Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Seventeen.

“So, you need to dress up more often.” Patrick said quietly once his breathing got back to normal. I just laughed at him.
“You did look beautiful, though.” He said holding my hand.
“Thank you.” I said quietly.
“Are you okay?” He asked me.
“Yeah.” I said laughing and looking up at him.
“I just haven't done this in a while.” I laughed. We laid there quietly for a while and I could feel Patrick fall asleep.

I got up carefully so I wouldn't wake him up and I got dressed in shorts and a tee shirt.
It was pretty funny, to me at least, to get dressed up so nicely and then wear this. I debated for a while on whether or not to go lay back down but I couldn't sleep. Once again, I blame my insomnia. I went and sat down on the couch and looked out my window. For a crappy apartment, I felt like I had the best view of the city. In all honesty, the city was a major factor in why I went to school here.
“Hey. What are you doing still up?” I heard Patrick say as he sat down next to me.
“I can't sleep.” I said laughing.
“You never sleep, it's absolutely ridiculous, you know that right?” He said laughing.
“Are you okay?” He asked me.
“I am. I think I actually am.” I chuckled.
“You just seem preoccupied.” He said.
“Everything is working out for the first time in a long time. It's just weird, I guess.” I said.
“What do you mean?” He asked me.
“Well, I'm used to being alone. Then I met you. I always used to be this really socially awkward person and now I'm the president of one the biggest organizations in Chicago. Like, things are seriously going in my favor.” I said laughing.
“You deserve them, though.” He said giving me a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)