Does the Hero Get the Girl?

You Can('t) Feed Him Steel

Reba’s POV

Sunday Night

I don’t regret telling Gerard about Syn, and it’s true were just friends and I told Brian not to expect anything out of the dates, and he agreed but said he didn’t care, he liked me either way. Poor guy.

“Mommy? Why did daddy leave so fast?” Hannah asked as I was in the bathroom getting ready for my ‘date’. I really wish there was something better to call it, but there’s not, atleast not one I can think of.

“He had to…,” Did I really want to lie to my daughter? But the truth wasn’t very good either, ‘oh he thinks he might be losing me, so he lost it, that’s only it Hun.’ No not good. “He had to run an errand.” That’s a lot better, and besides as far as I know, he did.

“Mommy are you going out with Syn? Again?” She asked following me to my room and plopping down on the big black and red pillow top bed.

“Yes, I thought you said you liked Brian?” I stressed his name, you really shouldn’t give into stage names. A little dose of reality is what everyone needs every now and then.

“Yes, I like Synyster.” Hannah smiled as she mocked me. “But I like daddy too.” Her smile fell, as did mine.

“Hannah,” I sighed and stopped what I was doing, which was putting on my Chuck’s, and went over to the bed and sat next to her. “You know for being three, you’re very smart.”

“I read.” She smiled again.

“And watch a lot of television.” I smirked at her as I heard the doorbell ring, twice.

“Aunt Ali!” Hannah yelled and hopped off the bed and ran towards the front of the apartment. Mikey and Alicia were watching her tonight. Jamia and Frank, were going out on their own date.

I went out and saw that Hannah already opened the door and everyone was standing there, including Gerard.

“Gerard Arthur Way.” I didn’t yell it. But I said it most likely cold as ice. Everyone looked up from Hannah to see me, arms crossed glaring at Gerard.

“Reba,” Gerard spoke up and separated himself from the crowd. “Can we go talk in the bedroom?” He asked quietly. I looked behind him and saw that the door was still open and someone tall was back there, behind everyone else. Brian.

“I can’t. My date’s here.” I said and all the guys(the girls knew)looked back out the door, and looked Brian up and down with disgust. Gerard was the first to speak up,

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” To which he got no reply, and that sent him off. “What makes you think you can go out with my wife?”

“Gerard, I think you need to cool down, and take a look at Hannah.” Brian, who didn’t even look at Gerard, was looking at Hannah, whose terrified eyes were glued to her father’s monsterous expression. Gerard turned and looked down at Hannah and saw how scared she looked, and immediately he softened.

“Hannah-“ Before Gerard could say anything else, Hannah took off, back to her bedroom.

“Gerard, you are such a-a fuck up. Oh my god.” I said before turning around and heading back to the bedrooms, it wasn’t long before I knew which bedroom she was in. Mine.

“Hannah?” I asked, she wasn’t anywhere to be seen, but I did hear her.

“Under here.” A little hand waved itself from under the bed. I got on my hands and knees and squeezed myself under the bed next to her. Talk about ow.

“You know your daddy didn’t mean to scare you.” I told her, as she sniffled.

“He looked so-so scary.”

“I know.” Just then there were a pair of shoes in the doorway.

“Reba? Hannah?” Brian’s voice asked.

“We’re under the bed, Syn.” A smile formed on Hannah’s mouth at my mistake. Well anything to make her feel better. Suddenly I saw a pair of knees and hands then Brian’s head popped into view. And then he got on his stomach.

“Hey, there you guys are! I was wondering where my dates were.” Dates?

“What are you talking about Syn?” Hannah beat me to the punch.

“Well since everyone just took Gerard-“ He motioned me to cover up Hannah’s ears, I did so, much to her annoyance, but whatever. “-out in the hall and beat him up, they asked if I would watch you both.”

“Both? I don’t think I need watching.” I told him as I uncovered Han’s ears.

“So what did I miss?” She asked as if she weren’t interested.

“Oh nothing, just I’m your new babysitter.” Brian told her with a smile.

“Really? Oh man, I better go get dressed!” She got out from under the bed and ran out of the room, as we laughed.

“I guess we better change the movie then.” I said as I pushed myself out from under the bed, and Brian came got up and then came over and helped me up.

“Yeah, something PG.” He walked out of the room behind me, as I headed to Hannah’s room she popped out of it.

“Mommy I’m all dressed!” And she was, in the same outfit she was wearing five minutes ago, except now she was wearing a coat and shoes.

“Yes you are.” I laughed and Brian went up to her and picked her up, and she giggled. I guess that fight was long gone, at least to her, and that was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly, what's there to say? Well other than I hope you enjoyed this because it's nearly 3 Word pages long and I yawned all through writing it. Well I'm off to update all of my other stories. Sorry it took forever.
<33

xoxo
reba rotten