Status: UNDERGOING REWRITE. SAME STORY

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 10

Image

After Work That Day

“Deb, why are people so dumb?” I asked with a light laugh as I helped her pack up our equipment for the night.

“I dunno, sweetie. What kind of stupidity are we talking about?” She laughed back.

“The stage divers and crowd surfers that broke bones today.” I kid you not, we had like 6 people break bones today. Two were shins from stage diving and misjudged the distance between the stage and the crowd, only one broke his rib in a mosh pit, and 3 arms got broken because they got dropped when they were crowd surfing.

“Well that’s just getting caught up in the music and needing an adrenaline rush. You can’t complain too much, though. You have to admit, helping to set those breaks was pretty fucking sweet.” She smiled at me.

“That part of it was pretty cool. The guys whose shins got broken, though, took me holding their legs down as an opportunity to stare down my shirt. I swear one of them got a boner just looking.” I found myself half disgusted and half entertained by the entire situation.

“Well that part is dumb guys who don’t know how to control their hormones around a chick with a nice rack. They’d probably ogle at whatever set they could find, yours just happened to be there today.” Deb laughed.

I stood there, kinda gaping at her. Did she really just tell me that I had a nice rack??? “…Thanks…? I guess…”

“Hey, as a woman, you’re allowed to glance over and notice that a girl has some good assets.” She laughed. I thought about it and agreed, laughing with her.

We worked on packing up for the next hour before we finished and I was on my way back to the Avenged bus.

I reached the door of the bus and started rapping The Real Slim Shady by Eminem at the top of my lungs, “Guess who’s back! Back again! Shady’s back, tell a friend!”

In the middle of my dancing up the stairs, I was thrown over someone’s shoulder and they ran around the bus with me screaming, “Damn you! Put me down so I can see who’s ass I’m gonna kick!” And then I got the bright idea to smack them. But the only thing I could really reach was this guy’s ass.

Mystery man kinda jumped, “Ooh, feisty! I like it. Do it again.” So I just smacked him harder and stealthily took out his wallet. Conveniently enough, his ID was gone. I just snooped more and ended up finding a condom. I couldn’t help it, I had to laugh. “What’s so funny, little girl?” the voice of – I thought – Jimmy, said.

“I think this may be too big for you, hun. I sincerely doubt that you’re a magnum. I’m thinking more of a medium.” I giggled out. Then I was tossed onto the couch. I thought it was Jimmy that had me, I was wrong. “Michael! When the hell did you get here and where is my favoritest dumbass?”

“When did I become a dumbass?” My brother, Mark, answered, coming from the bunk room.

“Since you started answering to it around 6 or 7 years ago.” I smiled, getting up to hug him. “But take pride in the fact that you and Michael are the only dumbasses I can be in the same room with for any extended amount of time without wanting to commit a murder for the greater good of the human race.”

“Hey! What about us?” Jonny asked, feigning hurt.

“You realize that you just called yourself and your 4 best friends dumbasses, right?” I laughed as Jonny went red. “But, ya’ll are in a different category. Ya’ll are my favorite crazy-ass mother-fucker rockstars.” I grinned like the Cheshire cat.

“Well, I feel loved.” Matt chuckled coming from the hallway up to the living room.

“As well you should.” I nodded with a smile. “Now, I’m really freaking hyper and I’m getting bored. OH BEST FRIEND, JIMMY!” I sang/called into the back room.

Jimmy pretty much tackled Matt as he ran from the back room to the living area of the bus, looking at me with a surprised/bewildered/excited look on his face. “You called me best friend!” He ran to me and hugged me really tightly. “Our secret is OUT!” The guys all looked at us like we were freaks and laughed. Jimmy and I didn’t care, we were off in our own little world being hyper and jumping around like a 2 year old on Monster.

“Oh, Jimmy. It doesn’t matter if our secret is out while we’re on the bus. The band already knows and Mark and Michael don’t count. They’re my dumbasses for a reason.” I giggled.

“Oh!” He smiled back. “Well, in that case, what can I do for you, my super sexy best friend?”

“Well, James, I am hyper and I am bored. Whenever this happens, I am not very easily entertained. Also, I end up speaking in entirely proper English, never using contractions, enunciating the difference between my T’s and D’s, and always calling everyone by their proper name, no longer using nicknames.”

“Dude… How did you know my name was James??? I never told you that and you said that you never Google bands because it’s creepy.” He asked with wide eyes, probably thinking that I was a psychic. Again.

“I know, dear James, because no mother would name their child Jimmy on a birth certificate. Every Jimmy I have ever known was a James.”

“Guys, when do we get to play beer pong??? Bekah’s doing that creepy psychic thing again.” Jimmy complained.

“No worries, man. The table is all set up outside. We’re just waiting for our first victims of the night.” Mark said, cockily.

“YES!!! I get to witness the destruction of Avenged Sevenfold! I am all kinds of excited!” I yelled, running to the beer pong table set up outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah. I know it's been a while. I've had some writer's block issues and work to deal with. So yeah! :) 5 comments and I'll post the next one. With the amount of time it's taking me to get any kind of feedback, I'll be able to have probably the next 3 chapters actually typed up before I post.