Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Fifteen.

“You look amazing.” Patrick said in my ear when I came up and gave him a hug. I laced my fingers with his and stood there and let him kiss me.
“Are you excited?” He asked me
. “Is it okay if I'm a little bit more excited to see you?” I asked laughing.
“I would only expect you to be more excited to see me.” He said grinning.
“I've never seen you in a dress before! You look great.” He said smiling.
“Thanks.” I said blushing. We walked around and I introduced him to my friends. I was really happy he was there and it was exciting to have him around.
“Don't you have to give a speech?” He asked me as we sat at a table.
“Yeah, I actually think they're introducing me in a few minutes.” I said.
“Are you nervous?” He asked me.
“Yeah, kinda. I like public speaking but never for accepting something.” I said laughing. Then the president that graduated last year, got up and introduced me. He said somethings about me and then told me to come up and make my speech. I walked up to the podium as everyone clapped and I smiled. I don't have too many moments like this.
“So, tonight I'm supposed to give you a speech. It took me a while to write and edit it and in the end I threw it away. You have all been there, you write something and you look at it and it doesn't feel right. It's done, but you don't feel it. My entire life, I worked towards college. I worked towards my goal of University of Chicago. I never thought about what was in the school. Then I found people like me, you are all the people like me. The Democrats of Chicago. There are days when I feel like I've never made an impact but I can go into a meeting and feel like I make our world better. We live in a society where we question everything now. We are all very divided but I feel like we can do anything. Seeing you all involved, makes me excited for the future. Our parents always asked what we would be when we were older or how we would act. Well, take a look. I can tell you all, I think you've turned out to be wonderful beautiful people. I can't tell you for certain what we all will be in a few years. I don't know if we are going to be in the news or if we will have changed legislature or if we will be in the history books. But I feel like in this moment, we're doing something people will remember. Something people will notice. We are at a time where society needs something solid and I think we can be that constant. We are here to make a change. We all think it's in other people's lives but I think deep down, it's to make a change in our own. I want to be apart of that. I've gone through a lot of change in the past few years, some for good and some for bad. I think it's time we keep the good change rolling. I can honestly tell you, I'm not sure what I'll do. I can tell you though, that right here and right now would not be possible without each and every single one of you out there right now. I've never been more proud of something in my life but to know you all picked me to help guide you? That's something I can never tell you how thankful I am for. I'm really excited for everything on the horizon, whether I'm apart of it or not. We are the generation that will make an impact and it's about time we start doing that. I will do everything in my power to make sure every single one of us does that. But I need your help and I know you can do that for me. So once again, thank you so much for this amazing opportunity and I will do better than my best to make sure I keep up the good name of the Democrats of Chicago.” I said with tears in my eyes. I looked into the crowd of standing ovations and I saw Patrick with the biggest smile on his face, clapping for me. I didn't deserve my life right now. Everything was too perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
long but yeah? haha
Comments please?