The closest thing to being caught is lying.(A step-sibling affair)

chapter 3

That day in the kitchen with Nick was an indication that something big was about to happen. I mean we flirt and mess with each other but not like we did that day, it was kindy scary yet exciting and I'm a girl who loves excitement.

So I don’t know how Nick still doesn’t know that I go out with Matt its been like three days or something like that. My step dad and my mom came back yesterday but are currently at work as always. I don’t have a problem with it but gosh between business trips and work they have no time for their children.

I looked up to Nick's older brother Chad, the only reason is because he's in collage and doesn’t have to live here with these people. I heard a knock on my door. That’s all I hear now are knocks.

"Come in?" I sat up Indian style on my bed. When Nick walked in closing the door behind him.

"Why in the hell didn’t you tell me that you go out with that little shit?" he said with a snarl. I smiled at the name.

"Nice to see you too!" I spat back with a grin.

"Don't give me that bullshit Alex you could of told me?" he moved so he stood in front of me. He looked actually pissed.

"First of all I didn’t give you any bullshit-" I got off my bed and walked over to him.

"Second of all you didn’t ask." We were now face to face, even though he was taller.

"I don’t have to fucking ask you should have told me!" I moved closer to him. He was pissing on my nervous, first off he knows not to curse at me.

"You listen to me. If I don’t want to tell you I goddamn won’t and how do you know that I'm serious about him, I just said yes cause I hate hurting people feelings!" Our noses where inches apart.

"Well you still should have of told me you had me in a knot for a moment there." He dropped down on my bed flat on his back and pulled me on to him.

"You know if someone was here we would get into so much trouble?" I rested my head on his chest.

"Our parents are never home. umm Alex I..." He trailed off. What did he want to say? We never kissed or anything but I felt something when I was with him, something that I never felt before.

"What?"

"Nevermind. Lets just lay here until they come home thats if they ever do." I shook my head and put my arms around him. We did this a lot I think it was just for comfort.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It was past nine when my mom finally called me for dinner. She got home like a good hour before and made dinner you know between being a judge and a mom I really don’t see how she does it.

As I was walking out of my room someone pulled me back and I hit a hard chest. I let out 'umpf' sound but smiled none the less.

"What do you want to get us in trouble?" I asked.

"No but something is off. We never eat in the main dinning room and dad is home." What? Greg was never home by nine; it was usually by let me see maybe one or two in the morning.

"So your saying that something is going down. Well I'm with you there you might wanna let me go before mom comes up stairs and sees us." nothing was going on between us its just the way he was always holding me I didn’t have a problem but they would.

You remember when I said that I didn’t like being touched will I don’t but if it was by the right person why not? His hands dropped from around my waist and I continued walking until I reached the main dinning hall with him behind me.

When I looked on the table there was a feast, I guess Nick saw it too because he bumped into me. There was veggies, rice, meat, drinks and all of the other things on the food chain.

I took my hair band from off my wrist. My hair is brown and long and straight who wouldn’t want that kind of hair. I put my hair up into a side ponytail and sat. Nick took the chair to my right.

My mom walked in with a plate of something. She was actually wearing an apron, my mom never ever have a apron around her waist or cook but she was doing all of that tonight.

"Mom?" I said. she looked up, it was like she was a world away.

"Oh you guys are here?" Nick was busy texting to realize my mom was present.

"Ya what's all of this for?" I questioned while under the table snatching the phone from Nick's hands. He looked up and scowled at me before looking over at my mom.

"It’s a surprise. Hold on let me go get Greg ok? Just give me a minute." I nodded; Nick's hands found mines and he fought to get back his phone.

"What's your problem give it back?" I smirked.

"No I wont. Have manners its dinner time." He exclaimed something rude under his breath as he turned and looked at me.

"Dinner time my ass. Don’t act as if you never did it at dinner before?" I had to do it; My hand connected with all that gorgous hair and his head flew forward.

My mom walked into the room with Greg behind her, she looked to Nick then back to me with a disproving look.

"Say sorry Alex that’s rude." I smiled because I wasn’t giving him back his phone and he wouldn’t get it when our parents were in the room.

"Sorry Nick I didn’t mean to do that." he shook his head but I knew he was going to get me back sooner or later.

"Now thank god and dig in." my mom stated as she and Greg took their seats. Greg sat at the front of the table and my mom on his right. Nick and I down further than they would of liked.

My mom said the prayers and than everyone dug in. When everyone plates were piled high with food I felt a hand on my leg I was wearing shorts so that made it easier for him. Yep my guess is the pay back is going to come sooner rather than later.

Than I felt the hard pinch and I squirmed in my seat making Nick smirk and both of our parents look over at me.

"What's the matter Alex?" Greg questioned ready to put a fork of food in his mouth.

I took a side glance at Nick; he put a fork of food in his mouth trying to act like nothing happened I rolled my eyes. I was so going to get him back.

"Nothing?" I lied; I picked up my fork and started eating again.

About 15 minutes of straight silence later, Greg finally speak.

"Amanda and I have an announcement to make?" Greg picked up my mom's hand. Nick and I gave each other a quick glance before turning back to them.

This reminded me of the time when they announced that they were getting married which to us kids was not very nice, they just dropped the bomb on us.

"We weren't expecting this but it just happened." My mom looked over at Greg with a smile as she spoke and then turned back toward us.

What the hell was going on, Were we moving? Or were they getting a divorce even though I think I knew the answer to the second suggestion.

"I'm having a baby!" she said with excitement written all over her face. Two times in one week are you kidding me? I didn’t even look over at Nick to know that he was grinning.

"Well congrats. When did you find out?" Nick asked good thing he asked before I got a chance.

"Just a few days ago, I wanted to tell you guys first. So what do you think?"

"Wow, I think its great news." her smile got wider than she looked over at me. What was I suppose to say, oh how peachy I have another little shit to watch no offense or anything but by god I'm to old for a new baby sister I'm sorry, I already love her but who's going to baby-sit? Surly not me.

"So what do you think Alex?" my middle name should be lair the reason because I lie to damn much.

"I think its good news like what nick said congrats!" I had to say something pleasant i didnt want to hurt my moms feelings.

"So how many months are you along?" I questioned stuffing my mouth.

"I'm two months! I'm so happy that you guys are ok with this." why wouldn't Nick and I be happy. Greg didn’t say anything he just ate.

One of Nick's hands were on my leg again his palm caressing it. I didn’t even look at him he was doing it to annoy me and it was really doing the opposite.

"Ya mom-" I closed my eyes because of the sensation of his cold hands against my hot skin.

"We are." I finshed looking over at her. What the hell was his problem?

By the time everyone was finished the bowls and plates of food were put into containers into the fridge. I was standing by the sink while Nick brought in more dishes for me to wash, it was my day to wash. He dumped them into the soap water and turned beside me.

"Can you believe it. We're having a little sister!" I washed a dish and placed in the fresh water then another.

"No I cant and what you did that wasn’t cool either." he smiled showing his perfect pearly white teeth.

"What was I doing?" he got a little closer.

"You know what. What if my boyfriend saw what you did?" I had to laugh nearly dropping a plate.

"I thought you said it wasn’t serious?" he got serious.

"You're so weird and what if it gets serious huh? Wat'cha goin do then?" I loved playing games. One of my favorite pastimes.

"And its not like-" I pointed towards us.

"We’re together, I don’t like you that way. Sorry?" I rinsed the last of the dishes off before placing them on my other side in the dishwasher. The room was quiet until I was finished than I was snatched up and carried out the double glass doors leading to the pool area.

"Put me down Pretty boy!!" I yelled and laughed. He just carried me until we were beside the poolside.

"Now what did you say?" he questioned appearing with another smile. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up to him.

"I don’t know what you're talking about." I looked away toward the clear blue water.

"Yes you do but I'm going to let it pass just because your mom and my dad are here." wow! That was easy he never gives up that easy.

"Is that so?" I questioned.

"Yep but one more thing?"

"Wha-" before I could get the word out I felt freezing cold water on my skin.