‹ Prequel: Hopeless Hearts

After Everything's Said and Done

Hurt

I headed back toward the kitchen and looked in. I didn’t see Gerard so I turned around and started to head toward the living room, only to run into somebody. I was about to say sorry to the person, but realized I had run into Frank. He was starting to frustrate me now. I just glared at him as usual and went around him. I was almost to the living room when I felt a hand grab mine.

“Leave me alone Frank!” I yelled, turning around. But it wasn’t Frank who had grabbed my hand. It was a confused looking Gerard.

“Why you yelling at me?” asked Gerard, his words slurred. He was obviously drunk.

“Sorry,” I said, sighing. “I thought you were Frank.”

He didn’t say anything for a moment, he just stared at me.

“You’re so beautiful,” he said. He leaned forward, kissing me forcefully. He tasted like alcohol. Still holding my hand, he pulled back from the kiss and pulled me down the hallway Frank had led me down earlier. He even went to the same room, which was still empty. He pulled me in, not bothering to close the door, and pushed me onto the bed. He quickly got on top of me and covered my mouth with his. I tried to push him away but he was stronger than me and held my arms down above my head. I tried to turn my head to the side but couldn’t. I didn’t want to do this. Not while he was drunk, anyways. I probably wouldn’t want to even if he had been sober.

He finally moved his lips from mine, bringing them to my neck this time.

“Gerard,” I said.

He didn’t respond but continued to kiss and bite my neck softly. He was now holding my arms down with one hand as the other was trying to unbutton my pants.

“Stop Gerard,” I said. I managed to get one of my arms free and grabbed Gerard’s hand that was trying to now slide my pants off.

“Claiiirre,” whined Gerard.

“I said stop Gerard,” I said.

He looked me in the eyes and I saw anger and annoyance in them.

“Fucking tease,” he said, getting off of me. I sat up and got off of the bed, buttoning and zipping my jeans. Gerard was heading towards the door.

“Gerard,” I said.

“What?” he snapped.

“What is your problem?” I asked, getting angry at his attitude.

He didn’t say anything and I couldn’t see his face because he had his back to
me. I slowly reached my hand out and touched his shoulder. He turned his head quickly and glared at me, causing me to retract my hand quickly from his shoulder. I had never seen Gerard this angry, and I assumed all the alcohol he had consumed tonight brought it on.

“Let’s leave now, Gerard,” I said. Leaving sounded good right now.

“I don’t want to leave,” said Gerard.

I reached for his hand but he moved it away from me.

“Come on, Gerard,” I said.

“No,” he said forcefully. I grabbed his arm but instantly regretted it. Gerard brought his other hand toward my face, slapping me hard. I immediately let go of his arm and brought a hand to my stinging cheek.

“I’m not leaving,” Gerard seethed. My vision blurred with tears as Gerard angrily left the room.

I felt the tears leave my eyes as I stumbled out of the room blindly. I ran into several people as I headed toward the front door of the house. I couldn’t believe what Gerard had done and I need to get out of this house. Before I reached the door, though, I ran into someone who didn’t immediately move out of my way, but instead wrapped their arms around me. I didn’t care who it was. All I cared about was that this person was comforting me, because right now I wanted to be comforted. When I did see who it was, I still didn’t care. Even though it was the one person I loved and hated. Frank.