Sequel: Excuse The Obscene

First You Fall

No Regrets

Toni's P.O.V.

Toni Foster is dead. Or rather, the old Toni Foster is dead. She led a bit of a boring life. Bartending on and off. Crappy apartment. Douche bag landlord. No real friends. A mother that had long since disappeared and a father she barely talked to. The epitome of dull. That Toni died. I'm not sure exactly when. Maybe it was the exact second Zacky agreed to let me join him. Or maybe it was after my first 'job' experience. Maybe she died along with my first victim. It's all semantics, because I can honestly say I don't miss her. I like this new person I've become. Better, faster, stronger and a living a life that's a hell of a lot more interesting. It had been a few months since then and I've had no regrets.

“Do you know what tomorrow is?” Val asked, bounding into the room.

I was laying on mine and Zacky's bed, having just woke up. The guys were out of town for a few days on business. Business meaning they were driving up north to break bones until the small, growing gang up there got the point. Zacky can be pretty territorial. I had wanted to go but there was still a lot of things Zacky wouldn't let me get involved in. At least he was filling me in on shit now. Val had stayed behind too. Probably because Zacky has some irrational fear of me being left alone for too long. I didn't mind though. Val and I had gotten even closer since Zacky decided to make us work together on jobs. Before she had been my best friend but now, she's literally my partner in crime. There's nothing like doing shit and reeking havoc together to strengthen a friendship. Despite that, I still don't like being woken up by her.

“Yes, Val, I know. Now can I go back to sleep.” I pulled the pillow over my head, knowing that Val wouldn't actually leave.

“So what are you thinking of doing for your and Zacky's one year anniversary?” Val asked, dropping down onto the bed.

“I'm not sure yet.” I answered honestly. I had spent weeks thinking about it but I had no fucking clue what I could possibly get Zacky. He was a man with absolutely everything and it made shopping for him really hard.

“Well the guys come back tonight so you and I are going out today. We'll look around until you find something.”

“Val” I groaned “We've already looked again and again. Maybe I should just plan something special instead. Like a vacation.”

“That would work, except you'd have to pick a time when Zacky'd be willing to take time off of work to go. And that could be a bit of a problem.”

“Why?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“Zacky hasn't taken a vacation in ages. And that's by choice. He doesn't like just dropping everything.”

“Fuck.” I whispered, another idea of mine having been crushed.

“Get up and get ready. We're not going to find anything sitting in this house all fucking day.” Val said as she left the room, her mind already made up.

I groaned but got out of the bed anyway. I took my time showering and getting ready, partly because I was still thinking and partly because I was not looking forward to this shopping experience. When I was done, I went downstairs to find Val waiting by the door.

“Any ideas?” She asked as we left the house.

“Nothing. You?”

“Same. But we'll find something.” She replied confidently.

------------
Val was wrong. We've been shopping for almost two hours now and we haven't found shit. In my opinion the trip was turning into nothing but a failure. Val, on the other hand, considered it a success because we had at least found a sexy dress for me to wear to dinner.

“Val let's just go home now. At least we can brainstorm from a nice, comfortable couch.” I whined. Even after all the time I had spent with Val over the past year, I still hadn't adopted her love for shopping and after this I doubt I ever will.

“Toni, your anniversary is tomorrow. You can't exactly put this off anymore.” Val said, continuing down the street, leaving no choice but for me to follow her.

“Well this has been proven to be a pretty fucking worthless trip.”

“Not entirely, we did -”

“Wait, Val.” I interrupted her and stopped walking.

“What?” She asked, spinning around and looking at me.

I gestured towards the shop I stood in front of.

“I see what I want to get him now.” A smile growing on my face for the first time since we'd started shopping.

She looked from me to the shop before following me in.

------------
When we left the shop I was incredibly happy about having finally found the right gift for Zacky, but I still felt pretty nervous about it.

“Home now.” I sighed, finally happy to be done shopping.

“Not yet. There's one more thing you need to get.” Val shot me a very familiar smirk.

“No.” I moaned. “What now?”

A short drive later I found myself in front of a Victoria's Secret.

“Val.” I said, not able to stop myself from smirking.

“It's the night of your one year anniversary! You need something new and sexy.”

“Why? Zacky will only destroy it, ripping it off me.” I said as we walked into the store.

“That's the point.” She smiled, ignoring the saleslady and hitting the racks.

We walked around the store grabbing an assortment of lingerie. Val dumped three different skimpy sets on top of the six I was already carrying before pushing me towards the fitting rooms. I looked through the pile of teddies, bustiers, babydolls and slips in my arms. First on was a dark green, fly away babydoll. After that I tried on a light grey teddy followed by a blue slip. Lace, silk, satin, halters, garters, embroidered, pleated. I loved everyone that I tried on.

Looks like Val finally found my shopping weakness.

I left the fitting room with all ten items still in my arms.

“Which one are you getting?” Val asked, when I found her near the bra section.

“All of them.” I said with a shrug.

Val just raised one eyebrow and smirked. On the way to the cash register, I grabbed four more pieces of lingerie that I decided I needed to have.

“You are clearly becoming addicted.” Val said as she watched me dump them all on the register.

“I doubt they'll have long life spans, considering how impatient Zacky can be.” I said, ignoring the odd look the cashier was giving me.

Once we paid, I dragged my bag out to the car and dumped it in the back. I glanced at my watch as Val started the car. 5:48, it read.

“The guys should be getting back soon.” I commented.

“Want to pick something up?”

“No, let's make dinner. I'm sure they've eaten enough shit take out food over the past couple of days.”

We stopped at the grocery store to pick up things to cook, knowing full well that the house wouldn't be stocked to well. Once we made it back to the house I grabbed my bag from the trunk and hid it in the house before helping Val carry in the groceries. I was laying things out to get started when Val came back with the last bag of groceries and my Victoria's Secret bag I had left in the backseat.

“You left this in my car.” She said, dropping the Victoria's Secret bag at my feet.

“Thanks.” I grabbed it and ran up to mine and Zacky's room, dropping it on the floor before rushing back to the kitchen.

Val and I heard the door open halfway through our cooking.

“We're in the kitchen.” Val shouted before anyone could ask.

All five guys stormed into the kitchen. Brian and Jimmy went straight to the fridge to grab beers. Johnny had taken a seat on a stool across from Val. Matt walked in and went straight to Val, leaning down to give her a kiss that looked like it was getting very heated, very quickly.

I felt familiar arms wrap around me from behind and I couldn't keep the grin from forming on my face. I tilted my head to the side to meet Zacky's lips with my own.

“I want you.” He whispered in my ear after he pulled his lips from mine.

“You always want me.” I whispered softly, smirking.

“And I'll never stop wanting you.” He said, sliding his lips down my neck.

“I have to finish here.” I said, playfully pushing Zacky away.

“Guys, out of the kitchen and let us finish here unless you want to enjoy burnt dinner tonight.” I said, ignoring how Zacky had put his lips back on my neck.

The guys started to clear out of the kitchen and headed towards the lounge.

“I'm going to go change.” Zacky said, pecking my lips lightly again before leaving the kitchen with the rest of the guys.

It had barely been two minutes since the guys had left when I heard Zacky calling my name. I turned to Val.

“Go ahead. It's almost done anway, I've got it under control.”

I rinsed my hands and went up to the room I shared with Zacky. I walked in and found him going through my Victoria's Secret bag that I had forgotten to put away earlier. I smirked as I saw him lift up a blue, silk, teddy.

“Been digging through my stuff, Zacky?” I smiled lightly, walking slowly over to him.

Once I was within arms length, Zacky dropped the teddy and pulled me down onto the bed. His kisses were hungry and frenzied.

“The guys are downstairs.” I said, pulling away and trying to wriggle my way out of Zacky's arms.

“You should model these for me.” Zacky's voice came out rough and husky. I was tempted to comply but instead I stood up from the bed.

I dropped the blue teddy back in the bag and pulled the bag away from Zacky with a smile.

“Not tonight.” I gave him a cheeky grin.

“Why not?” Zacky asked, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

“Because dinner's probably ready.”

“I don't need it.” He buried his face in my stomach and started placing kisses there.

“Come on.” I pulled myself away faster this time.

I sashayed towards the door and looked over my shoulder to shoot Zacky a look. He just smirked lightly before jumping up to chase me. I had made it all the way downstairs before Zacky caught me, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me in the air. I laughed and wriggled around in his arms until he dropped me.

“Let's eat already!” I heard Johnny shout from the dining room.

I grabbed Zacky's hand and led him into the dining room where we took seats around the table with the rest of the guys. I smiled, looking around the table, knowing I would never regret joining this odd family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please.