‹ Prequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Fifquel?

Rain Gently Tapping Against My Skin

Chapter Twenty-Four: Dad?!

Vonnie swims easily through the water. I stay behind with Uncle Kevin, even though I could easily keep up with Vonnie.

“Where is she going, Jesse?” Kevin asks, as it seems that he looses sight of her.

“To make sure —,” I heard Vonnie screaming. Kevin and I go speeding in the direction. “VONNIE!!!!!”

“SCARLETT!!!!” Kevin yells.

“TEDDY!!!!! UNCLE KEVIN!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!”

We finally come to the end of the river, racing through dark tunnels to save my little sister. I don’t know what I’d do without her. She’s my best friend! We know everything about each other. We’ve been through everything together.

As we finally reach Vonnie, I saw something I will never forget. Melody was chained and unconscious against a dirt-wall, which was where Uncle Kevin ran to. Vonnie was next to her, which I immediately freed her.

But then Dad showed up.

“Get you and your sister out of here, Jesse Theodore Andrews,” Dad growls.

“No,” Vonnie says, as I try pushing her away from here. “YOU HURT HER!!!!!”

My head was spinning, as fire erupted all around thanks to Vonnie. “Stop it! Lets get you out of here!” I think sternly. But, she didn’t listen. She continued attacking our Dad.

Wait — Dad?!