Status: Ended. Go check out the rewritten, original fiction version. Link is in the summary!

What Do You Want From Me?

You Eclipsed by Me

Why do the nights we wish would never come to an end…always inevitably come to that oh so dreadful end? This was something that was being wondered by both Matt and Jessica, just as Brian’s car came to a stop outside of the girl’s home. Brian didn’t shut off the engine, but merely turned around in his seat, as did Zack.

“This was, uh,” Brian began, scratching his head nervously. “Very enlightening!”

Zack scoffed from beside him, while the couple in the back seat chuckled. “What I think he means to say is, you’re a great catch, Jess. We’re glad you’ve decided to dump those assholes.”

“Thanks, guys. I am, too.” Jessica nodded.

“And so you’re going to be with us in school on Monday?” Brian started again.

“Yes,” She replied. “I don’t even want to deal with Jason or anyone else. God only knows what they’re going to say to me or what I’d say back.”

“Well, that’s why we’ll be there,” Matt intercepted. “We’ll make sure you’re okay.”

Jessica looked to Matt and smiled. He returned the expression, and went to open his door, before Jessica stopped him.

“What is it?” He asked her with furrowed brows.

“I don’t think…I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to get out of the car,” She told the bigger man, who looked somewhat confused. “It’s just, if my parents are still awake and they see you, I don’t think they’d react too nicely.”

“Ah,” Matt said. “Gotcha. Don’t worry, I totally understand. When Zack and I first started hanging out with Brian, his parents were--”

“Matt!” Brian exclaimed loudly, interrupting the bigger man with a wide eyed glare. “Code of silence, motherfucker!”

Matt rolled his eyes at Brian’s modesty toward his home life, but continued on. “Anyway, I understand, Jess. I’ll just stay here and make sure you get inside and then we’ll head out.”

“All right.” Jessica smiled, grabbing her purse and readying herself to leave the vehicle. She reached for the handle, before stopping once again. An idea suddenly flashed through her mind; but how could she get her point across without sounding like a total moron?

“Is something wrong?” Matt questioned, noticing her pause.

“No, not at all. I just, uhm, I was wondering if maybe…”

“Maybe what?”

Jessica sighed, almost ready to drop the subject altogether. “Well, I just…I figured since we were going to be friends now, we should exchange…” She stopped what she was saying and looked away from the three men. Why she was being so shy, she couldn’t even figure out for herself.

“Exchange,” Matt spoke. “Oh, exchange phone numbers?”

“No! No, I didn’t mean it like that at all. I was just--”

Matt raised one of his hands to silence her, to which she did and hung her head embarrassingly. “Nonsense, Jess. I was thinking the same thing. I’m just glad you said something, because I probably wouldn’t have.”

“Aww, they’re shy. How cute,” Brian spoke again from the front as Zack snickered. Matt eyed them both evilly as they all pulled out their phones. “What’s your number?”

Jessica told them with a quiet voice, watching them type it into their phones. After that, Matt informed her of his, following Brian and Zack’s own recitations. She saved them all with a smile, before slipping the device back into her purse.

“Text me sometime this weekend,” Matt said. “Just to let me know how things are and if anyone is saying anything.”

“Okay. And thanks again for everything.” She wanted to say something else besides simply thanking them, but those were the only words that seemed right at the time.

“Don’t worry about it, Jess. Just go on inside and get some sleep. It’s pretty late and I’d hate for your parents to get a bad impression before they even formally meet us.”

Jessica laughed and nodded. “All right. Well, I’ll talk to you guys later.”

“See you Monday!” Zack exclaimed with a wave as Jess exited the car. She giggled and waved back as she went to close the door. Her eyes locked with Matt’s in the process, and they shared a small, knowing smile with one another. It initiated numerous flutters in her stomach, something she realized had been happening quite often since being around the hazel eyed Romeo. Before she could embarrass herself in any way or ruin the moment, Jessica quickly shut the door and waved to three men. They returned the gesture, and she hurried up to her door, keys ready in hand.

Brian’s roaring car backed out of the driveway, and Jessica didn’t bother to give it another glance as she shut the front door after entering. The house that now surrounded her was quiet; no television chatter, no faint conversations, no approaching parents, nothing. Relief was hardly the word best used to describe her emotion, but it summed it up pretty well, and she quickly relocked the door and did her best to walk quietly through the house. She slipped off her high heeled shoes before trekking up the stairs, lest they make too much of a clatter and draw attention she so did not need.

Upon entering her room, Jessica threw the heels, which she remembered to be Izzy’s, on the floor in front of her bureau. She quickly tore off the rest of her clothing, also remembering just how slutty she looked. She even had it in mind to take a shower, feeling as though the fabric may have tainted her in some way, but ultimately deciding against it as the bed lying in the middle of the room looked absolutely heavenly at that moment.

‘Tomorrow,’ Jessica thought to herself, flopping down on the bed after getting changed. ‘Tomorrow…I’ll scrub myself clean of their filth.’

~*~


“Look at this kid.”

Matt tore his eyes from the dark horizon out the window and toward the front, where he saw Brian looking at him through the rearview mirror with a genuine smile on his face.

“What?” Matt asked.

“You’re glowing!” Brian exclaimed, to which Zack broke out laughing after.

Matt leaned forward in his seat and smacked Brian upside the head. “Fuck you, I am not.”

“You so are,” Zack spoke now. “And you’re also modest. How charming!”

Matt slunk back in his seat and pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. “You guys always pick on me.”

“We aren’t picking! We’re merely just making an interpretation. And besides, you have every reason to be glowing. She’s an awesome girl.” Zack turned to look at Matt.

“Really?” Matt questioned, voice somewhat unsure.

“Absolutely. Right, Bri?”

“Yeah, man. And she’s quite the looker. God only knows what the hell she was doing with Jason Kiegan.”

“You don’t think Jason’s good looking?” Matt asked, directing his question at both of them with a slight grin on his face.

“Hell no,” Zack replied. “I mean, if he wasn’t such a dick then maybe he’d be semi attractive. But when you’re that conceded, it just makes you ugly.”

“Agreed. Besides, I like my men pale, curvy, and with soft, black hair. Oh, and with piercings, too; gotta have those piercings.” Brian glanced at Zack and winked mischievously. Zack blushed and giggled.

“Guys,” Matt spoke with an edge to his voice. “Wait until you’re alone, okay? Jesus. You’re like bunnies or something.”

“I prefer the term rabbits, but whatever tickles your fancy, big guy. Anyway, back to what you were saying.” Brian gave a cheesy smile.

Matt scoffed. “So, you guys really do like her? I mean, I don’t want to get in over my head here.”

“You’re not getting in over your head. You’re doing everything right. I think she’s completely genuine, and if you think about it, she never did seem the type to fall in with that crowd. It just took her…however many years to realize it,” Zack said.

“This is true.” Matt nodded. “I don’t know, I just--there’s something about her that’s got me spinning.”

“Spinning?” Brian repeated.

“Yes. But in a good way, though.”

“Aww,” Zack cooed. “Then I think you’re making the absolute right decision. Who knows, maybe something sublimely good could come of it.”

“Good, as in what?”

“I don’t know. You tell me.”

Matt studied Zack’s face, before turning his gaze back out the window. His mood was suddenly ten times brighter than before, and considering he was already feeling magnificent, this was just icing on the cake. Could something happen between them? If it did, what exactly would this something be? Matt had so many questions, so many thoughts and feelings, and for the first time in probably forever, he couldn’t wait for Monday to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I've been SUPER busy. I saw Avenged this past Friday, with Three Days Grace and Sevendust. It was amazinggg. And then I was working on other stuff. But I'm just glad I got this update done. I know it's kind of short, but I wanted to get it out there and I'm now working on the next one.
Sooo, how about you guys comment?! I'll try and update again really soon, based on how many comments I get.

I love all you beautiful mibbians. ;D

May the Odds Be In Your Favor,

Jess.
xoxo