Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Three.

Patrick and I texted each other, a lot. We had gone on two more dates since our first one. It was pretty far apart date because he had a road trip in between them but it was worth the wait to see him again. Patrick had called me from his car on his way home to tell me that he wanted to see me tonight.
“Aren't you tired or jet lagged or something?” I asked laughing.
“Not really. I missed you. I'm sure it will hit me tonight but I don't care.” He said. Most people might find that kind of heavy after only dating for what? Three weeks? But we always talked. It was really nice, I mean I actually got to know who he was. I'd like to think he knew who I was too.
“It's up to you, Patrick. If you fall asleep on me, I'm not taking you home.” I said laughing.
“So, I can spend the night at your place? Nice.” He joked.
“Patrick.” I simply laughed.
“Look, why don't you come over to my house? If I fall asleep you can leave or stay. Either way I won't complain.” He said.
“Alright. When you get home text me your address.” I said.
“Okay, I'll do it first thing.” He laughed.
“Good lord, Patrick.” I laughed.
“See you soon.” He said and hung up. I was already dressed in jeans and a pink long sleeved Polo shirt. It looked pretty rad with my hair, if I do say so myself. I just laid around and read while I waited for him to text me. About twenty minutes later I got the text from him giving me his address. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. I messed up my hair a bit to make it bigger. I love big hair, I just can't stand having small flat hair. I grabbed my bag and jacket and left. It took me a while but I got to his house in one piece. He had a really nice place. I mean, if you had a house in Chicago, it was obviously pretty nice. I knocked on the door and heard some ruffling around and then Patrick opened the door. I wanted to jump up and for him to kiss me but I knew that wasn't happening. He had a big smile on his face and opened his arms and I hugged him back.
“Come in.” He said opening up the door more. He had a really nice place, I was pretty jealous. In a way it reminded me of my old home.
“I missed you!” He laughed as he lead me to his couch.
“Awh Patrick. I missed you too.” I said laughing and putting my hand on his cheek quickly. “So, what'd you do without me?” He asked laughing.
“Slept, read, and went to school. The usual. Pretty uneventful.” I said smiling.
“Oh, and I stayed up pretty late to watch you play. If you hadn't scored those two goals and won, I would have been pretty pissed.” I said laughing.
“Am I not good looking enough for you to just enjoy watching the game?” He asked laughing. “Nope.” I said smiling. Patrick gave me a tour of his house and I even met his dog, Shooter.
“I love your dog. He's so cute! It makes me miss my puppies.” I said frowning.
“You have dogs?” He asked.
“Yeah, back home. Well, one just recently died I guess, according to my mom. His name was Chubby. He was my llama.” I said starting to tear up.
“I'm sorry, I just don't go home a lot. I miss my dogs sometimes.” I said.
“Don't be sorry, if I couldn't see him I'd be upset. Why'd you call him your llama?” He asked laughing.
“Oh, it was my nickname for him. He looked like a llama sometimes. He was a brown lab.” I said.

We talked some more and we sat back down in his living room.
“Did you always want to play hockey?” I asked after a while.
“Yeah. I've done the same thing all my life. There are days when it's really rough but I love it. I think there are some things I've missed out on but I wouldn't change a thing.” He said.
“What do you think you've missed out on?” I asked.
“Small stuff like when I was in high school but now it's like, relationships and such.” He said. “Yeah, I guess I can understand that.” I said.
“I'm trying though. Like with you, I like being around you. You're a fun person. It's cool talking to you.” He said. I just smiled at him, my head being propped up by one arm on the back of the couch.
“I like hanging out with you, too.” I said quietly. Patrick leaned over and grabbed me by the back of the neck and kissed me. I laid on my hand on the side of his neck and kissed him back. We stayed this way for quiet a while, the only thing changing was us just shifting. After we stopped we just looked at each other.
“So, did I mention I really missed you while I was gone?” Patrick whispered laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments and subscribers!
I really appreciate it! Keep it up! :)