Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Seven.

I picked up Patrick at 8 PM. I was wearing jeans and a lightweight long sleeved white shirt with blue sequins in lines around the shirt. We were driving and I pulled into the drive way and we sat there. I took a deep breath and looked out the window.
“You look nervous.” He said looking at me.
“I don't really bring people to these things. I mean, like I don't really have boyfriends.” I said laughing.
“You're worried they're going to say something that will make me think differently of you?” He asked.
“Yeah, basically.” I laughed.
“I'm not going to do that. Don't worry. If you heard some of the things my friends said, you'd be gone.” He laughed.
“Awh.” I laughed. We got out of the car and Patrick grabbed my hand as we walked through the backyard and walked where everyone was sitting.
“Blaine!” My best friend, Sarah, yelled.
“Hollllaaa” She yelled. We always did that, it was an inside joke from back home.
“Hollaaa.” I laughed.
“Sarah, this is Patrick.” I said introducing the two.
“Nice to meet you, Sarah.” He said extending his arm.
“Nice to meet you too, Patrick.” She said smiling.
“There's food and drinks down there, go ahead and make yourself at home.” She said.
“Well, except for you Blaine. This kinda is like your second home.” She laughed.
“Thanks, dude.” I laughed. Patrick made his way down into the backyard more and I stayed and talked to Sarah.
“NICE! Girl, he is fine! When you said he was hot, I didn't think you meant like, hot.” She practically yelled. I just laughed at her.
“So, you guys are like a couple?” She asked.
“That's what he said.” I said shrugging my shoulders.
“Girlfriend, you are lucky.” She said as we walked back to the fire.
“How old is he?” She asked me.
“Twenty-eight.” I said.
“You always liked the older men.” She said.
“He's not old.” I said punching her arm. When we were around everyone and I said hi to everyone, we sat down.
“So, just for you Blaine, I put on Kid Cudi.” She said.
“You know my feelings about that man.” I said.
“Yeah, that's all you sing sometimes.” She laughed. Patrick was sitting next to me on a small swing and we were just talking to friends.
“So, Patrick, what do you do? Are you an attorney?” She asked. Patrick started chuckling.
“I play hockey for the Blackhawks.” He said.
“I don't watch hockey, so I wouldn't know. Blaine probably does because of her brother.” She said. She wasn't phased at all by that. It was pretty hilarious.
“Ooo! Turn this song up! It's my jam.” I laughed. I started singing along with Sarah. I mean, yeah I was a white kid, but I could totally keep up with Kid Cudi. The rest of the night went pretty well. It was fun talking to kids and reminiscing about school and back home with Sarah. Patrick was by me the entire time and he was just really nice. He was a calming presence. It was almost midnight and people were starting to leave and it was just me, Patrick, and Sarah. “Do you remember when we were at home and we would just drive around?” She asked me. “Of course. That was our summer. We still do that.” I laughed.
“I miss Ohio sometimes.” She said.
“Me too. I think I just miss like, the quiet of it. I love Chicago but back there it, I don't know. It's hard to describe.” I said quietly. We sat there quietly for a bit.
“Well, we should probably go.” I said getting up.
“Yeah, I've got classes in the AM.” She said laughing. I gave her a hug and she and Patrick said good bye and we left. Patrick said he would drive home. We were sitting there quietly when he spoke up.
“I'm glad I met you.” He said. I looked over at him and smiled.
“You really are a good person.” He said. I leaned over the console and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“I'm glad I met you too.” I said quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the subscribers and comments!
Keep em up!
I love knowing what you guys think! :)