Strength of the World

Chapter 34

I awoke the next morning with Brian once again, flooding my mind completely. Finishing my shower and putting on my sweat clothes for the day without wearing make-up was gonna be relaxing. I could lounge around until 9:00 tonight. The girls emailed me this morning and said they wouldn't be back until around 1 in the morning or so, and they had a surprise for me that I needed to stay up for. What was I gonna do until 9:00 now? You know how it is...when you're excited for something, it takes forever to happen. I told myself I'd clean the house and get ready for Brian to come home. The time slowly passed, but sure enough, it was already 8:00 when I was completely finished cleaning. I couldn't figure out why the phone hasn't rang yet. So instead, I figured I'd give Brian a call. I finally remembered why the girls had a surprise for me. Today was me and Brian's 21st birthday. I couldn't believe I forgot. It's weird. I never forget our anniversaries or anything. Hmm. I guess I just don't give much of a damn about turning another year older. I mean, who wants to celebrate growing old anyway? Heh. But it IS our 21st. That's always the best. I picked the phone up off the reciever, only to find out my phone was out of service. Did I forget to pay the bill? Probably. Oh well. I'm out of cash until Brian get's home. Hehe...which isn't too far away. An hour. My last hope? My beloved cellphone. I went upstairs to my nightstand and tried turning my cell on. What the hell? It's disconnected. I sure as hell didn't forget to pay that bill. I never use it! Ugh. Bullshit. I swear, those fucking business people are out to get me. They want all the money...that I don't fucking have. This is strange, but whatever. Brian's home in an hour anyway and a nap seemed really appealing right about now. Why not just sleep the hour away? It's pass by a lot faster. I slipped myself into the red lingerie I bought at Victoria's and flushed all my make-up onto my face in the bathroom. Then I put my hair up so it looked sloppy, but still sexy. Satisfied, I crawled into bed and fell into a warm slumber.

I woke up to warm breathing on my neck and I grinned to myself, keeping my eyes closed. I was laying on my side and his hot trail of kisses invaded my neck and jawline as his left hand traveled my legs and thighs. I imagine he was holding himself up by his right arm.
"You're so beautiful Katie." He whispered. My eyes shot open in pure fright.

That was NOT Brian's voice.

I attempted to shoot up, but his hand gripped around my neck. I flopped onto my back and he straddled over me and replaced his hand with a knife now to my throat. I was shivering uncontrollably. I was helpless. My worst nightmare was right before my eyes.

Matt's dad.

He lowered himself to my ear and whispered.
"I'm back, and I've got you now. Nobody's gonna hurt you anymore." I felt tears sting at my eyes. I thought about screaming, but I knew nobody would hear me. Useless. Matt's dad slowly admired my body which was only covered in lingerie.
"I've been waiting for this day for years. I've been watching you Katie. The black petal flowers on your anniversary, the exchange of promise rings-all of it. You and Brian are so sweet together. It'd be a shame to lose him. I think you and I would make the perfect couple though. Oh I planned this out perfectly Katie. Yeah, I sent you the flowers, I had this all worked out so we could be alone." I tried to squirm from his grip, but he threatened me more with the knife now pressing closer to my neck.
"Brian's a lucky man. You're so sexy Katie. And don't act like you can't flaunt it. God, Brian doesn't deserve you. I know how to treat a woman." I was disgusted. Fucking sick bastard. I squeezed my eyes tightly together, hoping when I opened them he'd vanish. I could only whimper in fright that if I made one more move, my throat would be slit. In an instant.
"I'm such a genious. Disconnecting the phones, slaughtering all those cops to get out of jail!" He raised his head and took a deep breath of his own glory. My hand slowly traveled to my throat, nearing the knife.
"Perfect." Matt's dad whispered to the ceiling. He looked down at me and his eyes grew furious, seeing my hand so close to the weapon. He furociously growled and held both of my wrists painfully above my head as I bawled helplessly. I'm terrified. Freedom of being 21 never felt so fucking miserable. 'Please just slit my throat and leave, be done with it. I love you Brian.' NO! My thoughts, they can't think of something so hideous. I heard Matt's dad sigh as he released the knife, laying it next to my pillow. His now free hand roamed carefully down my sides as if I were fragile. I could hear his breathing increase as his hand just barely covered my lower half. 'Dear God, how can this be happening to me? Matt doesn't deserve a father like this.' I thought as I watched him intently. This was it. I winced as Matt's father fell over and onto the floor, groaning in pain.

First defence.

A knee to the balls NEVER fails.

"Fucking bitch." I heard him groan. I quickly ran for the knife once I hit the door, remembering I shouldn't leave that lay around where he could reach it. I almost had my grasp on it when Matt's dad reached over and grabbed hold of my ankle and whipped me down on the floor. He crawled on top of me with pain in his face.
"You want to be for that don't you? I knew you'd like it rough." For some reason, I coughed up blood. Maybe it was from his firm grasp on my throat before, all I could do was cry. His hands roamed my body again, unlacing my top piece to my outfit. This time he didn't have my hands held down, so I thought as fast as I could. I knew panicing at this point wasn't going to help me at all. I had to be smart about this. I know Matt's dad is totally alert on my knees. The next best thing. I decided I'd slyly play along to get my plan to work just right. As disgusted as I was with myself, I moaned slightly. He thought I meant it and grinned that horrible grin, slowing down his progress. Exactly what I wanted. He needed to slow down. I don't need to be exposed in front of...him. I was sickened already.
"You like that hu?" He breathed into my ear. Oh god help me. Brian, forgive me for what I'm going to proceed to do. It's for my life, and Brian's. I slid my arms up his chest slowly, playing the worst smile on my face. He breathed in deeply, taking in my touch. I ran my hands behind his head, tangling my fingers in his hair. I did this for a little bit as I felt his arms becoming weak at my touch. Now's my chance. I fucking GOUGED my thumbs into his eyes as hard as I could and pushed them in with the best force I could. He yelped and screamed in pain, once again rolling on the floor. I got up as fast as I could and snatched the knife, attempting to reach the door. I was almost there when I felt myself meet with the floor. The bastard tripped me. I was almost there!
"You're not getting away with this Katie. I know how badly you desire to have me." I nearly gagged as he faced me with bleeding eyes. Damn, I'm pretty good at this shit. I started to gasp for air, I was beginning to panic more. I stood up and got the door open, but he pinned me to the wall beside it. My arms above my head, the knife in my hands.
"You won't be needing this." He took the knife from my hand with ease and lifted my chin with the tip of the blade. Slowly he ran the blade down my arms, my skin was tingling. He cut the laces of my top off and nearly exposed my chest. I felt him mumble something to himself as the blade continued to run down my body. It ran down my thighs as far as it could. I closed my eyes tightly, begging for Brian to walk through that door. My eyes shot open when I felt the blade trailing up the inside of my thighs. I wimpered and he glared at me, I swear I could see his mouth watering.
"That's it. No screaming, I knew you wanted this all along." I had it with this fucking perverted psycho. My eyes grew furious and I wanted to fucking steal his soul and shove it up his ass. With the loudest growl I could produce, I shoved him far enough away from me that he was clearly startled.
"You fucking bastard. I'm not taking this shit from you fucking asshole." I felt bad for what I was about to do, but I had no choice. I opened the nightstand as fast as I could, and grabbed Brian's pistol he kept away. Matt's dad had no idea what I was up to. He came up from his slouched position, clearly pissed off. He was right where I wanted him. He stood right in front of my open window, positioned perfecty. He looked intently at my fun as he held the knife, about to strike me with it.
"What're you gonna do Katie? You wouldn't kill me, you can't kill me. You can't get rid of me. Look how many times you've tried." he was right, but not this time. I was about to steal the fucker's soul for good this time. I pointed the gun right at his head. In fear, he coulnd't bring the knife to me and slash me. He froze, and looked at me in sorrow.
"Go to hell bastard." With that, the trigger was ignited and I blew him out the fucking window. Overlooking his dead body on the ground below me, I started to breathe desperately for air as I immediately broke down crying. He's. Dead. What the fuck am I going to tell Brian? I just nearly got raped! Holy shit...Matt. How in the hell am I going to explain this all to him? What am I going to tell him? I just fucking murdered his father! Oh my god.