Status: Slow Active

Please Don't Stop the Music

Her Little Secret

Point Of View: Bianca Renee Hewitt

I don’t know why I’m thinking about this, now of all times. But I guess it gives me relief. I’m staring up at the ceiling as tears pour down my cheeks. I won’t even tell you what’s going on right now. It’d make your stomach twist. So instead of thinking about it, I just close my eyes, squeezing them shut. I wish I could have stayed with Rain.

Rain. The one friend I’ve had since kindergarten. She’s always been there for me. Although we were both painfully shy in our elementary days, she grew out of it, and mine got worse- for obvious reasons. She’s basically the only one I have full conversations with. Sure, I talk to other people, just not much, and only when I really have to. Though, I love being nice and helping out. I can still remember the day that Rain and I met…

“Alright, class! Welcome to your first day of kindergarten!! My name is Mrs. Miller. Can you kids please sit around in a circle?”

I stood there, blue eyes hidden by long, blond bangs. Hair in ponytails on either side of my head. I was in my favorite and best outfit, or at least to a five year old’s mind. A purple skort, a white spaghetti strapped tank top with a purple heart on it. The teacher called over to me several times, but I wouldn’t move. I just continued to stare down at my purple Carebear sandals.

Staring down at the floor, I suddenly noticed matching shoes standing in front of me. I slowly lifted my bright blue eyes and found myself blinking at another blond girl who had a tiny, shy smile on her face.

“I’m Rain! We have matching shoes,” she said in a soft voice. She hadn’t spoken to anyone else either.

I let out a little sniffle and blinked my wet eyes. “Bianca.” The name came out as barely a whisper. We held hands after that and quietly played hopscotch with another girl at recess.


Another memory follows soon after that.

They’re making fun of us. Since we’re so quiet and we only hang around each other. They’re all so mean. And now that I’m crying, they poke more fun. Why are they so mean? What’d we’d do?

“Hey! Leave them alone!”

Rain and I look over, peeking up at an older boy. I think his name is Landon. The other kids stop and give him a funny look. Then, Jason breaks out of the crowd.

“Oh, shut up Landon! You know they’re just freaks.” He sneered. I don’t like him. He’s a big jerk who picks on everyone.

“You shut up! You’re an idiot.” I watch with wide eyes as Landon shoves him and then turns to us with bright brown eyes and a warm smile.

All of a sudden, he’s tugging on my hand and shooting a dark look towards the other kids. I wrap my fingers around Rain’s and tug her with me as he leads us away. I blink in surprise as he brushes away my tears and then smiles brightly.

“Those guys are just jerks. You gotta ignore them. You’re not freaks. You’re cute.” He pokes my nose and I blink in surprise, my little mouth hanging open.

I blush a bright red. In my tiniest voice, I give him a thank you. He just shrugs and then he’s gone.


I suppose that’s the first day I really fell for Landon Michaels.

*****

Five minutes later, its all over. I’m curled up on my side on the bed, holding onto that bright memory of Landon’s warm smile. Him telling me I’m cute, that I’m not a freak. It’s the only thing that keeps me going some days. Not that he knew that. Not that he’d ever know.

I wipe at my tears and push a shaky smile on my face as I pull back on my pajama pants and my tank top. I curl back up beneath my blankets, and somehow, I know that this will all be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! Last update for this story today. Hope you all enjoy it. :3 Its terribly sad, but you get to find out something else about Bianca. ;)

Comments would be appreciated.
Thanks to the subscriber!

xx
Cortnie