Strength of the World

Chapter 27

I woke up the next morning literally shivering. I didn't know why, I was covered up. Scared at the thought, I slowly opened my eyes to see Brian hovering over my stomach. He didn't notice me wake up. I knew why I was shivering now. He was making circles around my stomach slowly.
"Brian, baby what are you doing?"
"Oh, morning babe. I don't know, just rubbing your belly." He went back to doing so with his head tilted, almost as if he was possessed. He was just staring at my stomach as he circled it.
"Is something bugging you?"
"No, I wouldn't say 'bugging me'. I guess I just want to talk to you about something." He stated, not even looking at me. I don't think I've ever been this worried by his face and the all-of-a-sudden monotone voice before.
"Alright, I'm listening." I propped myself up and sat there in front of him, stopping him from all distractions. He just looked at me and shook off his blank face...and smiled.
"Remember last night?" He asked. Well..hmm..I wonder. DUH!
"Of course I do." I laughed a little.
"Well, I was just thinking about the whole 'condom thing'. I looked at your disappointed face, and felt eager to ask you something."
"I know, I was disppointed. You never asked me if we needed a condom. That leaves me to wanting to ask you a question as well."
"You go first." He stated quickly, a little more excited.
"I guess I was just wondering WHY you asked. I have a feeling I know. But I don't want to sound lame. And if my feeling is right, I'm going to feel terrible." I looked down, knowing why he asked for the condom.
"Babe," He lifted my head up by my chin and smiled softly. "I don't want you to feel terrible. I know that you know why I asked. But I wanted to talk to you about this. It never hit me until a few weeks ago. I want to have children." I was taken back, even though I knew he'd say that. I just didn't know he'd be ready before me. Don't get me wrong, I'm extatic that he wants children now, because I do too. It just shocks me coming from him first. I couldn't show emotion.
"You don't want children yet...do you?" He questioned bowing his head, leaving me feeling guilty.
"No Brian, that's not it. I'm just surprised to hear that coming from you, before me." I smiled at him so he'd know I was happy. He lifted his head.
"Really? You want kids too!?" He was like a two year old that just got a lollipop. I giggled.
"Yes Brian. I do...just not at this very moment. I want to wait until we get back home." He understood with a nod, but then his smile faded.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't want you to be angry with me Katie, but the guys and I all got signed to a record deal. They want us to come in after our vacation and start recording..maybe touring." Okay, my heart just had its own heart attack.
"Do the other girls know?"
"Yeah, they knew before we got here. I just didn't have the guts to tell you. I know you're angry with me but-" I hugged him slowly as a tear escaped his eye.
"No Brian, I'm not angry, nor upset. Just a little saddenned because I know I'm going to miss you. But we have this vacation left, and we'll use it for the best." He tightened his grip on my sides and pulled away from the hug.
"I love you Katie, you don't even know how much this means to me. You and the other girls understand so well. It's unbelievable, we're so greatful."
"Well, works out for both our benefits. We're not one to keep you guys away from your dreams." He kissed me on the nose and smiled devilishly.
"Oh what's on your mind now Mr. Haner?"
"Nothing..just wanted to look at you a tad bit differently."
"Right. I'm gonna go take a shower. Are you gonna join me?"
"Can we be naughty?" I shook my head. "I'm just joking love. No, I'm gonna call up the crew and if they're all up to it, we can all chill. I'd love to go down to the beach."
"That's a great idea babe." I replied as I rummaged through my clothes. He was talking to Johnny on the phone when I jumped in the shower. After doing all my business, I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom to Brian on the bed.
"Bad news Katie." Was all he had to say.
"What is it Brian?" I sat down next to him. He pulled me onto his lap.
"God, you're so gorgeous. I hate doing this."
"What Brian, you're fucking scaring me. What's going on?" He sighed.
"Our flight leaves tomorrow."
"What the hell are you talking about? We've been here not even a day, and we're supposed to leave tomorrow? We're not supposed to leave for like a week. What the hell?"
"Calm down babe. There's been a misunderstanding and there' some gay ass business thing goin on here. They need the hotel. We have to leave, or they'll come and get us themselves. Johnny heard it from Matt."
"Well they can drag me off of this island. I don't give a shit, I'm not leaving. I don't want to go back the city."
"Babe, stop being difficult. We're all pissed. Especially Matt. He was right in the middle of something when he got the call. If you know what I mean."
"I know. This just isn't fair."
"Katie, I know how stressed you are. I don't blame you for not wanting to go home. But, we get almost all of our money back, we can go on another trip." I shook my head.
"No, let's just stay here for the remainder of our 'quality time' and then go home." Brian rubbed his face in frustration.
"They all wanted to hang at the beach for the last night. You up for it?" He kissed my neck. I just nodded.
"But I just got out of the shower." I groaned and got up, searching for my swimsuit. Brian started to find his trunks. We headed out the door to meet up with the gang down at the beach. Brian tapped my ass as we entered the elevator. I gave him a death glare, then started to laugh.
"You're too cute." I stood on my tip-toes and kissed his nose. I looked back at him and saw that blushing grin he was wearing. How adorable.
"KATIE!" All the girls yelped together.
"WHOO! It's my pussycats!" We all laughed.
"Man, I'm pissed about this whole thing Katie. This is all bullshit. Kicking us out for that damn business thing." Nic said seriously. The other girls nodded in anger with her.
"I know, but we'll enjoy this last night. We'll all have a small party and leave this place fuckin trashed, curteousy of us." I assured them all.
"What's this I hear about trashing?" Johnny wondered.
"Johnny Cracker!" I screamed jumping into his arms.
"Hey Kters. You know I hate when you call me that." Johnny laughed.
"You still love me." He nodded and hugged me, then grabbed Kameron and drug her to the water. Of course, she put up a fight, but didn't win. Johnny swung her over his shoulder and into the ocean. Laughter came from everyone. Bridgette ran for Jimmy.
"Jimmy! RUN FOR YOUR EXISTENCE!" I screamed. He looked at me and started to run towards me smiling until he saw Bridgette running faster towards him. He took off with a little girly scream. He was just messing around though, he didn't really scream like a girl. They tackled each other in the water. I loved how we were all having fun. Funny thing, nobody else from the hotel was around. Did they set this up?
"MATT! Get over here." He obeyed.
"What did I do now? Take it easy, I'm your big brother."
"No. Jimmy is. But you're close enough. That's besides the point. Where's everyone else from the hotel? We weren't the only ones that checked in you know."
"Yeah about that. I had the manager reserve this part of the ocean just for us. We were being kicked out. What else was I supposed to do?"
"Oh don't worry, we're all trashing this place after the short party we're gonna have." I winked at him.
"Riight. Hehe." He smirked.
"I know the manager wouldn't just let you have this reserved. What did you do?"
"Threatened him of course."
"MATT! Oh nevermind." I laughed.
"What's my bestest friend doing over here chattin with big ol' Matt when she should be in the water!?" Zacky came over and asked. I hugged him with a smile. I loved this kid. Matt and Jen walked off chatting and playfully pushing each other around until they reached the water.
"How are you doing?" I asked Zacky.
"I'm alright. I was going to swim with Nic but she's hanging with the guys."
"Uh yeah, how else is she gonna swim, I mean, we kinda came with all of you." I smiled.
"I know that, you know what I mean Katie." He smiled back. I just kept smiling.
"Well, I guess I'm gonna go swim. You coming in with me?" I shook my head.
"No, I'm gonna go find Brian." I kissed him on the cheek and started to walk away.
"Oh no you don't. You don't get off that easy with me little missy." He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, carrying me to the ocean.
"NO ZACKY! Ah, I don't wanna go in!" I screamed, squirming to get out of his hold. Too late. Next thing I knew, I was all wet. I came up from underneath the water and saw Zacky laughing at me. I was hesitant, but he deserved this. I jumped up onto him and dunked him under water. He came up after a while.
"HEY! That wasn't nice!"
"Oh, and dragging me against my will in here was?" I asked. He groaned.
"Loves, there's one way to settle this." Jimmy announced. I love my brother, I know exactly what he's thinking. We looked at each other.
"CHICKEN FIGHT!" We yelled together. Everyone hated that game, but at the same time we loved it.
"I call Katie Matey!" Zacky said as he swam behind me and wrapped his arms around my neck. He kissed my cheek.
"Zacky, I wanted to be on your team." Nic whined. "And you haven't given me kissies all day." That made me wonder. Was something wrong with him?
"Oh babe, it's just a game. You know you're always my first choice in anything else." He said. Yup, something's wrong with him today. She just gave him a sad look and turned around. As all the other couples were paired together, I spoke up.
"Actually Zacky, I'm not really in the mood to play. Nic, come over here and get your man. I'm gonna go get mine." I winked to her and she smiled swimming towards us.
"Thanks." I unravelled myself from Zacky's hold and swam towards shore. I could feel him stare at me, giving me that pissed off look. Whatever. As the others played the game, I went to search for Brian. Oddly enough, I couldn't find him. How could this be so hard when nobody else is on this beach besides all of us?