Status: updating very, very slowly. I do apologise.

End Transmission.

6.

I woke up to blue and red lights swirling around my head. This could mean one thing, the cops.
Thankfully they were just here because the truck that nearly hit us ended up hitting four other cars and a van and they just needed a statement from us.

I got in the drivers seat and drove on to Denver to stop for food and a change of clothes. I also decided that it’s high time I drove again because I’m not going to get us killed. Hopefully.

“Jade, wake up.”
“Do I have to?”
“If you want food and to change your clothes yes, otherwise you go smelly and hungry.”
“Oh, ok. Give me like, a minute to wake up properly”

We found a nice little vegan joint for some food and coffee. I found myself watching his slight moves. He always twitched every time his phone went off because he was terrified it was his girlfriend.

“Jade you should just.... tell her the truth.”
“But she thinks I’m going to propose...”
“Tell her the fucking truth Jade. Grab your coffee, we’re headed for Iowa.”

He spent about 3 hours of the 10 hour drive on the phone to Marissa. She was yelling, he was being quiet, then he would yell and she would hang up.
It got to a point when he uttered two words I never thought he would.

It’s over.

He sat and sobbed in the passenger seat. I didn’t quite know what to say, I guess I could ask if he’s ok but that’s just the typical way of saying “hi I care about you but I don’t know what to say so I’m going to ask a stupid question and hope you answer it”.

“You ok...?”
“Yeah, I’m just crying ‘cos I didn’t think I’d be able to say that...”
I leant my hand across and held his tightly. It felt good to have his soft skin against mine again.

The next 7 hours of driving passed without incident. We spent most of the time holding hands and just, chatting. There wasn’t even a topic of conversation; it was just general chit chat.

God,I can’t wait for this drive to be over with. My ass is numb.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter because I haven't updated in a while and because I want this to be finished already :')