Temptation

five

I was sitting on Marshall's bed, right smack in the middle of the massiveness, headphones in, bored outta my mind. The girls were napping and there was absolutely nothing on tv or on the computer that interested me. I was in a foul mood. I just wanted to spend the day with my baby 'cause it was our one month. I didn't even think he remembered, but it didn't matter because he was at work for most of the day anyway. As Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys blasted in my ears, my phone vibrated next to me against my bare thigh. My heart began to hurt and my stomach flipped as I saw who it was.

hey babygirl :) where da fuck have you been?! i haven't seen you in 12344543234 months.. </3

It was my other half Hero. I loved that girl more than life itself. She'd been by my side through so much and I didn't have the dick to tell her that I was working for the man we'd been idolizing since we were ten. I deserved some kind of best friend award for sure.

we need to talk.............. call me.

I tapped the pause button on my iTouch and ripped a headphone out. A second later, her name started flashing across my phone's screen. "Babyyyy!" I cooed into the phone.

"I miss you baby! What do we need to talk about?" The smile was apparent in her voice. I couldn't stand to hear it leave.

My heart was pounding, trying to beat outta my chest. I coulldn't hurt her like this. "Hero, I have no idea how to tell you this....."

"What girl, what's wrong?" Sudden worry oozed from her voice.

"I work for Eminem."

There was a silence that seemed to last for an eternity. "Uh, come again?"

"Are you mad?"

The next thing I heard was ear piercing screaming. "What the hell Taylor? When the fuck were you planing on telling me?" She was livid.

"I'm so sorry Hero." My voice quivered as a tear ran down my cheek.

"What do you do for him?" she shouted at me. Her voice echoed mine, full of hurt and tears. We were both about to breakdown and we couldn't comfort eachother. Why was I so fucking stupid?

"I babysit his girls."

"What? That's fucking amazing! How could you not tell me? I thought we were best friends? You should have told me the second you got the fucking job! Why didn't you?"

"I don't know!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs, just like she was.

"I do. You're a selfsh bitch."

There went the knife through my heart. I started sobbing, shaking uncontroablly. "I didn't wanna hurt you!"

"Oh really? Well, epic fail." She hung up. I let out a frustrated scream, still sobbing. I hugged his pillow tight to me while the tears flowed like a fucking river. It reeked of his intoxicating scent causing my insides to quiver. Fuck it, I was calling him. I needed him. I pressed the three on my phone and prayed he answered.

"Yes baby." he mumbled, sighing into the phone. He sounded like he could pass out at any minute.

"Where are you?" I tried so hard to keep my voice from showing any sign of weakness. I failed, miserably.

"I'm turning on our street now. Have you been crying?"

"Yeah. Hurry up, i'm on your bed." I hung up before I exploded again. About ten minutes later, I heard him come in and close the door behind him. I clutched the pillow as I listened to his footsteps coming down the hall. I felt the bed dip down and arms snake around my waist. Slim buried his face in my neck.

"What's wrong Tay?" I felt his lips on my skin in a kiss.

"I just lost my best friend!" I screamed as a new wave of pain and sobs overtook me. I felt like I was being a little too over dramatic about it, but Hero meant a lot me. She was my only friend. The only person, besides Em and his girls and my family, that saw me as normal person instead of "that chick in a wheelchair."

"Shh, calm down baby," he voice was soft and calm, "Here, tell me all about it." He pulled me up the bed so my back was against the headboared. He took his pillow, that was soaked in my snot and tears, put it in my lap and made himself comfortable. At that moment, I started to fall in love with him. Not that obsessive, admire him from afar "love" I had had in the years before God decided to bless with all this. Real love. And that scared the shit out of me. I scratched and rubbed his head as I told him Hero and I's life story and what happened. I had to kiss his head a few to keep him awake. Poor thing, I knew he was tired as fuck. I felt like the whiny, self-centered girlfriend. I wouldn't blame him at all if he wasn't listening to a word I was saying.

He was listening to what I was saying though, because when I was done rambling, he looked up into my eyes, and kissed me slowly. The kiss killed all my fears and made my insides tremble. He broke away and put his forehead against mine as yet another tear rolled down my cheek. That one had a little bit more happiness in it though. "It'll be ok baby. You and her sound like how Proof and I were. " He kissed my forehead. "Just give time her to get over the shock. I understand why she'd be upset. You know you should've told her. It'll blow over though. She'll end up happy for you."

"I hope so Slim. That girl means everything to me." My voice quivered as I said this.

He lifted my chin. "She's your best friend, she has to. I wanna meet this chick. She sounds pretty fucking chill."

A smile that could barley fit my face was visible as I giggled like a little schoolgirl. He tended to make me do that a lot. "Really? That just might kill her."

His melodic laugh was the sountrack to the next moment as he returned my big grin. "Yeah. Just wait 'til I finish Recovery so I can spend the day with you two. "Aight, go get ready. Imma go get the girls up and ready. Chick-Fil-a for dinner?" He started to get up.

"Hell yes!"

"Good. I wanted to take them somewhere that had one of those play area things so it'd wear them out. That way, they'd pass out early so we can do our damn thing later tonight."

The heat rose in my cheeks as they turned a lovely shade of crimson. I picked up his pillow and hurled it at him as he left the room. "You're horrible!"

"Happy one month baby!" he called back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one :) comments?