I Couldn't Be More Afraid

Give It a Shot

It was a few days before Marc came back to town and I wasn’t exactly sure where we stood. I knew that he hadn’t touched another girl on the road because I’d spoken to him on the phone and Dubi was texting me updates. However, we hadn’t been dating very long so it wasn’t like we were in a relationship; I guess we just “were.” Since it was a Wednesday night and I was off anyway, Marc got me one ticket to his game; he told me that I would be sitting with Kayla and Pam, so I wouldn’t be alone.

I got to the game and found my way to the VIP section, where I would be for the first time, and saw Kayla already sitting wearing a 24 jersey. I finally gave in and wore Marc’s jersey to a game and at that moment, I felt like I was his girlfriend…and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that.

I sat down next to Kayla and we exchanged greetings before she immediately started with the conversation that I didn’t want to have.

“So I hear things are finally happening with you and Marc.”

“Oh yeah?” I asked, “What’s Ryan been telling you?”

“Just that Marc’s been much more…uh..loose lately,” she responded suggestively.

“It only happened once….well….one occasion,” I felt my face get warmer.

“You’re blushing.”

“We’re talking about my sex life in public,” I laughed.

“You really like him.”

“We’re having fun.”

“Are you gonna have fun tonight?”

“KAYLA!” I practically yelled.

“Oh come on, Lay, I’ve been with the same guy for 8 years and I love Ryan more than anything, but new relationships are fun.”

“It’s not a relationship,” I responded, probably too quickly, “we’ve been on a few dates.”

“You’re here.”

“I love hockey.”

“Honey,” she started, “You can tell yourself that you’re using him all you want, but I can see you watching him. What are you so afraid of?”

“I don’t do relationships.”

“If you really don’t want him, then stop stringing him along.”

“Kayla…”

“I know you like him and he’s crazy about you. Just give it a shot.”

I knew she was right. We didn’t talk about it for the rest of the game; we just cheered on our boys. Kayla laughed at my habits of screaming at the players and the ref during the game; I had never sat that close before so I often forgot that they could probably hear some of what I was saying. A few times, Marc looked over and me and smiled. Pam had arrived after my conversation with Kayla had ended and she made many comments about Marc looking at me.

The game was against the Devils, so as usual, it was intense and full of fights. The game went into overtime and I was sitting on the edge of my seat. Pam and Kayla were laughing; while they were fans of the game, they didn’t get anywhere near as into it as I did. I couldn’t stop thinking about the conversation and all of my phone conversations with Marc in the past few days. I hadn’t seen him since that afternoon and wasn’t sure what I would do when I saw him.

After the rookie, Derek Stepan, netted the game winner, we watched the boys walk off the ice. Kayla, Pam, and I waited a while before heading down to greet the boys; we walked Pam to the parking garage first because she wanted to get the car started to head home as soon as Danny came out. It was cute how getting home to Landon was her top priority; she actually promised me that she would bring him to a game one day.

Kayla and I then headed to the locker room; she went over to Ryan and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I couldn’t find Marc anywhere, just Dubi who greeted me with an obnoxiously sly smile. I asked him where Marc was and he told me that he was talking to the reporters; I then noticed the mob of people surrounding him with microphones and laughed to myself. I decided to wait for him by his car; I couldn’t look at him dripping with sweat anymore, it reminded me too much of other things.

Some of the other guys walked past me to get to their cars, but I remained leaning against the driver’s side door of Marc’s car. Eventually he walked out with Dubi and as soon as he saw me, they parted ways. Our eyes locked and he walked towards me, eventually stopping when we were only inches apart. Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his mouth against mine; our mouths parted and our tongues found each other and began to dance. His arms moved around my waist as he pulled me so close to him that our bodies were practically one. We eventually separated and he looked me in the eyes and said, “not that I’m complaining, but what was that for?”

“I’m ready.”

“We already did that,” he laughed and I slapped him in the chest

“Not that,” I responded taking his hands into mine and locking our eyes on each other, “this…us.”

“You want to give it a shot?”

“If you are,” I said softly.

“I’ve been waiting for you.”

We got in the car and headed back to his apartment. Everything seemed like such a rush once we were inside; we started kissing as we walked into his bedroom and our clothes were off before we even hit the bed. There was no foreplay, we went straight to the sex and it was just as amazing as the first time…and the second. Afterward, he pulled me into him and kissed my forehead telling me how happy he was that we were finally going to give it a chance. I was terrified, exhilarated, and anxious all at the same time.

Marc went into the bathroom, while I stole a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in. I realized that I had left my phone in the living room when I threw my bag on the couch and went in to get it. As I pulled it out, I noticed that it was ringing and the caller ID had Brandon Dubinsky’s name on it.

“Hey Dubes,” I said.

“So what made you change your mind?”

“What do you mean?”

“Last I talked to you, you treated him like a one night stand.”

“Not a one night…”

“You know what I mean, Layla, what’s up?”

“I realized that running away won’t get rid of him,” I responded honestly.

“So romantic.”

“That’s me, but I’ve gotta go, he’s waiting.”

“Goodnight…and thanks for finally giving this a chance.”

“I hope it’s worth it. Night,” and with that I hung up and went back into the bedroom. Marc asked where I was and I was honest with him, I didn’t think I needed to lie. He laughed and said that Dubi’s been on his case for a while about me. We laughed about it and then he started to tell me stories about the road. All of the guys on his team seemed like such characters, especially Sean Avery, and I couldn’t wait to get to know them better. It seemed like I had gotten myself into something good.

The next morning, Marc invited me to MSG while he had practice. I told him that I needed to find clothes to wear because I wouldn’t have time to go home before I had to work at four. He wanted to take me back to the Island afterward and practice wouldn’t end until 1:30 and then he had to shower and change. For some reason we got to the Garden extremely early and no one was there yet; Marc gave me a tour of the locker room and we started making out against the wall. The next thing I knew, we were having a quickie in the locker room and he was using his mouth on mine to prevent me from screaming. While he was at practice, I went down the road to Macy’s and bought myself a perfect outfit for work. It was a short denim skirt and a black sleeveless top that showed off probably too much cleavage. It wasn’t exactly appropriate for the mid November whether, but it would be good for the bar that night.

When I got to the Garden, I grabbed the Rangers hoodie that Marc kept in his car and put it on over the skimpy top. After his practice, I expected him to get into his car, but instead he led me out in front of MSG. Out there, a limo was waiting, I looked at him like he was crazy, but he said that he wanted to be with me the entire drive and he couldn’t do that if he was driving. Before we got into the car, he asked the driver how long it was going to be. The driver told him that the traffic was pretty bad because there was an accident on Southern State Parkway so it could take an hour and a half; I kept checking the time to make sure I would be on time for work and Marc assured me that it would be fine.

He sat down against the back of the limo and I sat on the seat perpendicular to him. I had no idea why he had gotten a limo that would normally seat six just to take me home, but I wasn’t going to argue with it. He looked over at me with a sad face that said “why are you all the way over there,” before pointing his index finger at me and motioning that I come sit with him. I moved over towards him and sat down straddling his lap.

“Hi,” he said in a breathy voice before burying his head in my neck. I felt his tongue along my collarbone as I leaned my head backwards to give him better access. My skirt was so short that it moved up exposing my thong and bare cheeks; Marc’s hands found their way to cover my ass. Our mouths met and our tongues were wrestling in such a new, yet familiar matter. His hands rubbed around to my thighs before one went under the small layer of cotton. His thumb was rubbing my clit as his mouth ravished mine. He moved the fabric aside and put his fingers inside one at a time while he used his other hand to balance me on his lap. His fingers found the right spot and kept rubbing against it as I ran out of breath. I pulled my mouth away from his and noticed him watching as my eyes rolled in pleasure; the rubbing between my clit and inside my pussy got harder and more intense until my body shook and the orgasm took over.

I moved in to kiss him again and felt the pressure of his rock hard dick against my leg; I moved off of him and opened his jeans. My hand wrapped around him and I took the entire length in my mouth. “Oh God, Layla,” he screamed as my teeth caressed the shaft. I licked around the tip, letting my tongue hover on the cleft. It didn’t take long before he came into my mouth and I licked him clean. I moved back onto his lap again, kissing him with everything I had. The limo jerked and Marc pulled me closer to him to prevent me from falling. It didn’t take long for him to be rock hard again.

I removed my thong and took his hard cock into my hand. I realized that we didn’t have a condom, but I was on the pill and he had previously promised me that he was clean. Without thinking any more, I moved my body on top of his cock and lowered myself onto him. I started to rock back and forth and he moved me up and down. He started to kiss my neck again until I started to moan out loud in pleasure. The driver was still up front so Marc’s mouth met mine as I continued to ride him. I felt the orgasm starting to build and started to ride him even faster and his hips would buck to meet my thrusts. As I came, I felt his juices shoot inside of me; I sat there for a few seconds before climbing off.

Marc picked me up and threw me onto the side seat of the limo and started to kiss me again. There was something about the thrill of getting caught be the driver that made me almost want to do it all over again. We felt the limo come to a full stop and I looked out the window to see Maxwells. I kissed him again and said goodbye before heading into work.

Leah looked at me almost in disgust when I walked in and asked, “did you shower today?”

“Umm…” I responded. I had showered, but I had done a lot since then.

“Seriously babe, major sex hair and it’s four in the afternoon.”

“Sorry Lee, I haven’t been home all day.”

“And where were you?” she asked even though we both knew that there was no question.

“City.”

“Marc’s.”

“and MSG, then he got a car and took me home.”

“And in how many of those places did you fuck him?”

“So I’m gonna go to the bathroom and clean up,” I responded, walking over to get the makeup case that we kept under the bar. Leah grabbed it before I got a chance and blocked me from getting away from the bar.

“You little slut,” she laughed.

“I did nothing you’ve never done,” I responded in my most innocent voice.

“That’s not saying much; most people can’t name something I’ve never done.”

“I love that you’re proud of that.”

“Hey I’m young and I’m hot, I’ll have fun while I can,” she laughed, “but go clean up before customers start to get here…oh and Lay…”

“Yea?”

“You’ve got some white stuff,” she started reaching towards my hair; I immediately looked at it and she added, “oh my God, you checked! I’ve taught you so well.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long, school's got me crazy busy -- comments make updates come faster though :P

and here's Layla's slutty work outfit:
I love the shoes