Stairway To Heaven

Sidewalk Hottie

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry.” I managed to somehow sputter out. He looked familiar. I just couldn’t place were I have seen him before. Maybe he was a frequent customer at the super market I worked at.

“Oh it’s no problem,” the guy said shyly. “My names Zack by the way” We made eye contact and he shook my hand.

“Does this mysterious ‘Zack’ have a last name?” I tried to sound as seductive as possible.

He laughed “Ya, it’s Baker, Zack Baker. Now, does this attractive young lady have a name?”
I blushed pretty badly and laughed. “My name is Amelia Brea, more commonly known as Amii.” I still could not place were I’ve seen him. He just looks to god damn familiar.

“So in the case of nicknames, I am more commonly known as Zacky by friends and fans. I tilted my head to the side and gave him a confused look.

“Oh my god” I whispered to myself. He must have heard me because he looked at me. I know were I have seen him before. He was one of the guitarists in the new band Avenged Sevenfold. He must be up in Seattle on tour or something. I didn’t want to tell him that I knew who he is because I didn’t want to sound like a groupie.

“Hey what are you doing tomorrow afternoon” He broke my train of thought.

“Um nothing, why,” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“I’m about to ask you out to lunch if you don’t mind.” He was sounding a little too cocky for his own good. I didn’t want to turn it down though.

“Ok” It was simple but affective.

He smiled and asked, “Do you know any good restaurants around her, because I’m new.”

“Only if you like Mexican food.” I smiled at him, I for one loved Mexican food with all my heart, well most of it at least.

“Thank God I do too,” It was his turn to smile now.

“Well, there is a restaurant called the Mad Cactus we could go to, say after I get on break, which is around 1:00.”

“Sounds good to me” I started to walk away but I was interrupted. “Wait, I didn’t get you number.”

Duh, I mentally punished myself for being so stupid. “I don’t have a pen, do you?” I asked.
“Wait one sec…” He rummaged through his pant’s pockets. He took out a black sharpie. “Sorry all I have is this.”

“Eh, its’ okay, just right it on my arm.” He scribbled him number on my arm, and I did the same. “Okay see you tomorrow at 1:00 at the Mad Cactus.” That is a habit I had. Whenever I make plans with someone, I always repeat it over again so just to be clear. I do that because one time I thought that Jason said to go somewhere, but I was thinking of a different place then him so we turned up in totally different towns. It is a good story to tell people, but I don’t want to have that happen again. I waved at him and he smiled back at me.

I unlocked the apartment door singing Le Disco by Shiny Toy Guns, to myself. I found Natalie and Jake sitting at the table eating cereal. Why they were eating cereal at 4:30pm, I have know idea.

“Hey guys, what’s up?”

Natalie noticed my big dorky smile was still plastered on my face, and she smirked at me. “I think we should be asking should be asking you.” I looked at her.

“Just because everyone wants to here about Amelia's wonderful day, is that right?” Jake said sarcastically, then taking another bite of his cereal.

“Ha, Ha real funny Jake.” I returned blandly.

“Shut up Jake, I want to know, Amii tell me please,” Natalie whined.

“Well... I met someone…¬”

“Oh great now we get to hear about Amii’s sex life.” Jake cut me off still in his same sarcastic tone.

I ignored it this time. “His name is Zack and I am seeing him for lunch tomorrow.” I stuck my tongue out at Jake. He returned by sticking his tongue out and at the same time flipping me off.

“Well isn’t Mr. Corbin (Jake’s last name) being just a ray of sunshine today?” I said also sarcastically, with a tint of smartassness.

Natalie squealed at me “Amii has a boyfriend”

“Not a boyfriend, I have a date. You know it may not work out.” I corrected her.

“Oh ya, I almost forgot, do you notice anything different about Jake?” she said proudly

“You mean his unusual bitterness?”
“Noooo…”

I took a good look at Jake. “A ha, his hair is different, very different.”

"Bingo" she had a proud smile on.

His hair was cut into a faux hawk with the middle part bleached blond and the sides darkened so they were black. “Jakey looks hot.” I grinned.

He laughed at me “Well sorry you can’t have your way with me tonight because I’m going to be busy, I have to go meet Emily in like 10 minutes.” Emily was his girlfriend, by the way incase anyone was wondering.

“Ok have fun” I called after him as the door closed. Natalie turned towered me focusing all her attention on me. “Ok tell me all about this Zack.”