Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Thirteen.

“What are you reading?” I heard Patrick ask me. We were sitting on my couch and Patrick was watching TV while I read for my class.
“Theory on communism.” I said.
“You're too smart for me, you know that right?” He asked me laughing.
“Nah, it's easy stuff. You just have to be informed, that's all.” I said.
“I watch the news.” He said laughing. I read for a while longer and then put my book down.
“That guy you were with, how did you meet him?” Patrick asked me.
“Ethics class. He came up to me the second week and just started talking to me. We were friends until he just asked me out.” I said.
“Were you really in love with him?” He asked me.
“Yeah, I was. He was perfect, at least I thought. He was so smart and so handsome. He was funny, he was everything I wanted in a man. I could never believe a guy like him, could be into a girl like me.” I said.
“Why do you put yourself down like that?” Patrick asked me.
“I'm average, Patrick. I'm not putting myself down, I'm being realistic about things.” I said.
“I don't think you're just average.” He said laughing.
“You're like the coolest person I've ever met. You have this awesome life and I don't really do much besides school.” I said.
“You're not supposed to do anything. You are in school, that is your life.” He said.
“I know but...” I started to say before Patrick started to kiss me.
“You're not boring. I want you, that's why I'm here.” He said when he stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :)