Status: Active.

You're a Scribbled out Name That My Love Keeps Writing Again and Again

Secrets

Shortly after the plates were clear, the boys made their way into the living, sprawling their bodies across the carpet and couch with cans of soda or root beer in hand. Sophia followed, quickly claiming a space next to Embry as the only other available seat was next to Paul. Sophia knew she would be safe with Embry, the boy too mature nd too shy to try and be witty and place her in an awkward situation.

"Would you like something to drink Sweetie?" Emily asked Sophia.
"Umm, a glass of water would be nice thanks."
"I'll get it." Jacob said, smiling at Emily before making his way into the kitchen.

He returned quickly, glass in hand and a warm smile on his face. He lowered himself down to Sophia's level, looking into her eyes as he handed her the glass and forcing the blood to spread across Sophia’s face.

"Thanks." she murmured, taking the glass and quickly adverting her eyes.
He chucked softly. "No problem."

Jacob opted for leaning against the wall adjacent to Sophia, crossing his arms over his chest and keep his gaze on Sophia's small frame.

The boys settled down and Sophia felt herself become swallowed by a warm ambience. She listened to the low hum of voices and the sharp crack of cans opening, the quite hiss of bubbles shortly proceeding.
Sophia relished in the feeling of comfort and security her surroundings were bringing, picking up on the strong union between all these boys. She found herself watching their faces, smiling when they smiled as she slotted herself into the puzzle the tight community seemed to make.

"So Sophia, what brings you to Forks?"

The question shattered the atmosphere, much like a ball shattering through a sheet of glass. The drone of voices gradually faded until silence was its only replacement.
Sophia met the eyes of Jared, the source of the question, who had sat up, eyebrow raised as he looked expectantly at Sophia to answer. She soon realised all eyes were on her as they waited.

She looked down at her glass that was gripped tightly between her hands. She stared at the water in it, watching the water as it rippled and swelled, appearing like a thick silver substances in the dim lighting.

"Well, um." She began, unable to clear her mind and form a articulate answer as her brain seemed to be screaming at her not to mess up.
"I guess it was just time for a change."

She bit her lip and looked up, meeting multiple faces that seemed to be urging her to continue. She realised her answer wasn’t sufficient enough.

"Me and Renee have never really seen eye to eye. We can't go two minutes without bickering like a couple of children.” She laughed softly to herself. "Our relationship’s really strained and I was worried that it would come to a point where I wouldn't be able to fix it. A brake is the best thing for both of us. My relationship with Phil isn't much better and I have got to a point where I am sick of having to move around for his career. I wanted to be able to stay in one place without the constant threat of having to move creeping in again.” The boys were silent, unsure of whether to try and comfort Sophia or make a witty remark. Sophia looked at the weary faces before saying. "And I really, really missed Charlie and Bella." She finished with a weak smile.

"Well i guess Forks is for the best then.” Embry said. "You know, if it means your back with your dad and your sister."

The boys nodded before turning their attention back to each other. Sophia laughed softly as the awkward presence still hung heavy, raising her eyebrows as she looked back down at her glass and mentally congratulated herself.

She bought the class to her lips, her teeth clinking against it. She shivered internally as the frosty water coursed down her throat.
When she bought the cup down her eyes found their way to Jacob, who winked and sent her a smile of reassurance.

Sophia stared into sky, the once blue canvas tinted with orange. The clouds were merely wisps of pink and violet as the day came to a close. She bathed in the orange glow, glad that the short appearance of the sun had allowed a sunset to cease the day.

Jacob pulled his car up in front of the Swan residence, glancing at Sophia. He watched her gaze out the window, her lips lifting up into a smile and her skin luminous under the setting sun. She turned to him, the light reflecting in her blue eyes and making it seem as though a sliver of glass had wedged itself into her iris.

"Thanks for today Jacob. I really mean it. I know I was very hesitant at first but I’m glad I came." Her voice was soft and sincere.

"Me too Sophia, me too. I can tell they love you already."

Sophia smiled. "I like them too." she paused. "I like La Push. There's something about it. It just makes me feel...at home."

Jacob grinned. "I'm glad. You won't mind coming back then?"

"Or course not."

He reached over to take her hand, his eyes locking with hers.

"I'll be holding you to that." He whispered, his face creeping closer to hers and his breath fanning across her face, causing a tingling sensation to erupt across her skin.

He abruptly reached over her body, taking hold of the car handle and pushing the door open before leaning back and grinning at a dazed Sophia. She blinked before closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"Thanks again Jake. See you later." She climbed out the car and headed towards her house, not looking back at Jacob but listening to the engine’s fading growl as his car proceeded down the road.

"I see you had a good time." Charlie said as soon as Sophia walked in, noticing her flushed cheeks and grinning face,

"Yeah, yeah." Sophia said nonchalantly. "Jacob's great." She noticed the smirk grow on Charlie's face. "And so are his friends." She added quickly, cursing herself internally for singling Jacob out.

"Mm hmm. I'm sure." Charlie mused, the knowing smirk still plastered on his face as Sophia rolled her eyes and walked briskly by.

Sophia was able to let her indolent and reluctant nature shine through as there was no appearance from a work ridden Charlie to pry her from her bed. She slept until noon, only getting up due to the constant growling of her stomach. She pull her hair into a messy bun, shoved on some shorts and a black and white basketball top before heading downstairs.

She flicked through the TV channels absentmindedly, a bowl of ice-cream in one hand and remote in other. She watched people flit around across the screen, their expressions overly dramatic and their words too processed and expressive for it to be reality.

There was something about actors that really irked Sophia. She despised the way that all they had to do was put on a façade and suddenly be splashed around the news and magazines, earning absurd amounts of money for pretending.

She rolled her eyes, plugging her ears with her iPod earphones so she didn’t have to listen to the irritating voices on the TV, exclaiming their despair as they had either been backstabbed or lied to. She closed her eyes and leant her head back, occasionally scooping up her ice cream she lost herself in the music.

After a while, she felt a small nagging in the back of her mind, urging her to awaken her sense. She tried to ignore it but its consistency got the better of her. She lifted her head up, opening her eyes and frowning. Behind the music streaming into her ears was a muted thumping noise. She yanked her earphones out, the thumps more distinct and metrically.

Someone was knocking on the door.

She sighed, placing her bowl of ice-cream on the coffee table and throwing her iPod onto the sofa. She looked down at her attire, hoping it wasn’t Jacob at the door. She ran her lithe fingers through her thick hair, hoping it could be deemed presentable as she made her way to the door.

She fiddled with the locks before swinging it open, the crisp air swirling around her bare skin.

She frowned and tilted her head to the side in confusion at the beautiful pale girl on her doorstep that was looking at Sophia with big, hazel eyes under a shock of black hair.

Alice Cullen.

Sophia felt her body twitch at the name and a sudden hostility rose within her. She fought it back, smiling politely at Alice.

“Sorry but Bella’s at school.” Sophia frowned slightly. “Not being rude but shouldn’t you be there as well?”

Alice simply smiled, her face so radiant and innocent that Sophia found herself smiling with her.

“Yes, I suppose I should be but I had some family matters I had to tend to.”

“Right, well. Like I said, Bella isn’t here.” Sophia tried to be polite but there was something about Alice’s presence that confused and irritated Sophia.

“I know. But she’ll be home soon so i might as well just wait.”

And with that, Alice entered the house uninvited, walking past Sophia, who stood in the same position, baffled at Alice’s blunt behaviour.

Sophia closed the front door slowly, clicking her tongue against her teeth in annoyance and balling her hands into fist.

“That’s okay. Just come on in. It’s not like you need permission to just waltz into someone’s house, right?” Sophia muttered sarcastically.

She walked back into the living room, noting that Alice had already made herself at home. She had taken off her black raincoat and placed it neatly on the back of the sofa, leaving her in a floral dress that she was currently readjusting as she sat down.

Sophia stayed against the wall on the other end of the room, eyeing Alice suspiciously.

Sophia couldn’t understand her sudden distaste towards the girl. She couldn’t understand the way her senses seem to be on fire or the way her stance was defensive and cautious.

She couldn’t understand why suddenly, her brain had convinced her not to trust this girl or any of the Cullen’s.

She couldn’t understand why she had already made her decision that there was something just not right with Alice. She wasn’t usually one to be prejudice and despised narrow-minded, ignorant people who judged one's character just by their appearance.

But the Cullen’s seemed to be a exception.

From the moment she had met them, all she could seem to do was question.

“You seem a little tense.” Alice’s sweet voice broke through Sophia’s thoughts. She turned her attention to Alice, eyebrows slightly raised.

“I’ve got a lot on my mind.”

Alice nodded and Sophia caught the way her face twisted into that of worry before she smoothed it over, her face returning to its cool and collected state.

“I’m not sure how long Bella will be. I’m assuming school’s finished by now but she could of gone somewhere with Edward. You may be here for a while.” Sophia said.

Alice just smiled at Sophia. “Maybe. But I think they are probably on their way here now. You know, they’ll probably be here in a couple minutes.”

Sophia forced a smile, doubting Alice’s words.

Exactly two minutes later, Sophia could hear the sound of footsteps on gravel and murmuring voices.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” She muttered.

The front door opened and Bella’s and Edward’s voices flooded through the house.

“I still don’t understand why we had to leave in such a hurry Edward.” Bella said.

Edward didn’t answer and simply took Bella’s coat from her hands, his expression stern as he hung it up for her.

“You practically run poor Mike over. What is going on?” Bella said. Edward laughed humourlessly, still leaving Bella’s words unanswered. “Edward, are you going to actually answer me or carry on ignoring me like a child?”

Edward sighed and leant down so that his lips were hovering by her ear.

“Later Bella, I promise.”

He kissed her temple before standing up straight and facing Sophia.

“Good afternoon Sophia.” He said, though his eyes were staring straight past her, focused on Alice.

Sophia watched Alice hold Edward's stare, her expression sombre before Edward’s eyes widened slightly. Sophia frowned as he composed his face, putting on the same mask that Alice had earlier worn so well and slightly inclined his head in a nod.

“Oh, Alice!” Bella exclaimed, finally noticing the pixie-like girl perched on the sofa. “I didn’t expect you to be here.”

Alice laughed softly. “Surprise.”

“Edward, did you know-” She stopped abruptly, looking between Edward and Alice, her once confused expression suddenly smoothing out into that of understanding.

Sophia could practically feel the secrets swarming around her, buzzing in her ear like flies but darting out of her way before she could catch them.

She chose to ignore it, knowing that if she questioned Bella now, either one of the Cullen’s would be there to save her if she tripped up. She always was a terrible liar but the Cullens were smart and chose their words carefully.

“You know it’s funny.” Sophia started, watching as all eyes turned to her. “Alice just said you would be back in a couple of minutes and she was dead on. What is she, physic or something?” Sophia asked playfully.

Bella’s whole frame tensed and she shot Edward a desperate look.

Edward was simply smirking and Alice let out one of her melodic laughs.

“Oh, I wish. Then I would have seen that awful algebra test coming.” Her face scrunched up in repugnance and Edward chuckled.

Sophia smiled, relating to Alice in the sense that just the mention of the words algebra made her shudder. She turned to Bella, noticing the anxious expression that seemed to be permanently etched on her face.

“Bella can I talk to you for a minute.” She caught the despairing look thrown towards Edwards. “Alone.” She added.

“Of course she can. In fact, I need to have a word with Alice so we’ll just leave you two to it.”

Edward squeezed Bella’s hand before leaving the room with Alice in tow.

“I’m not stupid Bella.” Sophia said, not able to keep the slight hurt from her tone.

“What?” Bella said, fending innocence.

“Look, I’m not going to beat around the bush with this. I know something is going on.”

“I don’t know what-”

“Don’t even try to patronize me Bella. I know you. I know when you’re lying. I know when most people are lying. And I know that you and all your friends are lying through your teeth.”

“Sophia I-“

“Don’t want to hear it. You know how much I hate lies. You remember what we had to go through. When Dad and Renee would put on a smile and pretend how everything was alright when actually, our whole world was about to be torn apart. Do you remember when we promised there would be no lies between us Bella? Because we didn’t want to have to deal with the hurt? Do you remember when we promised no secrets? I know you’re hiding a secret Bella and regardless of how big or small it is, I will find out.”

Sophia glanced towards the kitchen where Edward and Alice were also conversing.

“I know not now. I know I’m never going to get it out of you when they are around. And I promise you one thing Bella…if you keep lying to me, we’re done.”

Bella didn’t know what to say, unable to forms words of comfort or reassurance because she knew it would just be more lies. Sophia's watering eyes scanned Bella's face and she knew that the truth wasn't going to be coming out any time soon.

Edward and Alice reappeared from the kitchen and Bella knew they had both been listening in.

Sophia looked at the Cullen’s, then back to her sister.

“You decide Bella. I’ll give you time and we can carry on pretending for a while. But you will eventually have to choose. It’s either them or me.”

And with that sentence Bella knew that in order to salvage her relationship with Sophia, she was going to have to tell her the truth behind Forks much sooner then she planned.

And she knew Edward would be fretting over the hastiness of her decision.

And she knew Jacob would be angry if Bella told his secret so soon.

And she knew Sophia's life would never be the same again.

But it was inevitable.

From the moment she arrived, Bella had known it would of been inevitable.

But what no one knew was that from the moment Sophia had arrived, her life had been doomed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this took so long to get out.
I won't bore you with excuses but i promise it won't take this long again, unless something major happens.
Thank you to everyone who commented last chapter, lovely comments and i really appreciate them.
Heck, even if they aren't lovely. Comment all you want :)
Anyway, i hope you liked this chapter. A bit of drama so give me your thoughts pleasee.

Off topic but who's excited for the new My Chemical Romance album?!
I don't think i can even put my excitement into words.

x