‹ Prequel: Friends With Benefits
Status: Sequel to Friends With Benefits.

Love-Fool

Say That You Need Me

Image

Love-Fool

Part 1

Say That You Need Me

Chapter 48

“Lets check into the hotel, then let’s go see the kids” Joe stated.

“Ok” Payton agreed, knowing she really didn’t have a choice anyway, he basically just kidnapped her.

They checked into the hotel Jonas clan always stays at then hit up a taxi to take them to Mari’s mother’s house.

****

“PAYTON” Sophia yelled, running down the stairs.

“Hey” she smiled at her.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Just coming to say hi” Payton smiled on.

“Did you and daddy bring me a little sister?”

Payton looked over at Joe with a look that said help me, so he stepped in. “No we didn’t, but thanks for saying hello to your daddy…”

“Sorry, daddy” she said, wrapping her little around his neck, he hugged her tightly as he lifted her off the ground to stand up.

“Where’s Mason?” he then asked.

“He’s taking a nap” Mari’s mother stated, with and annoyed look on her face.

“Well then, where’s Mari?” Joe asked. “I told her I was coming today.”
“She’s out for the night with her boyfriend.”

“Oh” Joe stated, this annoyed him. She won the kids and moved to New York to get a boyfriend and dump the kids off on her mother. Just then they hard whining coming from upstairs.

“It sounds like Mason is up” Joe smiled, as he fallowed her mother up the stairs.

****

“So, we’ve been to the Zoo and to the mall, where to now?” Joe asked as they all walked down the streets of New York.

“Ice cream” Payton yelled. Joe smirked at her and she just shrugged.

“Ice cream” Sophia agreed.

“Ice cream it is then” Joe stated.

After getting a taxi and getting to the ice cream place, they all sat around in Central Park eating their ice creams.

“Can I go play on the swings, daddy?” Sophia asked.

“Are you done with your ice cream?” he asked, pointing to her half eating cone. She nodded quick and handed him the mess.

“Ok, go play, but be carful and if anyone talks to you run right back here” he told her, this was big city after all. Mason was a sleep in his stroller and that left Payton and Joe alone to talk.

“Hi” he smiled over at her.

“Hi…” she trailed off.

“I can’t believe how much Sophia likes you, she said hi to you before me” he told her. “I’m hurt… what did you do to her?”

“I didn’t do anything” she told him. “All kids like me.”

“That is true” Joe agreed.

“Kids like you too” she then told him. “You’re so cute with them.”

“You think I’m cute?” he asked, with a smile.

“Oh, god, Joe” she whined.

“I was just kidding” he told her.

“So, what are we doing latter?” she then asked.

“I have a dinner planed for us and then maybe some skinny dipping.”

“JOE!” she yelled, but not loud enough to wake up Mason.

“You remember what happen when we went skinny dipping that one time?” he asked, with the biggest smirk ever.

“Yes, and that’s why I won’t go again.”

“Its cause you know you can’t resist me.”

“Ok, that’s it” she stated, standing up.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I’m going to go talk to Sophia, at least she will have something interesting to say” she told him, before walking away.

****
After their dinner, Joe and Payton walked through the park they were just in that afternoon with Joe’s kids. It was late no one was there now, mostly because it was dangerous, but it was fine if you knew what parts to go to, and Joe sure as hell knew, he had brought lots of dates here before. He slowly started to walk closer to Payton, closing the gap between them, they didn’t talk as they walked and there was only one other way Joe could make a move and he was about to do it. He slowly slipped his hand into hers.

She looked up at him, looking a little pissed and mostly taken off guard. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean this” she stated, lifting up their joined hands.

“I just wanted to hold your hand…” he trailed off.

“See, this is why I didn’t want you to come visit or for me to go visit you.”

“Its just holding hands, second graders hold hands, I’m not asking you to marry me” he told her. “But, if you want to marry me, I’m totally fine with that.”

She rolled her eyes. “Maybe we should just go back to the hotel.”

“IF you want to...” he trailed off. This wasn’t going the way he planed.

****

Joe and Payton got into the elevator and he hit level 5, there was silence till the doors opened and they walked out, but Payton then stopped in front of him.

“Room key” she told him, holding out her hand. They hadn’t been in their rooms yet, they just had the bell boy bring up their bags.

“Sure” Joe said, handing her a room key to room 590.

“Where’s your room?” she asked.

“Close” was all he said, before walking away, he walked so fast she couldn’t keep up with him. So, she just walked slowly down the hall looking for room 590.

Once she got there, she still didn’t see Joe, maybe he was mad at her, she pushed the thought out of her mind as she opened the door and walked in. there was 1 big bed with red rose peddles shaped into a heart, she looked around more to see 3 bottles of Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries, she looked down at the floor to see both hers and Joe’s suitcases on the ground, just then strong arms wrapped around her waist.

“Joe” she signed.

“I kinda thought I would have wooed you by the time we got back here, but that didn’t happen” he told her.

“It’s sweet but…” she trailed off.

“You want your own room?” he asked, closing his eyes tight.

“Yeah…” she trailed off again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, here's chapter 48, I want to get the the end of part 1 soon so I am just going to be posting like a mad women!!

Do you think Joe is cute with his kids?

Do you think Joe was sweet for doing that whole room thing?

Do you think Payton should have stayed with him in the room?

Please comment and tell me!!!