Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Eight.

I decided to walk home from class today. I never usually did but I had the chance to walk and it gave me time to think about a paper I was assigned. I finally got home and went up to my door. It was open, which was pretty odd because I thought I locked it. I didn't think too much of it but I went inside and my place was trashed. All my posters were down on the floor and glass was everywhere. I started hyperventilating as I looked around. My small TV was missing, all my movies were gone, and my books were thrown across the floor. I had no idea what to do. I took my phone out of my pocket. It took me a few seconds longer because my hand was shaking. I called Patrick.
“Hey there.” He said.
“Patrick, c-c-can you come over?” I said. I was shaking and I was starting to stutter.
“Why? What's wrong?” He asked.
“Someone broke into my house.” I said starting to sob.
“Did you call the police? Are you okay?” He said and I could hear some panic.
“I haven't called yet. I...” I started to say.
“Blaine, I'll call. Just don't touch anything. I'll be there in a few minutes.” He said. I just hung up and stared at everything. The couch no longer had pillows on it, they were ripped open. Everything was on the floor. I lost track of time and Patrick was coming up next to me.
“Oh my god.” I heard him say when he looked into my apartment. The police came and I told them what happened. They wouldn't let me look until they checked it out. It was pretty crazy because they had their guns out and they were calling out if anyone was still there. They dusted but they told me it was unlikely they would find anything.
“You should probably stay somewhere else for a night or two.” The one officer said.
“I mean, since you're alone, you probably should be with someone.” He said before he left. Patrick grabbed my hand and then we looked in my room. My mattress was tossed, my drawers were emptied, my dresser was cleaned off. I flipped down my mattress and sat down on it.
“What am I supposed to do? I'm a college kid and I could barely afford all this, now I'm going to have to start all over again.” I said just staring at everything. I was trying hard to fight off tears because I didn't want Patrick to see me cry.
“Don't worry about that now. Let's clean this up.” He said rubbing my back. I just looked at Patrick and put my head on his shoulder. Patrick kissed the side of my head and I sighed and got up. It took three hours but we got it cleaned up. After everything was clean, my place just looked so empty. Everything was gone.
“It's going to be weird staying here tonight.” I said with a forced laugh.
“You're not staying here.” He said.
“I have to. I have no where else to go.” I said.
“Blaine, you're staying with me. Don't be ridiculous.” He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and subscribers! :)
Keep it up!