Does the Hero Get the Girl?

Who'd Rather Die Young

Reba’s POV
Friday Night

“Mommy, where are you and Aunt Ali going?” Hannah asked as I tried to fix my hair for about the billionth time, I think I might be getting old, fuck.

“Hun, we’re going to a concert,” I looked down at her; she smiled up at me and giggled. Damn I really must be getting old because she sure is growing up fast. I smiled and decided to give up on my hair just as the doorbell rang. I was still fascinated with how that had worked out and it did this barbershop quartet thing and sung, ‘Ding, ding, Dong, dong.’

“Mommy, if it’s a concert…whose playing, it can’t be daddy, you’re mad at him. Is it one of daddy’s friends? Is it Uncle Frankie? Or Uncle Geoff?” Hannah asked walking behind me as I went to go answer the door.

“No it’s not one of your uncles, it’s a band called Kill Hannah,” I turned around to see her expression. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were wide. “It has nothing to do with you, don’t worry,” She nodded and I went back to answering the door.

“Well hello, is there a Ms. Hannah here that needs watching?” Frank asked brightly with a smile as Hannah come rushing up behind to return the smile.

“Hi Frankie!” She said then reached her arms up, signaling to Frank to pick her up.

“Frank, you know she’s gonna get to big for that soon.” I told him before moving to the side to let him and Mikey, who stood to the side patient (unlike Frank), inside the apartment.

“Never.” Frank smiled before Hannah instructed him to head for the toy room.

“Uh, Reba?” Mikey asked, calling me back to where he stood just in front of the door that was still open.

“What is it Mikes?”

“Nothing, other then Alicia is waiting for you downstairs.” He smiled brightly, kind of odd.

“Uh, okay, you guys know the rules: No horror stories right before behind, No tour stories, A bath is necessary, and no junk food or beer till after she’s asleep,” I said then grabbed my coat.

“Okay.” Mikey disappeared into the kitchen and I walked back into the toy room.

“Hannah, mommy’s leaving,” I called to her and she looked up at me from where her and Frank were playing with X-Men and Spiderman action figures, before coming up and hugging me. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Okay, love you mommy.” She kissed my cheek then went back to her spot on the floor and picked up her Wolverine action figure.

“Love you too.” I said to her then walk out of the door knowing she was in capable hands.

I saw Alicia sitting in a cab outside. I stopped when I saw her sitting in there, I had to process it before I could move, I guess.

“Way aren’t you in your car?” I asked her as I hopped in the other side of the cab. Before she answered me, she gave the cabbie the directions of the arena that Kill Hannah was playing at.

“Because it’s a lot easier this way, and you know that the guys can just give us a ride home later,” She said matter-of-factly. I nodded, it did make sense. The arena was even that far away, by car atleast, and we were there in less then 8 minutes. Ali paid the cabbie for both trips and we walked in.

“I feel like I haven’t been to a concert in forever!” Ali yelled over some music that was playing by the backing band, they were called Nightmare Of You. I had heard of them and they were really good.

“Me neither, just think the guys are gonna be on tour soon,” And that’s when I remembered the announcement that had been posted on the web site, the excitement that had been plastered on my face fell and was replaced with a frown.

“Oh, come on. Mikey said that Gerard had stopped by earlier this week, and that he made the announcement because he’s getting help. AA meetings and he’s going back to his therapist,” I looked at Alicia, shocked by what I had heard. Why hadn’t Gerard called and try to tell me this himself? “Don’t thing about it now though, it’ll just get you mad and upset.”

I nodded, and we headed farther into the concert.
♠ ♠ ♠
*goofy ass smile*
omg and did you hear/read about Frank and Jamia Finally tying the knot? They did it sunday.
<3

xoxo
reba rotten