All you have to do is shout it out.

FOURTEEN

People were staring at her through the slits of their doorways, eyes wide and fearful. What was the lone woman in the corridor doing? Was she good or was she evil? A better question yet; was she sane? An awkward silence settled over, before she spoke. “Uhm, this is all a dream. You’re all dreaming. And you will wake up….now!” she held her hands up for dramatic effect as she herself changed back.

The people continued to stare, a lone voice speaking out. “That’s a bunch of bull shit.”

“Right…hum, you’re all on extremely sedative sedatives and you’re on a high.”

“Call your bluff,” another called out.

“Alright…alright fine. What really happened is…exactly what you probably imagined. I did shoot fire out of my hands. That guy did flood the hallway. I did stop him. And this is what I look like when I use fire like I did. But….it’s imperative that this secret remains well secret. If people found out that this exists, a lot more than my reputation could be at stake. There’s more than me and we need to stick together and need to get rid of what’s hurting people. So could you guys…Please…please not whisper this down the lane?” she said quietly.

It was quiet, but they soon to began to step from behind the safety of their doors, looking at Roxanne with slightly less fear. Her eyebrows knit, her arms opening slightly. “I just want to get better.”

“And the only way we can make sure that happens is if we get you a psyche test.” A doctor who had approached from the crowd said.

“No.” it was Jakob. “She’s of perfect mental health. I tested her myself; she shows all neutral signs and no instability. She’s fine. I just want to keep her here a tad longer so she can heal.” His hand placed on the small of her back, staring out at them.

“She can’t stay here. Whatever attacked may come back and we have patients in serious condition. There’s a possibility that they’ll end up getting hurt. She can’t stay.”

“That’s fine,” she said, nodding her head. “I can go home.”

“No, he’ll be expecting that.”

“Roxanne you can come back home,” her dad said.

“No, he’ll be expecting that too.”

“Then where do I go?” Roxanne said arms folded.

“Stay with me. He doesn’t know you know me, he doesn’t even know me.”

Roxanne blinked, slowly and multiple times. “Are you being serious?”

“Yes.”

“Roxanne, you barely even know him and he’s asking you to stay with him.”

“It’s settled,” she said, looking into Jakob’s eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
late, late update. bad too -_-