Does the Hero Get the Girl?

Inside You Were Suffering

Reba’s POV

The Next Morning

I started to wake up and felt an arm tightly wrapped around me. I immediately opened my eyes and glanced to the right and saw Gerard’s sleeping form in between the pillow and the comforter. I began to feel guilty about what must have happened and started to try to wiggle out of his grasp but he just opened his eyes and smiled.

“Good Morning.” He said and pulled himself up, letting go of me in the process. I took the chance to grab the comforter, wrap it around myself and jump out of the bed and make a quick dash for the bathroom.

“Re, what’s wrong?” Gerard called from the opposite side of the bathroom door, but I didn’t answer him, I saw that my clothes were on the floor and grabbed them and started to throw them on.

“Reba?” He asked again as I came out of the bathroom, this time fully clothed. I ignored him again, that is until he grabbed my arm. “Where are you going?”

“Home, to my daughter.” I pulled out of the all too familiar, uncomfortable grasp and went to find my shoes. They were under the bed along with an unused condom packet. I grimaced at it and came back out from under the bed.

Gerard didn’t say anything else to me as I got the rest of my things and went to the living to use my phone to call Jamia to see if she could come pick me up, I didn’t really feel like being interrogated by Ali this early in the morning.

“’Ello?” Frank answered the phone, shit.

“Hey Frankie, can I talking to Jami?” I asked nervously, usually Jami answered the phone, that is, unless she’s not there.

“She’s not here Re. What’s up?” Frank asked casually, as if it was no big deal, too bad it actually was.

“I need a ride.”

“Why can’t I give you a ride?” He asked this like it was a stupid question.

“Uh… I…”

“Your not at home, I know, remember? Me and Mikey were watching Hannah. We all know Re.” He didn’t sound accusing, and he didn’t sound judgmental, he sounded just, just Frankie.

“Can you come get me?” I looked over my shoulder and saw Gerard standing there, how long had he been standing there?

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a few.” Click.

I turned around and snapped my phone shut. I glanced up and made some sort of eye contact with him, I guess that’s good. I mean we can’t just not talk. I should talk to him right?

“Gerard-“

“Reba, I know what you’re going to say. That I made us move to fast and that-“

“Would you quit cutting me off and let me fucking talk? Gerard I’m sorry for not speaking to you earlier, it just freaked me out to just wake up in bed with you, like- like…”

“Like we used to?” He offered.

“Yeah.”

“I think we might have grew up too fast.”

“What do you mean?”

“Us, I mean we tried to that things on so quickly and look were there got us.”

“I think we’re doing okay.”

“But I don’t wanna be just okay.” I looked at him and then shook my head. I heard a car horn from outside and went for the door. “Reba, can we start over?” I laughed at that.

“Start over? We’re already married and have a kid, how can we start over?” I looked at him doubtfully, but nonetheless he looked back hopefully.

“We can do it. Trust me.” He paused. “We can start with that. Trust me.”

I nodded then opened the door and walked to Frank’s SUV.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy St. Patrick's Day
lol i bet your very happy Becca!
<3

xoxo
reba rotten