Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Eighteen.

Patrick and I have been dating for about five months now. I was never one of those girls to count the days and be all specific about how long we had been dating. All I knew was that I was happy, because after a while, the days all mush together. We both have been really happy, well I think I have. We've been extremely busy but I have school and he plays hockey. I was sitting at home tonight just studying for classes when Patrick walked in.
“Hey.” I said smiling and looking up at him.
“Hi.” He said simply and sat down. He wasn't smiling at all and not to be brutal, but he looked pretty bad. He hadn't shaved in days, his hair was a mess, and he looked really tired.
“What's wrong?” I asked him as I sat on the back of my legs and put my hand on his shoulder. He sighed and started talking.
“You deserve better than what I can give you.” I heard him say quietly. “
What?” I asked sitting back.
“We can't do this anymore, Blaine. I'm so much older than you and I'm never around.” He started saying.
“Why are you saying all of this? What is going on?” I asked him, taken back.
“I think we need to take a break.” He said quietly. I leaned back against the arm of my couch and stared at him.
“Because you're older than me? Because to you, you're never around?” I asked looking at him.
“Yes.” He mumbled.
“That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard you say. You aren't that much older than me, Patrick. And yes, you are around.” I said starting to raise my voice.
“Why are you doing this?!” I asked getting up.
“Because you deserve better. You don't need this life.” He said looking up.
“Don't tell me what I don't need. Like, are you wasted or something? Why are you bringing this up?” I asked him.
“I know what I'm doing, Blaine. Trust me, you've got so much to do in your life, and honestly, I would just hold you back.”
He said with a raspy voice. I just stood there and looked at him. I wanted to cry but I wouldn't let him see me like that. Was this really happening?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's taken so long to update!!
Thanks for everything guys :D