Strength of the World

Chapter 8

Once we got to Matt's place, he told us about the concert. It sounded pretty cool, it was a close local show..nothing big. I just wasn't planning on going. I wanted to sit around with Brian. I don't know if he wanted to go...I wasn't going to ask either.
"Well, are all you guys getting ready to go or what?"
Everyone looked at each other.
"Are we going to still have that party tomorrow Matt?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I'm thinking we should have it at my place. My parents are gone all weekend." He winked towards Jen.
"That's perfect. Who's all invited anyway?" Brian asked confused.
"Uh, I'm thinkin just our closest friends. Of course out enemies, the preps, won't step foot in my house...or they die."
"I vote they step in your house." I joked.
Everyone laughed at my comment.
"What, I was only kidding." I smiled.
We all went inside and got ready for the concert. All the girls had enough time to take 15 minute showers and the guys, well, they're guys. Ha...
"You don't look so excited to go Katie."
"Niether do you Brian."
"Yeah I know, I'm not really up for it. I know all the guys want to and all...but I just wanna do my own thing. I hope you're not angry, but I was actually hoping you'd just chill with me. Watch a movie or something you know?"
"Brian, I thought you wanted to go!" I yelled, holding back a smile.
He was shocked. "I uh..I'm sorry?"
I started cracking up. "I'm only kidding babe, I don't feel like going either." I whispered.
"Damn, we can't tell the guys, they'll be upset."
I nodded.
"No we won't." They all said in unison as the grinned.
"Well, we have a couple spies over here eh?" I asked.
"No, we just heard you yell. Making sure you weren't in a fight already." Nic told us.
"Yeah, we understand if you want to spend time alone. Looked like you two were having a good time at the park." Zacky winked.
"Up until we showed up." Jen smiled.
"Let's go guys, we don't want to miss the show." Bridgette yelled.
"You're sure you don't mind us not tagging along?" Brian asked.
"Don't worry, we won't miss you." Johnny said smartly.
We both rolled our eyes and smiled.
"Everybody, ride your men!" Kameron laughed.
All the guys ran with their girlfriends right behind them. I laughed loudly as we heard the front door shut and yelling outside. I got up and looked out the window only to see the car drive away. How in the hell did they fit everyone in one car? I spose they sat on each other's laps...the club wasn't too far away. I felt warm hands on my thighs and Brian's breath behind my neck.
"So what do you wanna do?" He asked me in a whisper that I could hardly hear. I turned around.
"I don't know. You always ask me that. Why don't you think of something." I smirked.
"Hmm...I don't know. You want me to decide huh? You think that's safe?" He said putting his hands on my waist.
"Sure thing, maybe we should-" He cut me off with his soft, soothing lips. I moaned slightly. He could tell I liked how controlling he was. I pulled away.
"Now Mister Gates, don't you try pulling anything. You don't even know me, remember?"
"Oh I know you my love. I know you well...I have my own personal stalker. His name's Jimmy."
What a smart ass. But I loved him.
"I want to tell you something. I can't hold it in anymore. I wanted to take you out to dinner but I can't wait that long. I must tell you now." That right there worried me.
"Alright. Let's sit on the couch."
We walked over to the couch hand-in-hand and sat. He turned towards me and put his hands on my thighs.
"I understand if you don't feel this way Katie, but I do and I need to tell you while we're alone. With no interruptions."
I nodded in understandment.
He took a deep breath.
"Katie, I've known you for a while now and I've had a crush on you for quite some time. You're beautiful, loving, funny, and you ALWAYS make me smile. I can't be without you and I want you to be mine forever."
"Brian, you're not proposing are you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"No no," He said flusterred. "But I am trying to say that..uh..."

::Brian's POV::
She sat there, looking at me and waiting to hear what I had to say. Why couldn't I just say it? Was I scared that I'd lose her? Yes. Was I scared that she wouldn't feel the same? Yes. Did I feel like I was going to puke? Fuck yes. This makes me wonder how I'm going to feel if I ever propose to her! Which I hope to do someday. I love this girl...I just can't spit the damn words out. She put her hand on my cheek and carressed it.

::Normal::
"You can tell me anything Brian, I'm always here. You know that."
"Yeah I know, that's why...I...I love you Katie."
I was shocked, but in a good way of course. I've been waiting for this day for so long. Now I just had to work up the nerve to tell him I feel the same. I dropped my hand from his face and his hopeful look turned into a sad one.
"I understand if you completely hate me now. I thought this was too soon."
"No Brian, it's not. I could never hate you." I wiped the tear away from his eye.
"I love you too baby." I smiled.
"Holy fuck, you do!?"
I giggled. "Of course, I wanted to skip the concert to tell you. I just thought you wanted to go so I didn't say anything."
"Oh my god, this is like the best day ever! I love you and you love me back!" He jumped up and did a happy dance. I just stared at him happily.
"I'm cool, I'm cool." He replied embarrassed.
"Awe, I loved your dance, you're so loveable."
"Well my fair lady, can I have this dance?" He asked.
"Brian, we don't have any music."
"We can make our own, I know how to sing. Maybe not as good as Matt. But I do know how."
"In that case, you may. And you sing just as awesome as Matt does."
He smiled and I took his hand. He pulled my close and kissed me lightly on the lips. We danced as he sang softly in my ear. I could have fallen asleep he was so sweet. After he was done singing he asked if I was hungry. I told him I wasn't but I knew he was.
"I'll make you something if you'd like."
"No, you don't have to do that."
"Well I'm going to anyway. What would you like?" I asked.
"How about Mac 'n' Cheese!?" He said excitedly.
"Sure love, by the way, thanks for the dance." I winked.
I was in the process of making his supper when he came up behind me and started tickling me.
"Ouch damnit! Brian, look!" I yelled.
"I'm sorry baby, can I make it better."
"Hell yeah, you're the one that made me burn myself." I pouted.
He turned off the stove. I guess he wasn't so hungry after all..psh. Hehe...He took me over to the couch and laid me down.
"Doctor, what are you going to do?"
"Well Katie, I'm going to have to operate. This is a serious burn." He laughed.
"Hardy har har, you know I hate needles and such."
"Of course, I think it's cute when you're scared...because then I get to save you." He said seductivly.
"What exactly are your intentions Mister Haner?"
"Oh that's for me to know and you to find out." He whispered to me. He started to nibble on my neck a little making sure he didn't bite too hard...he ended up biting me a little too hard anyway and I screeched a bit.
"Im sorry.." He said and kissed the spot he bit too hard. He began to go lower towards my collar bone, just pecking angel kisses here and there. He made his way back up slowly and reached my lips. He stopped only a centimeter away and just stared into my eyes.
"I love you Katie."
"I love you too." I replied.
His lips reached mine and he slowly kissed me as I gladly returned it. He trailed my bottom lip with his moist tongue and I couldn't resist. He had me there, in control once again. His hands made their way slowly up my shirt, but he didn't go too far. He knew his boundaries. I wanted him so bad but we were both young, he was looking for a career with his band, and it was too soon. I hoped one day soon we'd be able to go farther though. He ran his hands up and down my stomach and I wanted to be in control. I flipped him over and straddled him. This time, I was doing the nibbling on his neck. I knew exactly what he liked so I made my way to his ear and nibbled it softly. I heard a slight moan deep inside his throat and I smiled to myself.
"Katie, you know that's not fair. I don't know any of your spots."
"Oh yes you do, I just don't tell you." I evily grinned.
I ran my hand through his hair as my other rubbed his chest. We had a heavy make-out session for at least 15 minutes when he decided he wanted to watch a movie before he got too excited. He knew not to get carried away. That made me feel safe and respected. Two things I don't usually feel. I got up and put in SLC Punk (one of my favorite movies..watch it!). I went to sit next to him when he pulled me on his lap.
"You sit right here lovely. That way I can stare at you."
I smiled and we laughed at Heroine Bob as he told the story of Sean on acid. He exaggerated the word 'fuck' in an awesome way. Ha..I ended up falling asleep halfway through the movie with my head on Brian's shoulder. I was happy I missed the ending, it's the worst part of the movie. Makes me cry everytime. The next thing I knew, Brian had kissed me on the forehead and lifted me up bridal style to lay me in Matt's spare bedroom. I felt the weight of the bed shift and Brian's strong arm wrap around me as if he was protecting me. I loved that feeling.
"I love you Katie."
I smiled and soon felt his heavy breathing on my neck. He was fast asleep. I felt secure for the first time in my life, and fell into a deep sleep that I needed very badly.