Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Twelve.

“Dude, what are you doing with me?” I said trying to laugh as we walked down the street. “What does that mean?” He asked me.
“She is perfect. Like, I'm pretty sure she was probably a model. And then there's me, this anxiety ridden political science student.” I said laughing. “She is so much better than me.” I said.
“She was great but it wouldn't work.” He said sighing.
“Wouldn't?” I asked.
“She may seem really great but there were some really bad moments.” He said.
“I understand that.” I said with a chuckle.
“Bad ex?” He asked me.
“Worst ex.” I said.
“Want to elaborate?” He asked me laughing.
“We dated for over a year, lived together, the whole thing. I found out he cheated on me about five months in and had a kid.” I said.
“Are you being serious?” He asked me.
“Yeah. We met in my ethics class, as ironic as that sounds.” I laughed.
“When did that happen?” He asked me.
“Ah let's see, about six months ago?” I said.
“How are you even sane right now?” He asked me laughing.
“Just barely. I was really upset about it the first like, three months, but I got over it. He screwed up his life and I won't let him do the same to me. I loved him more than anything but it would only hurt me. Not worth it.” I said sighing.
“It's great you see the good parts about it.” He said.
“I guess. I mean, it totally ruined me for a while but whatever.” I said.
“I can't be that person who promises you we'll never break up or whatever but I won't cheat on you. That's just low.” He said. I turned and looked at him and smiled. I totally did not deserve this guy. I gave him a kiss, yes right in the middle of the sidewalk.
“Thank you.” I said smiling.
“I love you, I can't see myself doing that.” He said.
“I love you too.” I said blushing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?! :)