Status: updating very, very slowly. I do apologise.

End Transmission.

4.

I awoke in the seedy motel room. Jade was cuddled up to my side with one arm over me. The room had damp in the corners, moth eaten curtains, some unusual stains on the floor and it absolutely reeked. Definitely not my usual scene. I’m not one for 5* hotels and being waited on hand and foot, but this was disgusting and I would definitely prefer a Hilton or something right now.

I carefully got out of bed and changed. I am not going in that bathroom whatsoever, no amount of money can make me either.
Honestly, I’m sure I’ve seen this exact room as a murder scene on CSI.

After a quick, what turned out to be, brunch; we pressed on towards Utah and our next stop of Colorado. I was to drive to Utah and Jade to Colorado after we remembered it was still our car and he was insured on it.
I bet you can guess how the first hour of the journey was spent can’t you?!

In complete and utter silence.

“Ok Jade, what’s your beef this time?”
“First off, I really detest the use of the word beef as a description for someone’s emotions. Second of all, you kissed me Davey.”
“Yeah, uh, doesn’t take a genius to work that out.”
“Why did you kiss me Davey?!”
“Because you apologised for everything and I’m still terribly in love with you.”
“You kissed me Davey.”
“Broken record syndrome!”

He looked at me with a complete pokerface before giggling like an idiot. He was like a love-struck teenager all over again.

“Davey that kiss was as perfect as every other kiss we’ve had. Maybe except the one where we didn’t know what we were doing. Y’know, the pretend first one.”
“I’m glad you felt the same way...I was scared I’d messed things up even more.”
“The only thing that could mess us up right now is a natural disaster or complete impending doom.”

I sincerely hope Jade isn’t one of these people that say things and then they happen. ‘Cause we’re pretty fucked if he is. What’s worse? Impending doom or a natural disaster? A natural disaster leading to impending doom? Ah Jesus.

A quick pit stop in Grand Junction lead to a half an hour drive trying to find something vegan. It’s a lot more difficult when you haven’t been somewhere before or for a number of years.

In the five years apart, I’d forgotten why Jade tends to walk places instead of driving. Maybe the impending doom was the fact he had to drive for the next eight and a bit hours.

“Jade please try to not kill me before we get to Colorado. They can at least fly my body home when we get there in pieces.”
“I am not that bad at driving! I just don’t do it that often because we live in California and it’s much nicer to walk”
“Because you’re a fucking terrible driver.”
“And possibly because of that...”

I turned my stereo on the turned up Madonna to wind him up. Sadly he started singing along to it. I guess I got out annoyed? He hates Madonna so I know he was only singing to piss me off when I only turned it on to piss him off in the first place.

Wow, go to sleep Davey. Hopefully you’ll wake up alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
563 words. Didn't wanna drag it out cos I'm leading up to something. :) x