My Happily Ever After

Chapter 4

I had spent the morning at home reading a book and listening to music. I decided I needed to be fully awake for meeting up with Joey, so I set my alarm for 3:00 and fell asleep on my bed.
The thing is, the alarm didn't wake me up, I woke up half an hour later and started panicking.
I rushed into the bathroom and ran the brush through my unruly bed head hair and pulled it back into a ponytail.

Walking back into my room, I found my cell phone ringing. "Hello?"

"How's it going?"

"Hey, Chloe. I haven't left yet, I have to get there by 4:00."

"Okay, You are almost ready right?" I could hear some disappointment in her voice. I laughed and hit speaker phone.

"Nah, almost though."

She said okay and hung up, expecting me to call as soon as I got home. I slipped my new sweater and a pair of skinny jeans on with a pair of converse. Checking the time I saw I had about ten minutes to get there. Great...

Snatching the my skateboard off the porch, I skated all the way to the bus station and took the bus to McDonald's. When I got there, Joey was waiting for me. He smiled as he saw me walking in through the doors, there wasn't many people here today, only maybe two or three others, and most were parents with little kids.

"Hey." He said. I held back a nervous giggle.

"Hi, what's up?"

"The ceiling..." I Laughed even though I didn't think it was too funny, Chloe had tried that one on me before, but somehow, Joey made it funny.

I ordered a Big Mac and a hot fudge Sundae with a Pepsi. Joey ordered a Mountain Dew and some fries with a Big Mac of his own.

He started devouring his food as soon as we sat down, and I just stared at mine for a minute, debating whether to tackle the sundae or the sandwich first.
He pointed at my sundae,

"That first, it melts. You can reheat the sandwich."

I nodded, it's like he can read my mind.

About an hour later after another Sundae and a refill of our sodas we headed outside. He pulled his phone out and hit the speed dial.

"Yo."

"Hey Dad, we're ready to go."

"Mmmkay...Be there in a few."


I blinked twice, Billie Joe coming to pick us up? It felt like a dream, but the cold outside felt so real as it pricked my nose like tiny ice needles, I knew I was awake.

In a few minutes, a black Mustang pulled up, the window rolled down and Billie Joe peeked out.

"Hey! Oh, Hi Andi." He said, shoving the door open for us to climb in.
"Hi Billie J." I greeted sliding in behind Joey. It felt as if I'd known them both for longer than I had, the way Billie just said hi as if this was normal routine.

It felt like the twenty minute ride was shorter than it was, we just drove, and I threw some of my own questions in between his. He wanted to know my favorite band, where I was born and how long I'd been here, my favorite color. I answered them all, easily.

Soon, we were at their house, and it was awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe Imma sleepy-tired, I'm going to go eat some Pie and then go to sleep. Enjoy.