The Label-Less Girl

Frank Iero smells nice

The next classes passed with no important events, I had the same classes as Frank so one of the two things happened:
a) I would feel his eyes on me.
b) My eyes were on him, most of the time.

Finally, lunch came and I went to my usual table. My friends and I sat on a table under a tree, sometimes people come and sit with us, and we talk and eat. I am not like my family, I don’t look down on people, in fact, I enjoy meeting new friends.

“So, how were your classes today?” I asked my friends while I munched on a turkey sandwich.

“Pretty boring,” Amy told me.

“I have tons of homework,” Imogene said with a grunt.

“I have more books to read!” Beatrice said with a smile on her face.

“You know, Erin was flirting today with Mikey!” I yelled.

“I was not!” she said with a blush on her face.
The rest of the conversation was muted, my head was starting to hurt and the voices that haunted me were back.

“If you can’t be mine, you shouldn't be living!” a male voice screamed.

“I’m sorry, I can’t control my heart,” a woman was crying.

“Stop!” I yelled covering my ears, wishing the voices would just disappear.

Nobody’s point of view.

The school went silent, everybody was looking at the scene that was playing before them, they saw “the freak girl” crying, yelling at no one, she was with her eyes shut and clenching her teeth, she got up, yelled again and then fell. She had blacked out.

One of her friends started to call someone, another was checking her trying not to cry, and the other two were hugging each other crying silently.

Rain’s point of view.

I woke up in a room very familiar to me, Amy’s room. Four pairs of eyes were looking at me, when they saw I was awake, a hand gave me a pair of pills and a glass of water.

“Again, you forgot to take them,” Amy said with an angry motherly tone.

“Rain, you have to take your pills!” Erin said with tears in her eyes.

“Please, it’s the only way you can be stable,” Beatrice said.

“You scared us, kiddo,” Imogene said hugging Erin.

“I hate them! I hate that I’m mentally ill!” I said trying not to cry.

I got up, walked to the door, and went outside. I didn't care about skipping classes, it was normal for me, the school knew about my illness and every time I had one of “my scenes” they excused me and my friends.

My feet guided me to the only place I knew I could be safe, you could call it a sanctuary. When I arrived at the spots, I climbed the ladder and sat on the tree house my friends and I made on middle school, I came here just to find an escape.

“Bella, are you OK?” I heard a voice that came from below me ask.

I looked outside the house and saw Frank standing there.

“Frank, what are you doing here? You should be at school!” I told him.

“School’s over for today,” he explained.

So I was asleep for at least two hours, thank God my friends didn't call my parents.

I heard someone climb up the ladder and then I felt someone sit beside me. I looked up and met his hazel eyes; did I see pity in them? No, it was care, he was caring for me.

“What happened to you at lunch today?” he asked.

“One of my usual episodes,” I quietly explained.

“Can you tell me about it?” he asked.

“It’s a really long and sad story. I don’t want to talk about it,” I said, trying to forget the memories.

“OK, can I do anything to help?” he asked.

“Yes, can you hold me for a while?” I asked, mentally reprehending myself for my boldness.

“Anytime,” he said.

He sat me on his lap and hugged me. He started to hum a song and rock me like a baby, I didn't mind, I was again closing my eyes and waiting for another dream.

Note to self: Frank Iero smells nice.