Stairway To Heaven

Flash Photos

** 8:04am 2 weeks later**
Amillia’s POV

‘I tried, she said as she walked away; try not to lose you…..’

What the hell? Oh ya, today is the day that we record our CD. I have been waiting for this day since we started writing songs for it, which was a year ago. That must be my ihome waking me up right now. Have been listening a lot to avenged sevenfold a lot lately, mainly because I am dating one of the guitarists. Ya, I decided to go on a second date and now we are a full-fledged couple. My head is pounding hard from partying last night. Zacky brought the rest of the gang to meet us. I have to say that they are a pretty awesome group of guys. I talked to Johnny all night about music and those types of things. Johnny and I are becoming fast friends, and Brian (also known as Syn) was hitting on Natalie all night long. I mean who couldn’t love a natural electric blond. Even though she did dye, the bottom layer black and put hot pink fringe all over her head.

I blinked a couple times and decided to make my way over to the bathroom. I took my shower and dried my hair. By then Natalie was up and shuffling around. She opened up the bathroom door (thank God I had a towel rapped around me)

“Good morning sunshine!” I called out to her cheerfully.

She mumbled something unintelligible at me and got into the shower. I gave her some privacy and left to grab some clothes. I just picked out something comfy because for the photo shoot, they always change your hair and clothes around so what is the point. When I was done Natalie called out something about making toast so, that is what I did.

**9:15** in Jakes truck

We have been on the road for about 10 minutes now. Jake and Dave were chatting about something up in front. That left Nat, Jason, and me to be shoved in the back seat. Jason’s philosophy was to but the smallest in the middle, so guess who was stuck in the middle. Ya that’s right, me. Jason was asleep on my shoulder. His liberty spikes were poking me in the face, so I moved his head down to my lap. Good, no more pokey hair in face.

***********
I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to something wet and slime running down my face, to the tip of my nose.

I heard Natalie squeal “Ew! Jason stop that she’s has to be awake, just stop.”

With that, I shot my eyes open to see Jason standing in front of me smirking.

“I told you it would work. Damn Amii, in the 20 years that I have known you, you have not slept this heavy". Natalie ran over to me and rubbed my face with a cloth. “Jason was fucking licking your face to wake you up. I told him not to, but he did anyway.” I have been best friends with Jason since I was in kindergarten and I am 22 years old now. Therefore, it is safe to say that I have known him the longest. I shot him a mean look.

“Okay everyone I am going to go inside and organize everything out while you guys unload the equipment.” Dave was the unspoken leader. He was the oldest and most organized out of all of us, so there was no problem when he just randomly took charge of things.

We finished the songs. We are now organizing them in an order with this ‘professional’ soundboard dude. The photo people ushered Nat and I way to go do hair and make up. The gist of what happened was that they put Nat and me in slutty- punk- prostitute clothes. I was in red and black and she was in pink and black. They had us pose together for one of the pictures. There was a plain black background with a black box in the middle of it. Apparently, when you took the picture you couldn’t really see the box too much. They had me sit on the box and had Nat put her spike-heeled foot up on the box behind me. I guess I was supposed to look hot, seductive, and easy. While she was supposed to be, innocent but naughty. They adjusted us around and took a couple of pictures until they were satisfied. Then they did a couple pictures of just Natalie. I looked over the camera operator’s shoulder and it looked cool. The black clothing blended in with the background. Therefore, the pink stood out in her clothes and hair really well. Then the dragged me onset and gave me a bloody guitar. I was told to strike a pose with it. I picked it up by the neck like an ax and pretended to smash it against the ground. That apparently gave the director an idea. He gave me a guitar that felt like it would fall apart if a feather fell on it. Then I was told to smash it on the ground. When I did that, the guitar’s pieces flew everywhere. He was satisfied. By then the boys were ready.

“Wow Amii, someone has anger issues.” Jake called out to me.

We all laughed. The director had all of us stand together in an bloody background with roses and guns all over the ground. I picked up a gun and did a secret agent pose. Nat picked up one of the bloody roses and held it next to her heart. Flash! The picture was done. The girls were told to go back to dressing rooms to undress and stuff. We went back into the photo room and they let us screw around with the props and took random funny pictures of us. After a couple of minutes later, I noticed that Dave disappeared.

“hey guys, were did Dave go?” I asked.

“It’s done, the CD is done! All the artwork and song mixing is finally finished!” He had a proud smile spread across his face. The CD looked like this: the cover was a picture of a somewhat peaceful looking red sun over and ocean. In the water part, was Calm before the Storm, Ever Dying Light. Ever Dying Light was the name of the CD. In the inside were you would normally put the CD, was a candid picture of us throwing paint at each other. Then inside the place were the lyrics and stuff were the pictures of first, Nat and me, then Dave, Jake, Nat, Jason, then lastly me. Those pictures turned out awesome. They gave us the CD for keeps and said that they will release the CD in 3 weeks. Now the advertising would start.

**6:37pm** Jakes truck

I had an hour ride ahead if me so I checked my messages on my cell. There were 4 of them. The first was from Ashley telling me how much work sucks. The second was from Zacky and the others all yelling good luck into the phone. The third was from Zacky again just calling to see if I had time to talk. The fourth was a text from Jason stating that dressing rooms suck and he was sitting there for ten minutes as the girl that was fixing his make up and hair was finished. I looked over to him and smiled. He grinned back at me and nestled his head into my neck. Thank God, this day was over.