Strength of the World

Chapter 35

I woke up screaming in a panic of sweat, still in my pajamas. And his arm draped across my waist. Was this what I think it was?
"Holy fuck Katie, calm the shit down!" He screeched. My god. My only reaction? I swung my arm hard, sending him to the ground.
"Damnit, I knew you had a nice right arm, but holy hell." It was Jimmy.
"Oh my god Jimmy, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to knock you over." I whispered in shock. It was all a nightmare.
"Are you alright? You woke up screaming."
"Yeah, super bad nightmare. I killed Matt's dad after he nearly raped me."
"Um...that is a nightmare. He's in prison Katie, you know that."
"It was so awful." And I broke down crying. He jumped up and cradled me in his arms, much like he was doing this morning.
"I love you Katie, and I hate seeing you scared. Please stop crying." My brother was always the sweetest to me. Seeing we lost our parents like we did.
"I love you too Jimmy." I mumbled as my sobbing subsided. "Why are you guys home so early? You were supposed to be gone for anther 2 days." Maybe that wasn't a nightmare.
"I know, but we wanted to come home and all of us celebrate your's and Brian's 21st birthday. We wouldn't miss it today. No way. Brian was begging to get home faster, he can't be apart from you Katie. You have our boy whipped."
"My ass I do, he chooses to be that way." I smile. "Are the girls still on their vacation?"
"What vacation? They've always been here. They never left. They said they thought you were sick because you slept all day...so they left you be." Okay, now I know it was all a nightmare. "Happy Birthday." Jimmy finished.
"Thank you." I kissed him on the cheek.
"I'm gonna go downstairs, are you coming?"
"No, I'm gonna take a shower and get ready. I have plans for our birthday." I smiled, getting my clothes from the dresser.
"Alright, you better hurry though. Brian's getting restless downstairs. I told him when we got here that I wanted to lay with you. You're my baby sister, and we're never with each other. So he was upset he couldn't cradle you." I laughed.
"I'll go as fast as I can. Tell him I love him, and don't mention the dream. I don't wanna hear anymore about it." I sighed. He nodded and left the room so I could get ready.

I was done showering, and I got my clothes all set, and my make-up put on the way I like it. Butterflies were swarming in my stomach. That dream really got to me, but it'll pass. I was also exremely excited to see Brian, along with the rest of the boys. It was like Brian and I's first date all over. The feeling is intense, I missed it. I missed him. I walked down the hall and stopped about 2 feet from the guest bedroom. I rolled my eyes.
"Nice try, Zacky." I stated and slammed the door in his face.
"OWW! How do you always know when I'm gonna scare you?"
"You make way too much noise." He looked dumbfounded.
"As far as I know, I wasn't making any." He mumbled a little freaked out. "I MISSED YOU!" He yelped and jumped onto my back.
"Shit Zacky." I laughed as we fell to the floor as he planted kisses on my temple.
"What the fuck's going on up there?!" Matt screamed. What the hell? This is my house, Brian and I's house. Why is he yelling? He shouldn't give two shits.
"Nothing, I'm just clumsy." Zacky yelled to him. He didn't want to give it away that I was coming downstairs.
"Thanks. Now get off me."
"But I love you." Zacky joked.
"I love you too, in a brotherly way." He smiled.
"Good enough for me." We walked downstairs and Johnny was first to notice. He got on his hands and knees dramatically in front of me, as I stood on the bottom step of the stairs.
"I have a thing for you Katie. I couldn't take it anymore! I have feelings for you, I love you!" He screamed holding onto my legs. I rolled my eyes.
"Sure you do Johnny, considering your girlfriend's right there on the couch, trying to hold in her laughter. Indicating that this was a set-up, and it gave you away."
"Damnit." He mumbled and laughed.
"But I love you too, in a brotherly way."
"Hey! I thought that was me?" Zacky whined.
"It's all of you, but Brian." I smiled, he still hasn't noticed me. He's zoned in on the television. What a loser. My loser.
"But Katie! I really do have feelings for you, I love you!" Jimmy yelped, following Johnny's actions after Johnny sat next to Kameron.
"I know you do Jimmy. You're supposed to, you're my brother. My pure flesh and blood. And I really do love you as a brother. Ha." I laughed. "Now can I please get off the bottom step?" I asked. He smiled and moved. Matt quickly embraced me in a hug.
"I missed you fuckface."
"I missed you too cunt." We laughed. "Where's m'girls?" They all looked at me and scrambled to me.
"Oh shit, stampede!" I yelled as they formed a dog pile on me. Thank God the boys didn't come along. I can actaully breathe when it's just the girls.
"We thought you were dead!" Jen stated.
"Now, we just thought you were sick." Nic added.
"Well, we actually thought both." Kam and Bridgette laughed.
"Alright alright, I'm lovin' all this lovin' I'm getting. Because I love you all. But I have yet to get Brian to even notice me." The girls nodded and let me up from the floor.
"Ah, it's good to be ressurrected." I joked. I walked over to Brian and faced him, seeing him sound asleep with the remote set lazily in his hand. I grinned at how cute he looked. Gently I straddled his lap and kissed along his jaw line. I saw him grin. That sly motherfucker. I was pinned to the couch, crying for help as Brian tickled me and drenched me in kisses.
"Oh my god! Brian I'll murder you for fake sleeping again. I fall for it every time!" I laughed.
"I love you, I love you, I love you," He repeated in between kisses. I gasped for breath.
"Brian...stop." He looked at me with concern.
"Oh, I'm sorry love." He stopped tickling me and I breathed.
"Aren't you people a bunch of lovers." I smiled, embracing Brian with everything I had. I wouldn't let go of him after that nightmare.
"Babe, not so tight." He tried to pry my hands loose, I guess I was squeezing too tight.
"Babe, oxygen would be nice." He choked out. The word 'babe' rolled off his tongue and that broke my trance. He was the only one that called me that, and it soothed me.
"Baby, what was that all about?" He looked at me petrified.
"Nothing. Happy birthday." I put on my fake smile.
"Happy birthday to you too. I know you have something planned for later today. I need to talk to you upstairs." I nodded as he laced my fingers with his. He looked at everyone signalling them to leave.
"We'll call you guys later. We need some time alone, then we'll call you when we leave to do whatever it is Katie has planned." Everyone filed out the door hand-in-hand with their couples.

"Katie, what's going on?" He asked once he turned around after locking the door behind him. I just stared at him from the bed.
"Nothing." I whispered. He walked over to me and looked me in the eye.
"I know you well enough to know that when you have that distant look in your eyes, something's bothering you." I broke down right there, as he pulled me into his chest, running his hands through my hair.
"It was awful Brian." I sobbed out.
"What was? What happened? Who hurt you?" He was scared, looking at me while he held my shoulders. I shook my head fiercly.
"The nightmare Brian. I-I was set-up, and Matt's dad came after me. He almost raped me, and I shot him in the head. It was horrifying." I cried. Brian looked somewhat relieved and went back to holding me, shushing and cooing me.
"It's alright baby, I got you. It was only a nightmare. That fucker's in prison." I nodded and he held me closely. I fell asleep against his chest.

::Brian's POV::
She fell asleep against my chest and I laid her down next to me on the bed. Her back facing my stomach as I caressed her soft hair, kissing her cheek ocassionally. I couldn't help but watch her. I missed her every minute I wasn't with her to breathe her in. I couldn't handle being away from her. I knew she was the one I wanted. I want to marry her. But it's too soon. I knwo that. We have promise rings. Now the next step it to wait till we get engaged. I know she also has something planned for tonight. It's our birthday. This time I didn't want her to be upset, so I let her plan whatever she wanted. I still got her gift though. Whatever she had planned would be worth it. We won't be minors and we can drink all we want. This is what we've both been dying for. But I'd trade in alcohol or anything that meant value to me, just to be with her for the rest of my being. She's flawless, and I feel as if she suffocates me when she cries. I can't stand to see her in pain. I ran my hands up and down her sides, when I saw her eyes flickering. She turned around and smiled at me. I lipped an 'I love you' to her as she did the same, pecking me on the lips. See? I could live like this forever, without a complaint or a care in the world. She cuddled into my chest.
"Are you going back to sleep?" I whispered. I felt her shake her head and looked down at her. She looked up at me with those eyes, those eyes that make me melt. I smiled heartfully at her as she did the same. She lifted herself up to my eye level and kissed him on the nose. I looked at her with all seriousness and placed my hand on her cheek. Slowly I leaned in and pecked her lips. I wanted her to know how passionate I was for her. That this was no joke. No games, no bets. Pure love. I looked at her eyes and back to her lips, kissing her a little longer this time. I pulled away once more.
"Brian?" She whispered.
"I love you Katie...I love you." I mumbled against her lips.
"I love you too, baby." I pressed my lips gently to hers once again, keeping our lips locked together for the most passionate kiss we've ever shared, and I know we both felt it. She was probably scared at the way I looked at her, serious like that. But I'm no joke. I'd kill any man that took her from me. I grazed my tongue across her bottom lip, begging for acceptance. She wouldn't let me in. She pulled away. Oh no. Katie just looked at me. Sincerity in her eyes.
"What is it?" I asked. She looked down, closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"I-I. I know this is the right time to ask. In all honesty, were you faithful on tour?" I looked at her in amazement.
"Yes." I said in all seriousness. I didn't cheat on her on tour. I've never cheated on her before, nor do I plan to. Even the guys know it. I wouldn't go out with them to drink, or anything. And I know Katie knows I'm telling the truth. I'm never THIS serious with her unless it comes to this kind of thing. I love her for Christ's sake.
"Brian, I want to be with you forever." She confessed. I couldn't be any happier than I am right now. I thought what she was going to say would break my heart, from the look on her face.
"I want to be with you forever too." I smiled, getting the same reaction from her.
"We're not proposing are we?" She asked me. I laughed.
"As much as I'd love to, no we're not. It's too soon, and I want the moment to be JUST right." I explained. "I hope you're not upset."
"No, I felt the same way. And I know you didnt' cheat on me."
"I know that. And I promise you right now, Katie. I will make you my wife." She nodded and smiled, leaning back into me.
"Now you can continue where you left off." She mumbled into my lips. I slipped my hand behind her neck, and pressed our lips together, pushing my tongue into her mouth. Katie moaned into our passionate make-out session, and I hovered over her, her back pressed into the bed. Her hands ran up and down my back, massaging my tense muscles. I sent out a loud moan. God, I missed her.