Strength of the World

Chapter 16

"I wanted to tell you something." Brian told me.
"What's that Brian?"
"Katie, this isn't something that normal guys say so soon, but I do really love you. You're everything to me. Sometimes I think that if you honestly died that night, I'd WANT someone to kill me."
I started crying, he just couldn't let it go. Not that I'm sick of hearing it, it's just that he seems so depressed about it.
"I love you too baby, and I'm glad you're still here, and that I'm here with you."
He wiped the tear from my eye. He missed the turn to the movies.
"Brian, you just missed the turn."
"No I didn't," He nodded, grinning.
He was up to something. Knowing him, it was something he's been wanting to do for sometime. We pulled up to a park. It was beautiful, just a nice park with a lake beside it. What was this?
"Brian?" I questioned.
"I told you I wanted to take you out to dinner sometime. This was something I had planned for a while. I know it's corny, but I hate restaurants." He stated.
I just nodded my head, I wasn't really that hungry.
"You're not up to eating are you?" He knew me so well and I just nodded again.
"Good, because I didn't bring any food." We both chuckled, he knew I wasn't going to be hungry.
"What's bothering you Katie?" I always hated that dreaded question. I knew he'd get it out of me so I figured I mine as well just tell him.
"I just keep thinking about you guys leaving on tour, one month isn't a long time to spend with you." I felt those warm tears welling up, but I didn't want them showing.
"I know, I don't feel up to leaving you by yourself, I just wanna stay with you...here. But, we'll only be gone for up to two months, that's not too bad."
"I know," I said in a low whisper.
"Hey hey, don't worry, I'll be home before you know it." He said pulling me into a tight embrace. I did it. I broke down like the wuss I am. He couldn't say anything to help me. I couldn't go on tour with them and niether could the other girls. We were all devastated about that but we'd keep ourselves occupied with something. He just kept comforting me until I stopped crying.
"Brian, will you cheer me up? I want us to be happy while you're still here."
"So do I, love. And yes, I'd love to. And I know just the way to do it." He picked me up bridal style and I thought he was going to do something romantic. Of course, I was wrong. Next thing I knew, I was soaked! He actually threw me in that damn lake!...and I was in my good outfit. Damn him.
"BRIAN! It's fucking cold in here! You're not supposed to do that!" I screeched.
"Uh huh, I can do what I want, when I want."
"Oh really? Well so can I." I ran up to him and pulled him by the arm. He tried to resist, but he couldn't keep a firm hold of the ground below him and ended up plunging in. I waited for him to come up from underneath the water. I waited...and waited...and waited. He wasn't coming up, and I was getting freaked. I frantically looked around trying to find him, but didn't succeed. Then, I felt myself being hoisted into the air, out of the water. He was under me that whole time. I just laughed to myself as I fell backwards and took him with me by the legs. A few more hours were spent splashing around and getting into water fights. We ended with the traditional game of Marco Polo.
-----------------------------------
We arrived back at the house only to see 4 guys shit-faced from their party with their heads on each of their girlfriend's laps.
"Are you guys shit-faced too?" I asked them.
"No, Jen's a little buzzed, but as for the rest of us...no. Well, besides the guys." Kameron chuckled.
"Awe, they're all so cute when their mouths are wide open and they're practically dead." I stated.
"So how was your night?" Bridgette asked me.
"Oh, well...it was...interesting."
"What's that mean? You guys are both soaked like dogs!" Nic laughed.
"Yeah well, Brian decided he wanted to go for a swim in the freezing cold lake."
Jen laughed hysterically. I seriously think she's shit-faced...not buzzed. I just laughed.
"Let's go to our room." Brian said. He grabbed me by the hand and took me upstairs with him. I sat on the bed as Brian locked the door behind him. He turned around quickly and stared at me, like he had something planned. He squinted one eye and went around the corner of the bathroom, like a spy.
"Brian, what the hell are you doing?" I smiled.
"The name's not Brian, it's Syn, the spy!" He loudly whispered. I think he wanted me to call him by that for now.
"Well, Syn the spy, what the hell are you doing?" By that time, he had snuck around behind the wall across the room, closer to me. I stood up and started walking towards him when he shot out from his 'hiding spot' and tackled me to the bed.
"I have caught you dead in your tracks and you are now my prisoner. I have completed only HALF of my mission, and I must finish the rest."
"And what in the small world of Syn would that be?"
"Hey, it ain't that small baby." He grinned.
"Psh, whatever you say love."
He climbed on top of me and stared at me.
"What, you don't think so? I could conquer you and your evil doings."
"I don't think you'd want to conquer my evil doings, because I know you like them." I said slyly.
"Oooo good one." He leaned down and stopped right at me lips and stared at me. He was quite the tease.
"Brian, I mean, Syn. You know I don't like it when you tease."
"Yes, but tonight, I am Syn. Here to bring evil and persue my wildest thoughts." I rolled my eyes.
"Oh please Syn, what are your intentions?"
"That's for me to know, and you to...uh...?"
"Find out?" I finished.
"No no, that's not it...uh...for you to?"
"Brian, that's it...for me to find out."
"For you to find out what?" He asked dumbly.
"Nevermind." I giggled. He was so cute when he was dumb. I thought Zacky was always the dumbest one.
Brian carressed my stomach and it tickled a bit. Knowing that it tickled, he kept teasing me, still inches away from my lips.
"Damn you, kiss me already."
"I don't want to, I want to tease you because you always tease me."
I knew he was too caught up in what he was doing, so I took advantage of the moment. I pushed him off me and I was now the one on top of him.
"How do you like that Mr. Haner?"
"Well, if you can keep me like this, I'd enjoy it. But the mighty Syn just so happens to be more powerful than you!" He tried to flip me back over, but I had his arms pinned to the bed on each side of his head. (Ha, I rhymed. Kay sorry, I'm dumb.)
"Hmm...seems to me you can't escape from my evil lair Syn."
"I guess not, my powers don't kick in until I get excited."
"EW! Brian, you think I'm going to have sex with you!?"
"No, I just get excited easily. Even when you do the smallest things."
I kissed his neck a few times to test it out.
"How about that?" I asked.
"Yeah that does it, but only when it goes on continuously."
Wow, he was too obvious. He was trying to hint it to me that he wants to make out. But he's afraid to just say it. Psh...that's Syn.
"Syn, if you want to make out, just say so."
"Gasp! Whatever made you think of that!?" He said like he didn't know what I was talking about.
"I'm not that stupid. I know you, and I know what you want."
"Well if you do, what are you sitting on top of me for and talking to me when you could be making out with one of the best kissers around?" He was self-centered sometimes, but he wasn't trying to be. I leaned in slowly and just barely touched my lips to his. He started breathing heavily, wow, he is really easy. I smiled. I gave him a light, passion filled kiss on the lips with no tongue and tried to back away only to have his hands grab me by the neck for more. I loved when he was like this. All he wanted was kisses, he never rushed into sex. We kissed for a good five minuted until he just couldn't take it anymore. He ran his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for an entrance. I've waited for this to happen for too long to hesitate. I opened my mouth and his tongue traced mine as he ran his hand through my hair. About twenty minutes later, we were a little tired and noticed we were still wet from the lake. We got dressed in our pajamas and Brian went to unlock the door. I was already under the covers halfway asleep but I could feel his smile. He crawled into bed with me and wrapped his safe arms around my waist and rested his head in the crook of my neck. He was so warm, I was in sheer bliss. We layed like that as Brian quietly hummed me to sleep.