Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Fourteen.

Tonight was pretty important, at least to me. I was apart of the Democrats of Uchicago and tonight was our annual fundraiser and I would officially be introduced as president of the club. Patrick was going with me, too. I was really excited because lately, he hadn't been able to come out with me because of games. He had been on the road a lot and tonight was the first time I would see him in two weeks. It was weird not having him around, it reminded me of when I used to really be alone. It was just me going to class, coming home, and reading. I was such an exciting girl. During those two weeks, I thought a lot about Patrick's old girlfriend. She was gorgeous and she looked like she knew more than me. I mean, she was so intimidating looking. She was older than me and probably more mature and wiser. I felt so, so, so, lame compared to her. The only reason I'm using lame is because I can't even think about bad I compare to her. I don't understand how a guy like him could be with a gal like me. Patrick never saw me dressed up. I was usually in hoodies and jeans. I wasn't gross looking but I never dressed up. I never looked like her. So, tonight I decided I would try something different. That afternoon I had gone shopping with my friend Sarah. “I'm so happy you've come to me so I can dress you up like a hoe.” She said laughing as I looked through the racks.
“You know, I have to look classy too.” I said laughing.
“Blaine, come on. Usually at these things you wear something boring. Now you want to look nice? Tisk tisk.” She said.
“I'm...expanding?” I said laughing.
“What did Patrick do to make you suddenly want to dress like a skank?” She asked me.
“He didn't do anything. I want to surprise him? And I'm not dressing like a skank!” I said. “Girl, you're coming to me and asking for advice on what to wear. You will be the definition of skank.” She said. I just sighed and looked around at the dresses. I tried two on. A purple one and a simple red one.
“Which one do you like?” I asked her after I had tried both on.
“Well, the red is classic but the purple is you. Plus, it makes your boobs pop out. So purple!” She said. I sighed and took her advice. It was a pretty tight fitting dress and it was a shinny poppy purple. It totally was me but I still felt weird in it. Patrick was meeting me at the fundraiser tonight so I got ready alone. I didn't do much make up because I mean, I did look kinda skanked up. So, I put on my dress, a black jacket, and grabbed my bag. I was really nervous because I had to give a speech at the fundraiser and I was nervous to see Patrick. Like I said, it was the first time in a while I would be seeing him. I drove to the hall where we would be having the fundraiser. I stepped inside and it was getting filled up already. I looked around for him while trying to thank people for the congratulations on me being elected. Then, I saw Patrick at the front coming towards me and smiling. This is what love felt like. That feeling in your stomach where everything feels right. I had that moment where no one else existed in the crowded room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?