Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Ten.

“Are you still up?” I heard Patrick say. I looked up at him.
“Yeah, sorry.” I said shaking my head.
“It's four in the morning. How can you still be up?” He asked me groggily.
“I don't sleep very well.” I laughed.
“You have insomnia?” He asked me.
“Yeah.” I said quietly.
“My medication got stolen, I think.” I sighed.
“Can you get a refill?” He asked me.
“I don't know. I'll have to find out tomorrow.” I said.
“I can come with you if you want.” He said.
“Nawh, you don't want to know my psychiatric history.” I laughed.
“I don't judge.” He said waving his hand.
“Maybe some other time.” I laughed.
“Go back to sleep, Pat.” I said in his ear. He gave me a kiss then literally five minutes later, he was fast asleep again. It took me about half an hour before I finally fell asleep again.

I got up the next morning to the sound of Patrick taking a shower. I rolled out of bed and put on my other pair of clothes and checked my phone.
“You leaving?” I heard Patrick ask laughing. I looked up and he was just in jeans. Good lord, did the room get about twenty degrees warmer or was it just me? I chuckled.
“Yeah, I should probably get going.” I said.
“Do you have a class today?” He asked me as he put a shirt on. Yeah, not gonna lie, totally was kinda let down by that.
“No, thank God. But I just have to take care of stuff now.” I said.
“Do you need any help?” He asked me.
“No, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. If I need help though, I'll ask you. Don't you have practice or something today?” I asked him.
“Yeah, in a little bit.” He said.
“Call me when you're done, though. Maybe I'll need some help.” I said laughing. I grabbed my bag and Patrick walked me out to my car. I sat in the driver's seat and Patrick leaned in over the open window.
“It'll be okay, Blaine. I'm here for you.” He said giving me a kiss. I just kept my forehead leaning on his. It was really peaceful and relaxing. I felt so reassured with him even though I knew things were messed up. I drove off back to my apartment. When I got inside I sat down on my couch and looked around. It felt so empty without my TV and some of my books. It made me feel worse about myself because I realized how attached to material things I was. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. I realized that last night Patrick told me he loved me. None of us said it this morning. Is it possible I dreamed this? Or did he just not mean it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and subscribers!
Keep it up :)
Love knowing what you think!