Stairway To Heaven

Bar Junkies

Day of leaving to MA

I finished folding my last article of clothing and zipped it into my over packed duffle bag. Singing a little song in to myself and happy thoughts in my heart. I flipped my radio on and music blasted through the speakers. I shook my hips to the drumbeat of a song I didn’t know the name to, as I grabbed my bathroom supplies to stash into a hand bag. There was a knock on my bedroom door.

“It’s unlocked,” I called out.

The knob turned and Zacky’s face pocked put from around the door. “You got a minute?”

“For you, always”

A big dorky smile spread across his face. “Me and the guys were thinking and… well since we were thinking of a way to promote our new cd [the new self titled one incase you were wondering =D], and you guys are going to resume touring,”

“Are you saying that you guys are going to come tour with us?” I asked with a huge smile plastered on my face.

“Ya I guess so.”

“Zacky that’s so awesome!” I screamed and wrapped my arms around this neck panting a big kiss on his lips.

“Ya we can use our own bus and stuff” He continued.

“Sounds cool, but does that mean we don't get nights together?” I gave him a pair of puppy dog eyes.

“Well, you can sleep with me in my bunk.” He smirked, “So you in or are you out?” He got to the point to make sure I really wanted to do this.

“I guess I’m in” I answered

He gave me a big hug and a quick kiss. So we’ll meet in Boston with the gear?” he confirmed.

“Sounds good,”

“Ok good I’ll talk to you later cause I have a plane to catch, see ya baby,” Zacky leaned in and played with my tongue for a minute of two then he was off.

Arriving in Boston

“Wow look at it it’s all… east coasty and stuff” Jason was making one of his smartass remarks again, well I don’t know a time when he wasn’t doing that.

We were picking our baggage up and meeting Steve in the front of the airport with a good old bus. We shoved all of our stuff into the extra bunk and filed in.

“Where’re we meeting the others?” Natalie spoke up after about 5 minutes driving.

“Uh, Jimmy said they will be here late tomorrow night.” Dave answered her question.

“Again, where are we meeting them?”

“I don’t know I think they are going to call us or something.”

We did all of our gig preparing stuff and were off to head to a bar. Dave cranked up the radio when he heard ‘Down with the Sickness’ by Disturbed on the radio. We were all rockin’ out and having a pretty good time singing along to every single word. Jake even played a little air guitar for us. Then when the song was over a commercial announcing which radio station it was, played. The DJ started to speak almost immediately after the commercial was over. She said something about ‘the word on the street’ and we heard Matt’s voice start to talk. Almost as on cue, everyone looked at each other and turned the radio up. We could tell that it was a previous recording because an announcer’s voice kept butting in:
“Hey this is M. Shaddows form Avenged Sevenfold and Me and the guys will be rocking the stage at the Tweeter center… [fuchsia=X]December 14 with up and coming band Calm Before The Storm… and WAAF will be there backstage covering the show. Listen and win VIP tickets to hang with the guys, and meet the new rockers taking MA by storm.[/fuchsia]

We all just starred at each other, this was a first for us, and we didn’t know that our band was becoming so successful that we were being aired on radio, and it said that the band was taking MA by storm? That was ridicules. After that announcement our single, ‘Close your eye’ started to play.

“Damn this is so fucking cool, get the name of the radio station so we can call in and stuff, you know for sometime when we’re bored on the road.” Jason called out.

We all nodded our heads in agreement.

It was about 9:00 and we all planted ourselves in a not so busy bar to settle down and have a couple drinks. The bar was nothing fancy. It had a bar, some booths, and pinball machines in a corner. Personally, I was glad to be in a simple place. It brought me back to when Jason and me would go into bars with our fake ID and screw around until they figured out that we were only 17. Those were the good old days, the simple days. I’m not saying that I don’t enjoy life now but, life just goes by too fast.
It was safe to say that a couple of us (Jason, Jake, and me) got a little tipsy. But hey, I haven’t gotten drunk in two months so I was due. Natalie ushered us the bus and we all drifted into a dreamless sleep.

I squinted into the morning sun. It was hard to wake up, like it is every morning. I rolled onto my side and checked the time. I huffed and picked myself out of bed since I couldn’t see the clock over my pile of clothes. One, two feet on the ground, I wobbled a bit but quickly regained my balance. I staggered and checked the time, ugh its 11:00am. I took my shower and blow-dried my hair. I stepped back out into our hallway were everyone was sleeping. I pulled the towel around me tighter when I heard Jake stir and mumble some choice words. I quickly hurried to my suitcase and pulled out some clothes as the delirious Jake rose from his bed like a zombie. He turned his head to look at me; he squinted and held his head in his hands. He was suffering from a hangover from last night, we all were.

“Morning sleepy head.” I said and walked into the bathroom to finish my morning routine. I decided that I was going to take a walk around Boston today. Like you know do a little sight seeing, window shop, explore. If I left now then I could hustle Jake along with me.

“Jake,” I hissed so I wouldn’t wake everyone up.

“huh,”

“I’m going to walk around Boston, you wanna come?”

He shrugged, “sure”

“Ok well I’m leaving soon so go take your shower.”

I applied my makeup in a compact mirror as Jake cleaned himself. I pulled on a blue hoodie that I attached black studs to make it look cooler. Jake finished up and threw on some jeans and a jacket.

We strolled outside and wandered around aimlessly for about an hour, window-shopping and discussing various topics. Eventually we got ourselves lost in the maze like city.

“Where are we?” I thought out load.

All of a sudden, unexpectedly a man in a black jacket and something that looked suspiciously like a gun jumped out in front of us.

“Give me your wallet” the man in black said with a raspy voice and pointed a gun at Jake.
He dug his hands into his pants pocket and threw it to him. The man looked inside Jakes wallet and threw it aside.

“There’s 5 bucks, where’s your money?” the man was getting more angry be the second.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahh the story os ending quickly