Does the Hero Get the Girl?

Your World, It Brings Me Down

Gerard’s POV

I thought about what Frank had said and he was right. He wasn’t the one that I needed to talk to about Reba. I needed to talk to Reba, about Reba. But the way she looked and acted this morning, I knew she needed her space. So I had to give her that space, or I’ll just drive her farther away. And believe me, I don’t want that. So I’ll wait till tomorrow to talk to her.

Sunday

After begging and pleading with Frank, he had finally given me the address to Reba apartment, under one condition that I not become a crazy stalker. Frank always knows how to make a serious situation funny.

I got to apartment G2 (yeah 7 floor, apartment 2) and was about to knock on the door, when it, well opened.

“Hannah, you’re not going without your…” Reba had Hannah around the middle as she wrestled a yellow rain hat on her. It had looked like rain outside. “What are you doing here?”

“Daddy!” Hannah jumped out of Reba’s arms, which went limp, upon seeing me. I immediately picked her up, it seemed like it had been forever since I had last seen her.

“Hey Hannah Bear!” I called her by the old nickname and she scrunched her nose up at it.

“Daddy, I’m too old for that now.” She tried to sound like a grown up.

“Oh really?” I asked her then starting to tickle her.

”Really.” She said in between giggles.

“Okay. Stop, Gerard.” Reba finally spoke up. I looked up to see her with her arms crossed and another sad expression.

“Mommy’s mad at you.” Hannah said from my arms.

“Yeah, I know.” I kissed her forehead and put her down.

“I think you should take mommy on a date, like Brian.” Hannah said while walking back to Reba.

“What? What did she say?!” I asked Reba.

“Hannah, Hun, go play with your toys for a sec while mommy and daddy talk.” Reba said and Hannah nodded then ran to a back room.

“Who the fuck’s Brian?” I asked once I knew Hannah couldn’t hear.

“We’re legally separated, we can see other people.” Reba moved from the doorway and sat down in a chair that faced the door. I stayed where I stood. My eyes darted around in my head looking for an answer, I couldn’t find one.

“But the other night?” I must sound like a girl, pleading like this.

“I don’t regret it.” She said, but she didn’t look at me.

“Who is he?”

“Ever hear of Avenged Sevenfold?” I nodded, against my own better judgment. “Gerard, he’s just a friend. He asked me out, I accepted. Nothing happened.” You can bet how glad I was to hear that. “I’m going out with him again though.”

I think you could literally hear my heart hit the floor, and I ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH! betcha didn't see that coming know did you?
and so sorry my lovelies about the long wait, school as you know, does take up quite a bit of my time and then i have to go and see my friends in the outside world.
And my choice of Mr. Haner? eh, it was actually random.
<3333