Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Five.

Patrick stayed the day at my apartment. We went out to lunch and came back and just hung out. It was pretty neat but tonight we were just going to take a walk. I got ready and we just started walking. Patrick said he didn't have a real plan on where we were walking and it was just for fun.
“So, why did you decide we should go on a walk?” He asked me as we started down the street.
“I don't know. I like walking. It gives you time to think and you catch things you might not see when you're driving or running.” I said.
“Do you go on these walks often?” He asked again.
“Not as much as I'd like too. It's just hard with classes. I have such a heavy course load and then I come home and do homework. I'm dead tired and can't bring myself to move at like, 3 AM.” I laughed.
“Do you really work that late at night?” He asked.
“Most nights. Sometimes I'm done by 1 AM. That's when I'm not distracted.” I laughed.
“What's distracting you for two hours?” He laughed.
“The internet, duh. And lately, talking to you.” I smiled.
“Awh, I'm a distraction!” He laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I just laughed at him and he took his arm back.
“It's cool being around you. You don't judge or anything. I feel pretty normal around you. It's like being at home.” He said.
“I like being around you too. It's nice having someone around.” I said. We kept walking down the the different blocks when he spoke up again.
“Can I hold your hand?” He asked me. I started giggling.
“I love how old fashioned you're trying to be.” I said and I grabbed his hand. I felt him lace his fingers between mine and I felt his thumb rub my hand.
“I'm an old fashioned guy, what can I say?” He laughed.
“So, you're from Northeastern Ohio. What's that like?” He asked laughing.
“It's like Ontario but with less cities and more Amish. I was an hour from the city so I didn't go there much. It was awful.” I laughed.
“By the way, I love how you randomly ask me that question.” I finished.
“That sounds awful. No wonder you came to Chicago. I'm just trying to get to know you better, that's all.” He grinned.
“You will, don't worry.” I laughed. We walked for two more hours and just talked. It took us a while to realize we had gone pretty far from my house. We started to walk back but we both decided a cab was in order. We got inside the cab and were laughing pretty hard at our stupidity. Patrick smiled and kissed me while we were in the cab.
“I'm kinda glad we walked farther away. Even though that was kinda brutal.” He said quietly. “It's serendipity.” I said. He gave me a quizzical look.
“It's a fortunate accident.” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep up the comments :)
Thanks for the subscribers!