The Violet Hour

Chapter Three.

The next day Jon had practice and I had an early class. I went to class and afterwards I went home and looked at myself in the mirror. I was looking boring. My once vibrant red hair was now dull and I was looking rather pale. I needed change I could believe in (haha). I decided I would go get my hair done. I drove to a really nice hair place downtown and walked in. “Do you take walk ins?” I asked the receptionist.
“You're lucky. We just had a cancellation. What do you want done?” She asked.
“A hair dye and trim.” I smiled. It took two and a half hours and one burning scalp later but I was done. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I had red violet hair, well more emphasis on the violet. It was much darker than what I've ever had. It was pretty purple. I paid and thanked the hair stylist and I went back into my car. I decided to call Jon and surprise him with my hair.
“Hey, are you home?” I asked him.
“Yeah, why?” He asked.
“I have a surprise for you! Can I come over?” I asked.
“Yeah. Can't wait.” He said laughing. We hung up and I drove to his apartment that was ten minutes away. I went up to his door and knocked and yelled out,
“Close your eyes!”
“Blaine, I hope this is nothing bad.” He groaned as he opened the door. His eyes were closed and I made my way inside.
“Okay, you can open them.” I said laughing. He smiled and opened his eyes and his jaw dropped.
“You have purple hair!” He said.
“It's so dark! It looks brunette but it's purple. Or is it red?!” He said coming up to me.
“I know!” I said with excitement. I loved my hair.
“You've never had this dark of a hair color.” He said picking up some of my hair.
“Don't you like it?” I asked almost sadly.
“No, I mean, you look good in it. It just looks different. I'm not used to it. Is it still red?” He asked.
“Yeah, it's red violet.” I said.
“More violet though, eh?” He laughed.
“Awh, Jon. I wanted you to like it.” I said as I sat down.
“I do! It's a good look on you. I'm just not used to it.” He said sitting down next to me.
“Did you do this for me?” He asked.
“Kinda. I was bored with myself and I wanted to look nice for you.” I said.
“Blaine, you're freaking hot. I don't need you to change. I mean, you're very beautiful too.” He said smiling.
“You always had a way with words.” I laughed.
“I can't believe you dyed your hair, though. Why?” He asked me.
“I was bored? I mean my hair was so boring and bland. I needed change.” I said.
“You're the only person I know who when they're bored, goes and dyes their hair.” He laughed.
“You know me.” I laughed.
“It's growing on me, though. I like it. You look so dark and mysterious now.” He laughed.
“Ugh, Jon. Now I feel like a tool. You're probably so creeped out on me now!” I groaned in his shoulder.
“Nawh, not yet. You can't get rid of me just yet.” He said quietly and kissed the top of my head. “Jon?” I asked.
“Yeah.” He said.
“I do love you.” I said looking up at him. Jon kissed me for a bit.
“I love you too.” He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Thanks for the comments and subscribers!
Keep it up!