my eyes and hoping sleep would take over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update will be Tuesday, hope you liked.