Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Twenty-Three.

After I walked out on Patrick, I immediately regretted my decision. But I couldn't imagine just being friends with Patrick. Maybe that was our problem. We went straight into a relationship without being friends. Patrick was my best friend though. He was the person I told all my problems to, all my successes, everything. I walked around the block for a while then went back home to the apartment. I was hoping Patrick would be sitting there still. I hoped he would tell me he regretted everything he said and he loved me. That he wanted to stay with me but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I walked inside and looked around. Everything of his was gone. I went and sat down at the table where I saw a book and a note. I started to read the small paper. “Blaine, I can't look at you without regretting my decision to leave. So, I have to tell you this in a letter. You are the best person I know. I've never met someone who has such high ambitions and has it in them to achieve them. My life is hockey, and then you came along. But when we would talk at night, you would talk about wanting to make a difference and help people. You can't be a politician and save the world when your husband or boyfriend is a hockey player. It doesn't add up. If I was to get traded or couldn't sign and stay here, you couldn't leave. You would have no career. I cannot expect you to pick up your life every couple years. I do love you and I always will. But I know it would only hurt us later on to stay together. I do hope though, that we can be friends. I hope you understand and I hope you will talk to me again. Love, Patrick.”
I was starting to sob and then I looked at the book. He left one of my favorite books, 'Pride & Prejudice.' I could only hope Patrick and mine's ending was the same as the book.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and new subscribers!
Keep 'em coming!