Stairway To Heaven

Painting

I woke up with a sharp pain on my right cheek. I opened my eyes to realize that I was lying on the kitchen tile. I sat up and almost instantly, my head started to spin. I gripped it tightly, in attempt to make it stop hurting. Getting to my feet was much harder the usual too. I staggered a little bit and gripped onto the table for support. I turned my head to check the wall clock. Shit it’s 7:20, Ashley and I have to get to work at 8:00. I staggered into the rooms mindlessly trying to find Ashley. When I stumbled into the bathroom, I found Jimmy and Ashley sleeping peacefully on the tile together. I nudged Ashley with my foot. All she did was groan at me. Figuring that I didn’t’ have enough time to wake her up gently, I turned on the bathroom sink and started to splash the two wasted people lying on my bathroom floor. That seemed to work, because Ashley shook her head and threw a couple curses my way. I explained to her that we have work. I stepped out of the bathroom to let Ashley get ready. I wandered to the kitchen and started to make some coffee, since it always seems to help hangovers. While that was boiling, I drank a couple glasses of water to clear my head.

“Morning sunshine,” a groggy voice entered my ears. I turned to see who my greeter was it was Jimmy in all his glory. He only had a pair of damp boxers on. Ashley must have roused him and got him out of the bathroom.

“Morning to you to you too,” I greeted warmly. The coffee machine beeped at me to tell me that the coffee was ready.

“Coffee” I offered.

He looked at me and sat into one of the kitchen chairs, “Ya, thanks.”

I handed him a mug filled with black coffee and made my way to the bathroom. Relived that Ashley was finished, I started my morning rituals. When I finished was refreshed I entered my bedroom to find my boyfriend sleeping on my bed. I smiled to myself. He’s so cute when he sleeps. I kissed his forehead gently, being careful not to wake him. I continued to get dressed and blow-dried my hair. I warmed my flat iron up and fixed my eyeliner and eye shadow. Finishing my hair, I scribbled a note to Zacky and left it on my nightstand. I poked my head into Natalie’s room and found her in bed with Syn.

I shook her awake, “Hey” I whispered to her.

She stretched and smiled.

“Put some clothes on and kick Brian out of your bed before Kyren arrives to check on you."

She widened her eyes and noticed were she was and what must have happened.

“I’ll talk to you when I get back from work ok? You and the guys are going to be at the house right, painting.” She nodded her head. Noticing the clock, I hurried to find Ashley and go to work.

Zacky’s POV

I yawned and felt the bed next to me. Not feeling the warm body of my girlfriend, I furrowed my eyebrows and squinted into the sun light room. I shook my head and peered into the room. I spotted a note on Amii’s nightstand that was addressed to me. I picked it up and read it. It said:

Morning Zacky,
I never made it to bed last night, sorry about that. I had to go to work and I didn’t want to wake you. You looked so cute sleeping there, drooling on my pillow. Anyway, Nat said that you are painting the house today with her and the guys. I will be there after work to help.
Lots of hugs and kisses,
Amii xoxo

Out of instinct, I checked the pillow to se if I really did drool on her pillow. Nope I’m good, not even the smallest bit of wetness. I stretched my arms out and shuffled into the bathroom to take a much-needed shower. I just let the hot water impale me. I’m not sure why I want to be burned so badly today. I snapped out of whatever I was thinking and continued to wash my hair. When I was done, I wrapped a blue fuzzy towel around my waist and searched for my toothbrush in the shelf behind the mirror. Hmm creams, toothpaste, nail clippers, Nat’s and Amii’s toothbrushes. Were the fuck did I put mine? After about 3 minutes of digging through the shelves, I gave up. I squeezed some citrus toothpaste onto my finger and brushed. Hey, it was better than nothing. I spit it out and washed my hands. I rummaged for clothes in Amii’s room. No, I wasn’t going to wear her clothes because then people would call me a fag. I did find one of my shirts that Amii seized from me when she was at my place. I pulled it over my head and slipped on a pair of boxers and the pants for yesterday. Satisfied with myself, I don’t mind a little bed head, I headed to the kitchen to grab some food.

I spotted Natalie on the couch starring at a blank TV. “Hey Nat,” I called out cheerfully.

She didn’t respond. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked over to her. I sat next to her and checked for a pulse. Ya I know it sounds over dramatic but hey, what if that was the case. Thank fuck it wasn’t, and there was a pulse beating abnormally fast.

“Nat,” I whispered to her. This time she did respond, but she burst into tears.

“Shh, it’s ok, Zacky’s here.” I rubbed her back and tried to comfort her.

“Zacky I… I did something bad last night,” She coughed out in hiccups between sobs.

“I’m sure it wasn’t…”

She cut me off “No it… It was baaad,” Her state was worsening with every word she pronounced.

“It’s ok Nat, what did you do that was so bad?” I said in a comforting tone.

“I had… I did… I fucked up bad. I.. I love him Zacky I don’t know why I did it.” she buried her head into my chest. I continued to move my hand up and down her back.

“I love Kyren I love him so much… I didn’t mean what I did last night.”

I shook my head, “What did you do sweetheart?” She was wetting my shirt with all of her tears but I didn’t mind.

“I had sex with Brian.” With that I stopped rubbing and starred at her.

Biting my tongue so I couldn’t say anything hurtful. “It’s okay; we were all wasted last night. I mean did you see Amii. She was a complete disaster.”

That seemed to work; Natalie started to smile and slowed her hiccup breaths. “That was pretty funny”

“Like fuck it was” I tried to make my voice sound excited for her sake. Then we just sat there for a good 10 minutes letting her breathing return to normal.

“Thanks Zacky, I really needed that.” A smile trickled across her face.

“Hey, no problem what are friends for? Just don’t tell the guys, know one needs to know that Zacky Vengeance has a soft side.

"She just laughed at me, “Zacky Vengeance might not have a soft side but Zack Baker might.” She started to get up,

“Fine, yes Zack Baker has a soft side.” I decided to just give this one up.

“Ok well go find everyone and get them in the kitchen for breakfast because we should really get going if we don’t want to be scraping and painting all day.” With that, she flicked her wrist at me motioning for me to leave.

I ducked into all of the rooms (which wasn’t very many considering that it was an apartment) to find most of the guys laying around still sleeping. A flush of a toilet met my ears and Jimmy came out of the bathroom scratching the back of his head. Well one down 3 more to go.

“Morning,” Jimmy yawned,

“Morning Sunshine.” I returned, but Jimmy just flipped me off. I shrugged and shook Brian a couple times.

“Wake up Brian” I joked in a girly voice.

He rolled over and smiled, “5 more minutes.” Noticing that his eyes were not open yet I took this to my advantage, and continued using my girly voice.

“Well, ok but I’m horny as ever and you wouldn’t want to waste that, now would you.” With that Brian's eyes shot opened and turned to face me. I smiled a cheesy smile at him.

He pouted and narrowed his eyes at me, “dick head.”

I shook my head, “now that wasn’t very nice now was it?” I started to laugh when the irritated Brian threw a pillow at me.

“What if I was actually a horny girl? You wouldn’t throw pillows at me then, would you?” I smiled and pouted again.

“If you were actually a horny girl then I would be fucking you brains out right now.”

I laughed at him again, “Well you gotta get your lazy ass out of bed because we get to paint today and I am under strict orders to wake everyone up.” Brian groaned and rolled out of Natalie’s bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah Zacky's a funny one