Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Twenty-One.

It took everything in me to not run to him. I pretended I didn't seen him and I walked in. I got myself a chai tea and left. My hand was shaking and the tea was way too hot. I thought I would spill it all over me. I walked outside and glanced to where I saw Patrick earlier. His car was there but he was no longer inside. I sighed and kept walking home where I really did not feel like going. It would be empty and once again, I would be alone. I walked through the lobby where I almost stopped in my tracks. Well, I did actually. Patrick was sitting in a chair. He stood up and came towards me as I tried to keep walking towards the elevator.
“Blaine, let's talk.” He said as I stepped in the elevator. I just looked at him as the door closed but he stuck his hand in and stepped in.
“We have nothing to talk about, Patrick.” I said starring straight ahead. I couldn't even look at him. I was afraid if I did, I would break down and cry. “
I want to explain.” He said quietly. The elevator doors opened and I stepped out and looked at him as he followed me out.
“You wouldn't explain anything to me at all last night, but you sure were able to use me then leave.” I said. He still looked awful as we went into my apartment. Why was I even letting him in? He didn't deserve that but I could never say no to him. I threw my keys onto the table and sat down and sighed as Patrick sat down on the couch and looked at me.
“What the hell is going on with you, Patrick? You look worse than me.” I said.
“I meant what I said last night, Blaine. We can't be together anymore.” He said quietly.
“Why?” I asked calmly.
“I don't deserve you. You deserve better than what I'm giving you or what I can.” He said. “That's not good enough. You know how I feel about you. You're giving up on this relationship we put months into. Do I honestly mean that little to you?” I asked him.
“You know I care about you.” He started saying before I laughed.
“If you really cared about me, then you would not be doing this.” I said. Patrick didn't have anything to say but he just shook his head.
“What am I supposed to say, Patrick?” I asked quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?